Chapter one(a)

It was raining heavily that night as mother was anxiously waiting for father to return.

He was surprisingly late and the road from the palace wasn't pleasant, as he walked down to the main house we could see his face was pale and distressed and when he reached where we stood, we said in unison.

"Greetings father"
but he was too carried away to reply, he walked passed us and mother followed suit.

We waited outside their bed chamber, and after some time mother came out quietly.

"His Majesty has passed away" she announced.
"As you all know your father will be devastated from loosing his close friend and master, quietly put your younger brother to sleep and go to bed, I will stay with your father" she stated and hurried back.

Even though the king has taken ill for quiet sometime, we all dreaded this day.
*******
The next morning as if all our home training for waking up early finally worked, Jinseong Orabeoni (Elder brother)walked over from one direction, I , Noona(elder sister) and Doha who was carrying our younger brother walked from the other.
We met our parents close to the gate, they were wearing plain cream attires for mourning.

"Good morning mother, father" we coincided bowing.

"We are setting out for the palace we will be back after we send the king off properly and mourning days are over in the palace, I will expect you to manage the house"
"And Jinseong should stay home at all times" she adds looking over to where he stood.

Immediately their palanquin departed Jinseong Oraboeni let out his long awaited smile and i knew then that this was going to be a long week.
******
Palanquin is also known as the sedan chair ,men carry it from four angles.