T W E N T Y T W O

»»-CHAPTER TWENTY TWO-««
ITS GOOD TO SMELL THE ROSES AND DIE

THE dorm was very quiet when Taehyung wasn't around and the younger tried his best to play his music as loud as possible without disturbing his neighbors.

He let the video on his laptop play out without paying much attention to it, making the deep voice of his favorite youtuber echo around the room. Jeongguk didn't know why he was feeling so deflated, as if all joy was sucked out of him. Maybe it was just the nagging feeling in the pit of his stomach whenever he thought about what the boy that had taken Taehyung out on a date would look like.

Or maybe it was the fact his friends were all busy which made him feel completely left out and alone, creating an empty feeling which even his favorite gamer couldn't fill.

Jeongguk's upper body was dangling out of bed, his upside down hair now barely hovering above the ground as his legs were clasped around the headrest, keeping him steady. Markiplier's video kept playing and high-pitched screeching from some kind of monster was heard from the open laptop. The raven haired boy sighed, eyes opening slightly and observing the blurry upside down room as another sound beside the walkthrough resonated throughout the room: a knocking sound. The boy released his legs and let himself flop down onto the ground, creating a loud thud which surprised the person who was waiting behind the closed door.

Jeongguk got up from the floor and hastily walked over to the door, hoping it would be one of his friends to keep him company and not just someone who walked by and decided on pranking him.

He swung the door open with a curious look in his eyes which soon dissolved into a blank expression once he recognized the person standing on the other side. The corners of his mouth turned down into an ugly grimace and his eyes soon followed by turning into a fierce glare. Before the glared at blonde could actually speak up, the door was thrown into his face, cutting of his words.

"Jeongguk!", he yelled out when the door didn't open again after a whole minute of knocking on it. There wasn't any reaction except for the ravenhead's neighbor who stepped out to see what the commotion was about. He had gotten agitated by the continuous knocking sounds and yelling on the hallway. "Hey! Some people are actually trying to study here! So get out of here. Apparently that guy doesn't want to see you so scram", the guy barked before stepping back inside of his dorm, but not after giving the blonde a dirty look first.

Yugyeom sighed and decided on knocking one more time, just to test his luck. But as expected, no response came. He concluded Jeongguk didn't want to see him and walked back to his own dorm on the fifth floor.

When Taehyung walked in three hours later he found Jeongguk in the same position Yugyeom had left him in, only now asleep. The younger was sat against the wall close to the door in a position that didn't seem very comfortable, which made Taehyung decide on waking him up.

Jeongguk jumped up by the sudden shake of his shoulders, ready to fight Yugyeom for breaking into his dorm. But when he met the surprised almond eyes of his roommate, he immediately dropped his fighting stand.

"You alright?", the blonde chuckled as he noticed the younger relaxing. Jeongguk nodded and felt his shoulder being patted by the older which made him slap the other's hand, "Damn you and your sneak attacks".

Taehyung scoffed at that, "I literally walked in front of you and grabbed your shoulders. That's not sneaky and hardly an attack".

"Still", Jeongguk pouted as he crossed his arms, "You could have been a robber or something. I was just trying to protect our dorm!"

"Maybe you should lock our dorm first. That'd be the best protection". The blonde chuckled at the other's lost expression and shook his head, "Anyway! Do you wanna hear about my date?"

Jeongguk frowned, "Not real-"

"Perfect! So we went to this fancy Japanese restaurant that serves the best sushi in town and it's like super cheap too so we didn't have any problem splitting the bill. And oh my god- when we walked around the park he bend down and picked a rose for me, telling me all the good cliché shit! He's so much better than any jock! He pecked my cheek and told me good night and oh lord Jeongguk it was so romantic I could die!"

"Well if you do I could have a whole dorm to myself", the younger mumbled making the other shoot him a stern glare, "Are you going to tell me his name or what?"

"Nope", Taehyung responded, "I figured it's bad luck. So he'll be my little secret for now. Not even my friends know him".

"I'll call him dipshit in my head for now", the ravenette replied, gasping at the sudden slap on his shoulder coming from the other, "And stop hitting me! Go sit in a corner with your rose and die by smelling the romance or something".

Taehyung rolled his eyes at Jeongguk's childish behavior.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
zora says: woof

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆zora says: woof