E I G H T E E N

»»—-CHAPTER EIGHTEEN—-««
A WILD SPORTY BOY APPEARED

JEONGGUK got approached by an older guy at lunch when he was in the middle of shoveling spaghetti into his mouth. He almost choked on a meatball - since he hadn't been paying attention to anything – when a guy in sporty shorts and a wicked smile on his face clapped him on the shoulder.

"Good legs you've got!", he yelled out, while now clapping him on the back because the ravenhead was coughing up his lungs (and meatballs).

"E-excuse me?", Jeongguk asked, voice croaky by the almost near death experience. The tall guy in sporty shorts laughed and invited himself to sit down next to Jeongguk who was very scared & confused.

"I'm Chanyeol, captain of the running track team", the older guy explained, seeing a pair of five eyes stare at him in awe, which boosted his already inflated self-esteem even more, "I saw you running through the hallway this morning. And let me tell you right now that I have never ever seen someone run that fast for something as little as being late to class. Imagine if we trained you, if you would even need training. We would actually win something with you in our team!"

The four other people around the table now looked at Jeongguk who was at a loss for words.

"So what do you say? You'll join right?", Chanyeol asked, poking the younger multiple times until Jeongguk was shaken out of his daze. He blinked a couple of times and looked for help from his friends. Chanhyuk was shyly playing with his fingers, Holly merely shrugged as Lizzie and Daesung were nodding their heads like bobble head figures.

"When's training?", he then decided to ask, seeing Chanyeol's eyes light up.

"Every Tuesday and Thursday at 8 pm", he said enthusiastically, "And sometimes after training we'll go for a drink or order some pizza. A team isn't a team when you don't know the people in it. I bet you'll have friends on the team in no time".

Jeongguk bit his lip before nodding slowly, "I'll join one training just to see how it goes".

"Great!", the older smiled, clapping his hands for extra effect, "Today at 8 is our first training. I'll see you there".

And with that Chanyeol left the table, not even waiting for Jeongguk's confirmation.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

"You've joined a club? Woah now you're officially an university student", Taehyung exclaimed when he heard the news as soon as the younger had calmed down after walking into the dorm. Before he came in Taehyung had been watching YouTube peacefully while chewing on popcorn until he had been urged to dive away from a book hurled his way. Jeongguk had cursed at him for making him late to class and when the younger had finally calmed down he told him what had happened at lunch.

"Which reminds me- there's a frat party at Thursday. You and your friends should come", Taehyung said, watching the younger unpack his backpack, "It's a good opportunity to talk to some new people and get along with people other than first years. I made my friends that way".

What does everyone have with wanting me to make friends?

"I'll think about it", Jeongguk sighed, "But after today I might not have enough socializing juice left in me".

Taehyung quirked an eyebrow, "I don't think there's a juice like that. And if there was, my blood would be made out of it".

"Can't discuss with that", the younger mumbled, jumping into bed and nuzzling into his pillow, "I can't understand how you do it".

"What? Being extremely attractive?", Taehyung asked, hand now placed on his hip as his body was already lying on his side facing Jeongguk, "Nobody knows. I guess I was blessed by the gods".

"Shut the fuck up", the younger laughed, chucking a pillow the other's way, "I mean being so social. It's extremely tiring".

Taehyung turned back to fall on his back, "It's a skill you learn throughout your life. I just happened to be very open about everything from the beginning".

The younger snorted at that, making the blonde frown.

"What's so funny?"

Jeongguk snorted again, "My dirty mind kicked it".

"How-"

"-Are you also physically open for everything?", Jeongguk asked, barely containing his laughter until his laughs were released when a pillow hit his face.

"Pervert!"

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

just wanted to point out that jeongguk arrived on sunday. monday was his first day of class so today is tuesday. i know i wrote eighteen chapters about three days and it's going as slow as a turtle. but it'll go faster after this. there were just a lot of details i wanted to include