♛Chapter 42♛

More art!
This was made by the wonderful @anime_fic_writer

More art!This was made by the wonderful @anime_fic_writer

╔════•| |•════╗

After Ootori left, Saiki went back to his customers, but they were far too distracted by the little boy with a brat personality, then pay attention to the thing they 'rented' for, Shiro, on what Saiki could tell my gathering data forcibly by his t...

After Ootori left, Saiki went back to his customers, but they were far too distracted by the little boy with a brat personality, then pay attention to the thing they 'rented' for, Shiro, on what Saiki could tell my gathering data forcibly by his telepathy, is that the kid was in love with some girl in his year, and she was going to leave.

Saiki wondered why someone in their right mind, would love for another person, it was things like this that brought emotional effort onto people, and Saiki didn't like that. Not the emotional part-- the effort part, he hated putting in effort into anything.

But Shiro took it one step forward, as he practically inspected what Suoh did, as he flirted with his customer, inches away from the girl's face.

"Don't you think it's weird that he's making the kid observe him up close like that?" Haruhi asked Ootori as they passed and paused behind Saiki, as she just finished with her customers. While Saiki was just bowing a thankful goodbye to the girls, who were unknowingly helping him pay off debt... or maybe they did know, but never brought it up. Or even thought about it.

Saiki stood next to Haruhi to listen into the conversation, as the flirtatious Ms. Watanabe finally left, after making Saiki uncomfortable after an hour and five minutes. "There is a theory that people look more beautiful, the closer they are viewed."

My camera says otherwise.

Ootori laughed and pushed up his glasses while directing his attention back to his notebook, turning away from Haruhi and standing at an angle closer to the pink-haired male who was dragged into this mess.

"Tamaki absolutely lives by that theory. Well, let's leave them alone." and Haruhi hummed in agreement with the raven-haired shadow king, and looked towards Saiki.

"Hey Senpai, that girl was making you uncomfortable... wasn't she?" Saiki looked towards Haruhi and nodded slightly, she was likely talking about the infamous Mei Watanabe.

"She did that with me too, you know." she held a pause for a moment, then thought again. "But never that close, that's a little strange."

Saiki could hear the scribblings from Ootori behind him getting a little louder, as his thoughts filled with forced equations of Haruhi's and his own debt, but Saiki didn't turn his back to face Ootori and whatever he was doing, but Saiki wondered what thoughts he was trying to keep down in there, in that shadowy mind of his.

Saiki predicted it was thoughts of love towards one of Saiki's customers, maybe even Ootori's ex-customer before Saiki was introduced to the club, Ootori seems to eye one every so often, Saiki could hear his thoughts slightly peering over when he didn't have customers (which was a lot more often, than the rest of the hosts in the host club).

"Kyoya-senpai--," Haruhi started lending a helping hand, to her senpai.

"Already writing it down," Ootori said helpfully, as he then snapped closed his book and smile fakely towards Haruhi and glanced at Saiki momentarily. "I shall speak to Ms. Watanabe before Saiki's meet with her tomorrow. Inappropriate behavior is always looked down upon in the host club." He said, ignoring the fact that Suoh's face was inches away from the customer's.

Sometimes you should just hear yourself.

"You look more like a carp that I found in the pond outside my house," Shiro spoke up, making Saiki snap his attention towards the little boy, he looked at the kid and then the girl who the message was directed to.

I better bring a jar to start bottling those tears. It's good skincare.

"I would never give out false compliments like that," he spoke truthfully as Suoh and the girl froze in shock and fear, and other wide variety of emotions that Saiki couldn't pinpoint other than they were flabbergasted.

Well, girls always love honest men.

The girl cried, but Suoh quickly went for a save on the girl's self-esteem before it could be unfixable, but the little Shiro said it with such honesty and in brute force, that if that was directed to Saiki, it would probably hurt a bit. Its a fact that the words of kids are the most truthful of them all, either young kids or drunk and slightly sane adults.

"Oh, no, m'lady. Don't listen to him, he's just a child you know." Suoh said kindly as the girl began to sob.

Do rich people have no tear ducts? She's just shaking her lip, and turning her head.

"I mean, children, you know they can't help but be honest." Suoh saved but then dropped, as he tried again for a rebound.

Saiki thought to be should have popped popcorn before coming into the club today, this event that was out turning might as well come out of a live-action drama film, starring Kento Yamazaki as the Japanese actor chosen. Saiki really liked Kento Yamazaki, sometimes he saw himself in that actor's eyes,* but that was beside the point.

"Wait, my dear, that's only his opinion and all, but I wouldn't say you look like a carp, not at all." Saiki though Suoh would for once save the save, but then he added: "And even supposing if you looked like a carp, you would be the most beautiful carp in the world."

That must have hurt.

"So I am a carp, after all!" the girl cried again, as she was heading on her heels to leave. Suoh tried to stop her but didn't do so well, as he tried and reach out to her. "No. You got it wrong, I didn't mean..."

"Tamaki, you idiot!" she cried and ran away, "I'm going to go to Saiki, then, goodbye!" she cried and began to run a less-than-acted sobbing mess.

"Wait, no, you don't want to be with that commoner. My mermaid princess!" he called out, as Saiki angrily looked at him, with a shadow taking its place above him.

"What the hell, is that supposed to mean?"

"Oh yes, oh yes, yes, yes! The shadow! The dark shadow! Come here, you are the face of dark magic!" another voice came in, it was obviously Nekozawa, but when the club looked his way, he eeped and shut the door behind him, quickly. He must've been scared of the club from last time.

"Man what a crybaby," Shiro said, blankly as he watched her leave.

Not going to disagree.

* Saiki K. Live-Action movie starred Kento Yamazaki