Where flowers wither.

Shadow Jun woo's POV.
"You can't, even if the king is down his chamber is still well guarded"
I wish she could be more patient.

"Just send those fools, i have another plan just in case things go wrong"

"I understand"
She stood up to hold my hand in her small ones.

"Be careful"
"Be safe"
"The world will soon be ours"
If she finally becomes Queen will she be at peace then? I just hope she will.

*********
I prepared and went to Consort Yeon woo's chamber for a survey in a royal guard uniform.
I heard a baby's cry from a neighbouring roof top.
'This will be a good timing'

"I have a message for her highness from his Majesty"
I told the guards and one of them guided me to the maids standing in front of the room.

"He has a message for her highness"

"You can give us the scroll we will pass it to her"

"I have been ordered to deliver it directly"
I expected more questioning but they just opened the doors for my entry.
The room was dim.
"Your highness i have a message"
I lifted my head to search for the direction of the window.

"Emmm"came a reply.
'Is she sleeping already? while the baby is crying'
I drew my sword and walked silently to draw the bed curtain.
She was seated, her back to me then she slowly kept the baby on the bed.
'That will make it a lot easier'
Grabbing the chance i lifted the sword to strike but she turned to block it with..a sword?'
Just from the side view i can conclude it had to be a man.
'It was a trap, Ji ae must have eavesdropped on our conversation that day'
The person stood on his feet.
He couldn't be Se won's husband, could he?

"Were you looking for me?"he asked while my sword was at his neck.
"Wait for a bit"
He started pulling the clothes off.
"To tell you the truth i wanted to have a little conversation with you but it would have been so hard to meet you besides here"
I calmly kept my sword to the side.
"I heard you love Se won" he chuckled lightly.
"That you love each other so much, so i wanted to ask why you didn't marry her instead and why you had to get me into her mess"

"Oh that...i actually married her long a go, i just brought her to the palace for a short vacation"

"What did you say?"

"What? Should i let you on the details?"

"You are really asking for death aren't you?"
"Sure"
"Take him away" he told off and soldiers swarm in bringing their swords to my neck.
'Took them long enough'

"Drop your weapon"
I can't afford to leave empty handed, should i end the prince's life?
But what if something was really wrong with the king, then Se won will need him.
"I won't repeat myself, drop your weapon"
'I would have to find another way' i concluded dropping my source of protection.

Yoo hwa's POV.
"Can you call the Commander?" I asked a royal guard in front of his Majesty's chamber after my short conversation with the rest of the Royal family about the intruder's failed attempt.

"Yes"

"I will wait for him outside"

"I heard some of them escaped"

"No, the General paved a path for them to leave on purpose, so that he could find out their root"

"What about Jun woo"

"He is at one of the interrogation rooms"

"Is his Majesty leaving for the mine tomorrow"

"Yes"

Prince Chin mae's POV.
"Your highness! Your highness"
"There is trouble"one of my guards rushed in while i was getting ready.

"What is it?"

"The assassins have made a confession, that it was lady Bori's rebel group who sent them and they are right now being brought into the palace for interrogation"

"With Bori?"

"Yes"
Of course she will make sure she is included.
The head of bureau has already confessed she is his spy so there won't be any problem.

"Lead the way"

Yoo hwa's POV.
"Agasshi, the Commander said to bring you right away"
"Some scholars have entered the palace to ask for the release of their brothers from some of the officials"

"I knew this issue would get more complicated"
It is common sense that a rebel group of mostly scholars who stick their noses in books all day don't have the nerve to attack a King.

"He thinks the Dowager is up to something, she has summoned officials to court"
So she knows his Majesty is out of the palace.

"Let's hurry"

I could read from their faces that they wonder who i am or what i am doing here.

"Consort, what brings you"

"Don't worry about me, please go on"

"We have caught the culprit behind the King's attack at his chamber"
"They confessed it was from a known rebel group"
"At the questioning of their leader he confessed it was the doing of a member of his group called Bori, he explained how she has held an awful grudge against his Majesty"
They are putting all the blame on her to save their heads, how cowardly.
"When he learnt about her plan he tried his best to stop her but she was too..."
Prince Chin mae burst in.

"Queen mother, what are you doing?"

"Base on this two confessions i hereby charge her with high treason, her and her family will be executed immediately" she finished.

"What? What did you say?"
"Didn't the head of bureau confess she was his spy?"

"The head of bureau only assumed so but he can not know what is in her heart or control her actions"

"When his Majesty regains his health Queen mother surely won't be safe, are you still going to do this?"
What exactly did Se won bribe her with? Or did she threaten her?

"Safe?"
She laughed.
"Because of a low birth?"

"I can vouch she didn't do it"

"Do you have any connection with a criminal of high treason  or do you have prove?"

"How can i, a prince know a low life, of course not"
His face and tone changed.
'What is he thinking?'
"I just feel bad that someone is taking responsibility for my actions"
'What?'
The whole court erupted in murmurs.
Is he buying time or is he really trying to kill himself? What ever it is there are things you should never say.

"What do you mean by your actions?"she inquired.
I walked up to him.

"Release her and i will come clean"he confirmed.

"Your highness don't say more" i whispered.

"He has lost his mind"
"You will be confined to your chamber, guards take him away"she ordered.

"Are you.."

"Consort Yoo hwa"
"Your brother is on his way back, trust him and don't do anything rash"

"You dare to lay your hands on me, let go!"

"I ask of you"i said.

"How can i..what if..."he swallowed bitterly.
'There is no time'

"Take him away, make sure he remains in sight"
"Do you understand?"

"Yes, your highness"
Four of them held him.

"Let go..you..let go"he struggled.
I walked pass them out of court.