T H I R T Y T H R E E

»»—CHAPTER THIRTY THREE—««
SUNFLOWER

A tired boy with droopy eyes stumbled into the warm and cozy room filled with instruments. He had missed his alarm clock going off and had woken up ten minutes after his supposed meet up with an older student, who was already sat behind the piano. The pink haired student glanced up from where his fingers were resting on the tiles, seeing the groggy younger stumble his way in.

"m sorry I'm late", Jeongguk mumbled, slumping next to the older on the piano bench, attempting to wake himself up.

"it's okay", the older smiled, knowing how hard it could be to wake up, since he himself loved sleeping more than anything else in life, "So Jimin told me you could sing".

"Maybe", the younger shrugged, "My parents always said I had a talent for singing but they're my parents, they have to be nice after all. That's their job".

"Well, maybe you could tell me a song you like to sing and I'll play it for you", Yoongi offered, "Then I'll be able to hear what sort of vocal range you have".

Jeongguk's lips formed into a pout while thinking about which song he really loved before he snapped his fingers, almost as if a light bulb went off above his head.

"I know one!", he smiled before patting around in search of his phone, "It's not that popular but I really like it".

He looked up the right keys and showed Yoongi what he needed to play, watching the older furrow his eyebrows in concentration as he tried playing the keys, his tongue slightly poking out.

Jeongguk noticed this and found it very cute how the older shut out everything when he was in the middle of playing, not caring his tongue wasn't even in his mouth or his eyebrows were furrowed into an angry look. He listened to the soft music the older was playing, humming the lyrics to himself.

"So does this song speak to you on some sort of level?", Yoongi asked after he figured out the keys. His eyes flickered from the piano to the boy sitting next to him, who was seemingly a bit lost in thought. "Because it's always better if you're emotional invested into a song. Your emotions will shine through in your singing".

"Yeah, I guess it means something to me", Jeongguk spoke up, eyes still in a sort of daze, "Guess it means a lot actually".

The pink head hummed, feeling the younger's thigh press against him from the close proximity caused by the small bench they were sitting on. He was normally very uncomfortable with human contact – Taehyung, one of his dearest and clingiest friends, being the exception. But he didn't have the heart to move away or grab a separate chair. The younger was clearly tired and affected by Taehyung's absence – just like Yoongi.

Yoongi missed his younger friend, one that would pull him to places and make him feel a little bit less antisocial. He'd cuddle up to the blonde and Taehyung would talk or sing him to sleep – depending on what had happened that day and if he had something to rant about. Taehyung never cared about his older friend falling asleep. Yoongi just needed someone to sleep on while Taehyung just needed someone to rant to. It was a perfect – friendly – match.

He wasn't so sure if everything Jeongguk was feeling was only friendly feelings towards Taehyung, but he understood that not having Taehyung around was hard. The blonde would always be there, he was hyper and social, had always time for you and took you everywhere. But then suddenly he was gone.

For Jeongguk, Taehyung had been his first friend in college, someone to depend on. To him the blonde was like a drug, Taehyung was a dose of friendship he got everyday and when he got addicted to the love and attention (friendly or not) the blonde disappeared. And Jeongguk was having withdrawal symptoms.

The older smiled, "Let's start with this song alright?" Jeongguk nodded and took a deep breath.

🎵 "Rose girls in glass vases, perfect bodies, perfect vases. They all belong in magazines. Those girls the boys are chasing, winning all the games they're playing. They're always in a different league. Stretching towards the sky like I don't care. Wishing you could see me standing there. But I'm a sunflower, a little funny. If I was a rose, maybe you'd want me "🎵

This song is amazing - i watched the movie a few days ago with some friends and man it hit home. Also i just came back from lloret de mar and am home now but that doesn't mean i have a lot of time bc i have my driver's license exam on wednesday (god save me) and then it's back to studying japanese bc uni is starting the week after that. Aaaaaaaah

Also sorry for lack of updates