Chapter five(a)

Once we were outside Noona grabbed my arms to face her
"Are you OK?"
"What exactly has gotten into you, you know I can't let you go to the palace...no this won't do I will go back and speak to them,it is my fate to spend the rest of my life in the palace"

"It is because of the minister of the right's son right?"Orabeoni asked.
"I heard about you two long ago"

"I will be alright, I have a plan" I cut in to say.

"And what could that be?"she hurriedly asked.

"I can't fail the exams because of Mother and our family's reputation but I can feign illness after the selection"

"So you mean the brilliant plan is rotting away in your chamber for eternity" she rhetoricated with an amused sarcastic tone.

"No Noona just leave it to me, I will find a way"
********
"Greetings Mother Father" we said as we sat in their chamber.

"I persuaded your mother to give you a chance but it all depends on you, it depends on if Mi eul can have the young man marry her before you leave and if you can learn all the things you should before the set date"

We looked at each other in thought.
"I know it is almost impossible but try, and Yoo hwa there are too many rules in the palace i am afraid you will be restricted"

"I will be fine Father, I and Noona will not disappoint you"