Chapter eight(b)

Early, I got up from my bed and stretched, I moved to the window staring blankly when I heard a voice from behind the door.

"My Lady are you awake?"

"Yes, you may come in"
She walked in with a morning basin for washing up.

"Where is Doha?"

"She is out for an errand"

I walked to where she placed it and dipped my hands intending to wash my face but stopped midway.
I sniffed the water first to be sure there was no mistake, from my outings with Orabeoni I learnt of a colorless plant that could cause large rashes once it makes contact with your skin.
Since nothing was suspicious i went ahead to wash up and a thought naturally crossed my mind on how to perfect my plan of 'out of sight, out of mind'.
Since his Majesty would not likely disqualify me because of my father.
*******
I planned to go and see the General today so I waited till they were done with their court session, I stood in a quiet hall way at the outer palace and asked Doha to send for him.

The General's point of view(POV)

While i was directing the soldiers on how to use two swords if need be I was interrupted by one of my subordinates.
"General"he walked towards me and stopped a few paces away.
"The palace maid over there wishes to speak with you"

Who could want to speak with me, I have always tried my best to stay out of the inner court affairs.
I went ahead and climbed the podium.
"Greetings General"
"My lady, lady Shin asks for an audience"

"Lady Shin?"

"Yes, from yesterday"

"Who is she? I didn't get to ask"
She looked up with an expression that asks 'Do you live in the mountains?'
"She is the King's prospective Consort"

"Uhmm You may lead the way then"