Chapter 3- The little boy

Riley's POV

After we went swimming I changed back into my clothes and Shane, Victoria, Colton and I are now playing games and watching movies in his living room. I looked over at Victoria and Shane. Shane had Victoria in his arms and they were cuddling and holding hands. It made me sad because I'm a senior and I have never had a boyfriend and Claire is always on my case about it. I pulled my knees up to my chest as the air conditioning kicked on. Colton whispered in my ear. "You can go get the blanket off of my bed from my room." He was so close that I felt his breath fan the side of my face and his lips lightly brushed against my ear .

I nodded and headed towards the stairs.The floor made my feet cold so I jogged up the stairs on my tippy toes. When I got in his room I saw that his phone was laying on his bed. I smirked and stuffed in my pocket. He isn't getting off that easily for reading my diary. I grabbed the blanket and wrapped it around my body. It smelt like him. His lemony fresh scent. I looked at the picture and examined it.

"He is my little brother. His name is Corrie. I miss him like crazy." Colton's eyes got dark and he walked over and stood next to me. I felt like hugging him. "It was about two years ago. He would have been seven now. Him and I were walking home from the arcade and we were messing around and I turned my back for about a minute and he had run across the street. Right when I turned around." He choked up and I could tell he wanted to cry. His jaw was clenched his eyes were red and watery and he looked at me. "I watched my brother get hit by a drunk driver. All because I turned my back."

He began sobbing and I closed the door and sat next to him. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around him and hugged him. His body heat warmed me up. His skin was soft and his arms were welcoming. He pulled me closer and I snuggled my head into his bare chest. "Colton it wasn't your fault. There isn't anything you could have done. You just have to remember the happy times alright?" He nodded and Shane walked in the room with Victoria. "We are going to go guys. We will see you tomorrow at school." I waved at them and Colton and I walked downstairs.

"As much as I would love for you to stay here princess, we have school tomorrow. And thank you for listening." I smiled at him slightly and hugged him. "I will see you tomorrow. And does this mean I'm a level five friend now?" He smiled and shook his head. "Sure princess." He winked at me and I headed back to my house.

When I opened my door my dad was sitting on the couch doing his work. "Hi daddy." He looked up and smiled when he saw me. "Hey sweetie, Lou is upstairs in her room if you want to play with her." I plopped down on the couch next to him and sighed. "I actually wanted to talk to you about something." He set his pen down and looked at me. "What's up?"

"I miss you daddy. I don't get to see you a lot." It's true I do miss him. Lou and I don't get to see him a whole bunch because he is always working. "Well I have some news. First off I got a big raise so you don't have to work any more. And I only have to work part time so I can see you and Lou more." I hugged him and he chuckled.

"So who is that neighbor boy that you have been hanging out with lately?" I smiled and looked at my dad. "He is Colton. He is my best friend dad." My dad smirked at me. "You like him don't you?" I shook my head. "No no no. I do NOT like him. He is just my friend. Plus he would never like a girl like me."

"I'm pretty sure he would die to have you as his. You should go get some sleep. Goodnight doll." I hugged my dad and sighed. "Night daddy." As I was walking upstairs I remembered I had his phone and I only went through a couple of pictures. And wipe that look off your face, he read my whole diary. I found a picture of him hugging a unicorn and I smirked.

I posted the picture on Instagram with the caption "I love my unicorns and rainbows." I chuckled and looked out my window. Colton was waiting patiently outside my window. "Really princess? That was the best revenge you could think of? Stealing my phone? You have a lot to learn." He didn't know I posted the picture.

"Oh shit you caught me Colton. Just give me back my diary and we will call it a truce." He handed me my diary and I handed him his phone and smirked. "Goodnight night Colton." He stuck his tongue out at me before going back to his room.

I looked to see if he ripped anything out but everything was there. I smiled and took a quick shower. Boy, he is going to kill me tomorrow. Okay maybe I like him a little but it's nothing big. It's like a middle school crush. Nothing big. But Shh we can't tell him.