Chapter 42- Knight in Shining Armor

Colton's POV

I sipped my beer and looked around the building. Where's Riley? I erased any bad thoughts from my head. She is just going to the bathroom. Right? I tapped my fingers against the counter nervously.

I grabbed my phone and tried calling her. "Hey its Riley! Leave a message." I clenched my jaw and walked over to where the bathrooms were. I pushed open the girls bathroom door. "Riley?" I said urgently. No answer. "Fuck it." I muttered under my breath and pushed the door open and stepped in. Nobody was in here. Now I was pissed.

I stormed out of the bathroom and heard screaming coming from the other side of a door. I pulled the handle but it was locked. I pushed it harder but it wouldn't budge. So I did what I had to do. I kicked it in.

There, I saw my Riley, forced under a man. I was beyond pissed now. I stormed over and threw him off of her. "WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROMBLEM?" He chuckled and looked at Riley. "Just getting it in with my girl." I punched him in the jaw causing him to be stunned. I ran over to a crying Riley. Her dress was ripped and her makeup was smeared. I took my jacket off and put it around her shoulders. I picked her up bridal style and carried her out of the building.

I quickly texted Victoria.

Leaving, will explain tomorrow

I called a cab and looked down at my Riley. "Riley, baby, your alright. I got you." She opened her eyes and looked up at me. She placed her hand on my cheek and just looked up at me. "I thought he was going to take me from you." I leaned down and kissed the corner of her mouth. "No one is ever going to take you away from me." I whispered against her mouth. She nuzzled her head into my chest and silently cried. I hugged her into my chest more and just cradled her until our cab arrived.

When it arrived I ducked in and scooted into the middle so I could continue to hold her. "Where to?" The cab driver asked and I gave him the address to the apartments and looked down at Riley. She was staring off into space. I gently caressed her cheek and she flinched. I frowned.

"Baby its just me." I whispered and she grabbed my hand and brought it to her mouth. She rested her lips against knuckles and just left them there. I felt her breath fanning against the top of my hand and I leaned down and kissed her forehead. "You can sleep princess." She closed her eyes and slowly started to drift away.

I pushed open our front door and stepped inside. I closed and locked it behind us. Stupid fucking prick,  wanting to get with my girl. I walked upstairs, taking them by twos.

When we reached the room, I removed the stupid dress and trashed it. I unhooked her bra before slipping one of my shirts over her head. I tucked her into bed on her side and kissed her forehead.

I need to get that make up off of her face. I quickly grabbed a baby wipe and gently brushed the makeup off of her face. That's better. There's the girl I fell in love with. She shuffled around and laid on her side, looking at me. "I thought that he was g-going..." I put my finger over her lips. "Shh princess. It's alright, I'm here now and your safe." I whispered.

Tears began running down her face again and I quickly changed out of my clothes before pulling on basketball shorts and climbing into bed with her. "Sleep." I kissed her temple and cradled her in my arms. She pressed her lips against my bare chest and then rested her head on me.

When she was finally sleeping, I shifted out of her arms carefully. I kissed her forehead softly and headed down stairs. When I got down stairs I plopped down on the couch and ran my hands through my hair.

Some filthy animal had his hands on my Riley. And I wasn't there to fully stop him, if I was just a second longer then he would've...he would've raped her.

I shook my head and heard a soft knock on the door. I pulled on a shirt and opened the door. It was him. The guy who put his hands on Riley. "What the Fuck do you want?!" I said sternly but calm. "I came to apologize, it's just that she looked so yummy in that dress and you being a guy, you know how excited we can-" I punched him in the face hard. "Don't you EVER talking about my girl like that!"

He held his nose and turned red. "If you want to fucking go let's take this outside." He sung after he said that but I dodged his fist and ran outside. I heard his heavy breath and footsteps after me. When we got outside he tackled me to the floor and pinned me down. I kneed him where it hurts and pushed us over so I was over him. I continously punched him and I heard more rapid footsteps.

I was pushed off the guy and I looked up and saw an officer. Shit. I stood up held my hands up. That's when I felt a serious stinging pain in my side. I fell to the floor and shook rapidly. He fucking tazard me. I saw a girl talking to the cop and crying. Riley.

After twenty minutes she ran over to me and took my head in her hands. "Colton, there going to take you to jail for one night." I grabbed her hand and held it. "I told them what happened. And Colton, what you have just done was incredibly stupid. I have to let them take you now." She leaned down and kissed my lips. "I love you." She whispered then ran into the building.

The cop stood me up and put me in hand cuffs. He began talking but I just zoned him out. I just kept hearing her soft voice in my head.

"And Colton, what you have just done was incredibly stupid." I did it to protect her. Does she not care? Fuck! I was her knight in Shining Armor. I did it for her, then she goes and tell me what I did was stupid? I am going to stay the night in jail because of her. Because I protected her.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the window. Who am I kidding? He was coming to apologize and I punched him. I am fucking stupid. Now I'm staying the night in jail.

It's going to be one hell of a long fucking night.