Chapter two(a)

When we were children, Jinseong spent his time learning the arts while Mi eul Noona stayed home to learn how to be a proper lady and the ways of the palace from her tutor as the prospective wife of the Crown prince and now Consort(King's wife).
With the untimely death of the king, the selection has drawn nearer.
And as for me father has always been supportive of my idea of living simply.

*******
Late evening I came out of my room to show Mi eul my sewing skills and a new music variation that i have mastered out of the years of practice with her.
It was unfortunately already dark but the moon was shining brightly so I walked along the lanes squinting my eyes a little,  I saw her coming from afar holding a lamp 'alone'.

"Noona!" I called.
She became startled almost dropping everything she is holding.
"Where are you coming back from?....wait let's go in before anyone sees" I said.
After we settled in her room, I started in a modulated tone.
"You came back from seeing him right?" I asked raising an eyebrow.
"Since you are leaving in a few weeks it must be hard to see him"
They have known each other for seven years now, so reaching this crossroad must be devastating.

"I am thinking about talking to mother about him when they come back, I have realised it is now or never" She replied bravely.

"Ahhh" I sighed deeply.
"With mother's nature it's going to be trouble, I just hope she won't go and knock him out with a broomstick"
Then Silence fell.
"Since he is prime minister of the right's son he could be considered"I murmured hopefully.

"To mother only the Crown prince or King can be good enough"