F O R T Y T W O

»»——CHAPTER FORTY TWO——««
RUNNING AFTER LOVE

Jeongguk didn't know what came over him while he was running through the hallways, not really knowing where he was going. He had had been wanting to get away from everyone and everything, and his legs were currently granting him that wish. Though he was away from everyone, he couldn't just run away from everything. His head wasn't that easy to run away from, and the anxiety his thoughts were giving him slowly took over him.

Had something gone wrong at the performance? Not at all. The crowd had gone crazy, loving the song and the performers. Yoongi had even hugged him, telling him how good of a job he had done. And the best part: he hadn't fucked up his lyrics once.

So what had happened after coming off stage?

Jeongguk's mind.

That's what happened.

After coming off stage his mind had suddenly gotten active- a bit too active for his liking. Doom day thoughts were thrown around in his head, warning him about what he had done could have terrible consequences. He had declared his feelings for Taehyung, in front of a large crowd, because that's what he had felt like doing. He had wanted to show Taehyung that he could be loved, something the boy thought he was incapable of. But Jeongguk hadn't thought about what Taehyung would think about being loved by his former roommate. What if this had ended their friendship? What if everything was ruined now?

Jeongguk hadn't been able to handle what he had done. There was no turning back now, and it made his body go in utter panic. Before Yoongi could even ask him what was wrong with the boy, he had darted out of the place, leaving a confused older behind.

Taehyung, who had been waiting backstage for the younger to appear, frowned when he saw the boy run away from Yoongi before he could even make his presence known. Yoongi, who knew Taehyung was here, gave him a look and moved his head to the double doors Jeongguk disappeared behind, motioning for his friend to run after him.

The red head's legs began moving on their own and before he knew it he had busted through the doors and was following the sound of footsteps that were resonating in the empty hallways. He knew he couldn't follow Jeongguk, since the boy was very fast, but he also knew the boy would get tired. That would be the moment he'd appear.

And like he thought, the sound of footsteps he had been following slowed down and he heard something crash against lockers. Taehyung, who had been just behind the corner, peeked around the wall to investigate the scene.

Jeongguk had thrown his back against a locker and was sliding down it, slowly shrinking into himself before he was a little ball on the ground. He could see the boy's body tremble, either from anxiety or tears, but he didn't wait long enough to distinguish which one it was. He quickly walked up to the boy, his footsteps alarming the younger boy whose head shot up.

His eyes were rimmed red and silent tears were leaking out of them, causing the other boy to drop down onto his knees in front of the younger. His hand hesitantly reached out to cup Jeongguk's cheek, feeling the younger lean into the touch, his tears wetting his hand.

"Hey", Taehyung whispered, giving the younger a soft smile.

Jeongguk's lips formed into a small smile, tears still rolling down his cheeks, "Hey".

"What's wrong Ggukie?", the red head asked silently, his thumb now stroking the boy's cheek, "Why are you sad?"

The younger didn't respond and only nuzzled his head further into the older's large hand with closed eyes that were still leaking tears.