Chapter thirteen(a)

Yoo hwa's POV
We were out to the fields where everyone formed a large circle.

"Yeom byong su, step forward"
"This man here is one of the our new trainees and I challenge you to defeat him"

He seemed well built and tough but I don't feel intimidated.
With my sagging clothes I stepped forward to face him.

"Begin" the Commander said.

When we were inches away he threw his fist left and right, swinging his legs upwards, but I dodge every time.
We continued in that pattern.

"For how long are you going to continue avoiding, attack like a man"he growled.
By now beads of sweat were running down from his damp hair to his forehead.
I think now will be the time .
I lunged forward with my fist as a distraction to give me time to move close enough to bend a little tilting to the opposite direction as I hit his upper abdomen with the sharp end of my elbow.
He winced.
He turned me over and punched me square in the face.
I moved back as we stared at each other in rage.
He attacked with his legs this time but i blocked him with my hands.
I stepped back to have enough space to lift my whole body in the air as I kicked my right then left leg to his chest.

I staggered trying to stand on my feet while he fell on his back clenching his chest.
I was getting tired too so I should better end this.
I moved fast blocking him with my left hand as i used the edge of my right to hit his neck with all the force I could muster.

He slumped down unconscious.

The soldiers standing around cheered lifting their weapons in the air.
*******
The General and I were silent in his office because he seemed to be deep in thought.

"What is your highness going to do about your voice"

"I have managed it so far"

"What about the 'yah' back in the field"he expressed,exaggerating it.

"I will work on it"

"I will leave you in the hands of the Commander, but you have to finish the royal guards training in a week"

"I will do my best"

"I mean to ask General a favour"

"Anything"he said his voice sounding a bit nervous to what I will possibly ask.

"Can you make my uniform oversized"

"We would have to do that"

"Thank you General" I said shifting to get up.

"One more thing your highness,what will be your name"
I looked to his side and smiled.

"Chae min(the truthful)"