Where flowers wither.

"Unni(sister), i don't think i can do it"

"We can't give up already so gather your strength, no matter what.."

"Your highness she is loosing too much blood"
Her eyes were closing slowly.

"Your highness" the midwife who was holding unto her upper body shook her.
"If she passes out now we might end up loosing both of them"

"Consort!"
I palmed her face.
"Yeon woo you are almost there, you have to do this"
"Don't you want to hold your baby in your arms, that child right now is dying"
But all she could muster was a low groan.
"Alright since we are all giving up, the midwives can leave"
"We can come back later and prepare for the baby's funeral"
Their eyes went wide.
"He wouldn't require much just a small grave and what else?"
Yeon woo's eyes snapped open with a frustrated scream, she held her strength rope pulling it.

"Yes your highness"
"You are almost there"
And not long from then you could hear the baby's piercing cry through out the room.

"It is a boy" one of them announced with a high pitched voice.

"Focus on saving her highness for now" i said.

"Forgive me your Majesty but the room is still not habitable..."i heard a maid explaining at the outside chamber.
I hurriedly closed her bed curtain knowing fully well he will still come in.

"Your Majesty"
"Forgive my rudeness but she wouldn't want your Majesty to see her in her state"

"Is she okay?"

"She will be"

"Your Majesty" she said, bravely sitting up.
"I should apologize for failing your Majesty"

"It is okay, just focus on getting back your health"

"Her highness's medicine is here"

"Your Majesty, allow me to escort you out"

"Alright"

"Unni"
"Thank you"she said.
And i nod in reply.

We met her mother,Queen dowager and royal mother right outside.
And her mother looks to be more nervous than we all were, i feel sorry that she couldn't come in because of the traditions.

The General's POV.
I saw her highness late evening practicing the bow and arrows at the field and she still hasn't left yet when it is already dark.
She is using a full sword now but it is relief she wasn't moving around much from her position.
The tip of my sword accidentally brushed one of the standing torches.
She turned swiftly and i hid behind the flames.
'I don't even know why i am hiding like this' i should go back to work. I think she too has her reason for avoiding me for such a long time.

Yoo hwa's POV.
I went to the field to practice so that i don't loose touch after some time and i also kept debating on whether to leave the palace tomorrow and whether i should visit the General.
From our few encounter all he had managed to say is 'oh Greetings' and from then he would keep his distance.
'Should i just leave him alone?'
I heard a little noise from behind me, i turned to see the General but it didn't look like he wants me to see him so i continued what i was doing.
He started walking back.
'Should i call him'
I do know that as time goes by it creates more distance, i am afraid of what might happen to our relationship.
'Should i pick a fight?'

"General" i called and he froze.
"General" i said going  over.
"How come i am just seeing you now?"
"You don't even care to check on me now?"
"What if i was sick?will you look for me only when i am not here for you to see?"

"Were you sick?"he asked calmly his back still to me.

"Is General intending to throw me away?"
He turned.

"How can you use such a word, i was just busy"he lied.

"I was just saying if you have any thoughts of throwing away our 100years relationship for heavens knows what is going in your mind, it is better to say it now, so that i make sure you die by my hands" i said raising my fist.

"Your highness"
Then he started chuckling.
"You know your hand isn't even as big as a rice ball, how will i die by it?"
I narrowed my eyes.

"Then i shall show you and i won't take it easy on me because of your possible wound"

"Worry about yourself"

I attacked first with my sword and he blocked with his sheathed sword. I thought he would unsheathe it after the first and second move but he didn't.
"What are you doing?"

"I don't even have to try so hard"
This is frustrating, he knows i can't jump or use my legs.

"Let's wait and see"
We continued.
"So will you drop the act?"

"I am sorry, i should have been checking on you"

"The truth is i even went home for two weeks"

He unsheathed his sword bringing it down to my neck at the end of our conversation.
'I see he wants to end it quickly because he doesn't want me to get tired, the merciful and graceful General'

"You have slacked off soldier"
"Don't tell me you even sleep and eat like normal people?"
He stood his sword to his side.
"Your arms are getting weak"
"Ten rounds of jogging across the field, fifty push ups and you have to lift some weight too, the sacks over there"he said with his command voice.
'Why is he saying this with a straight face, could it be he is really serious?'
"And don't forget to always sleep lightly"

"General the thing is.."

"Then will you slack off?"
The word slack always reminded me of an old dirty socks, so no way.

I stood at attention.
"10rounds, 50 push ups and weightlifting at your command"

"How inconsiderate of you, do you know how empty the field felt for Gu yong ha and your friends?"

"No, they are.."
Then i saw his eyes, they bored into mine with so much seriousness, waiting for me to make a mistake.

"I Chae min will report here every morning without second thoughts, at your command General"

The General's POV.

"General i have a report" one of my subordinates said at the door of my chamber.

"Come in"

"Chae min is with someone new and they have been behaving a bit..odd"

"Where?"

"The field"

I went to find Prince Chin mae in a casual clothing and they were holding a sack above their heads but it seems her highness was just using the tip of her fingers.

"I think i might die from the weight"
So i waited a bit from behind the sacks.

"Shhhtt! It's just one bag"

"Are you saying you use to carry this alone"

"Not this high but yes, i am a soldier after all"

"General!"
"Good morning" she said with an exaggerated grin.

"Greetings your highnesses"
"What exactly are you doing?"

"Oh i am training"
"We met on my way here and.."

"You are?"i queried.
And she quickly hid behind him.

He dropped the sack with a loud thud.
"General we should go and talk" he said.
"I don't understand how..how"
"Why are you being hard on your poor wife?"
"She is so small and.."

"Hard?I just asked her to come here often and enjoy the fresh air and view of the field"....'before i leave'....
She peeped from behind him looking confused probably wondering if i am the same person she talked to yesterday.

"In case if anything happens, look for me, this older brother will protect you"
'When did they get this close?
"Follow behind me" he said waving his hand backwards like i was going to eat her up.
'Hah! They do look a pair'

"General someone is looking for you so i directed her to your office"
'A female? Who could it be?'