Chapter nine(b)

The King's POV
The Queen mother has been pressing on the Consort selection that it couldn't wait any longer, so i decided to go this evening a time they least expect.
The servants were told not to announce my entry.
Approaching the first room on the right, I heard a child singing in a low tone, I paused in front of the room listening for a bit, then entered shutting the door slowly behind me.
As I walked to the centre of the room I realised it wasn't a child but a grown up lady lying on her back.
How absent minded of her, she didn't seem to notice someone has entered so I decided to clear my throat.

Ehmmm!

Immediately our eyes met I had to admit i have never seen anyone move that fast.
But unfortunately she ended up falling down with a dull thud.

I thought about helping her up but concluded it will be inappropriate, so i calmly sat on the small stool beside the round table.
I watched her from the side of my eye as she sat up slowly placing both her hands to her side,keeping her head down, her movements saying 'whats done is done what's there to hurry'.

She disentangled herself and kept the blanket on the bed when she turned I noticed her covered face.
"Greetings your Majesty" she said kowtowing to the floor.

"Please sit"
I urged, directing her with my hand.

"I didn't know your Majesty will visit, please forgive me"
She bowed half way through.

"You are lady....?"
I lifted my gaze to see her properly and her hair....

"Lady Shin Yoo hwa, your Majesty"

"You are shin, how is your father?"

"He is well thank you for your Majesty's concern"

"My lady your...." I gestured my hands to her hair.

"My veil your Majesty?it is because i do not want to taint your royal eyes, forgive me"

Royal eyes?with the scene earlier you have already tainted my royal soul.

"Your Majesty, you don't have to worry for me" she mentioned almost whispering as she displayed a few rashes on her hands.
"It doesn't have a cure" she added.
I furrowed my eyebrows a bit, in thought I asked myself.
'How did she pass the test?'
'And why did she come this far if she wished to be disqualified?'