Chapter 14- Camping and Confusions

Colton's POV

"What do you mean you didn't call me this morning? It was your voice on the phone." I shook my head frantically. I haven't even talked to Victoria. "No, I lost my phone last night." Victoria glared at me and Shane started up the car. "Colton how dare you break my best friends heart, I can't believe you would tell her you love her then tell them same thing to Claire." I looked at her confused and she rolled her eyes and held her phone up to my face. It was the picture of Claire kissing me. I ran a hand through my hair.

"Victoria I didn't cheat I swear to god. Claire came over to my house and barged into my room and boom kissed me and fucking Tiffany took a picture before I could push her off of me. Then I decided I was going to tell Riley in person and she had texted me that she was staying at your house and then I went down for dinner and when I came back up my fucking phone was gone and I don't know who called you or how the got my voice to be on the phone but I didn't do anything wrong. I pushed Claire off of me." Victoria rubbed her temples and closed her eyes.

"So let me get this straight, Claire came over, kissed you, Tiffany took the picture, you went to dinner, then your phone was gone, the picture was poster later that night, and you supposedly called me this morning...but it wasn't really you?" I nodded and she looked at me like I was some sort of dumb ass psycho. "I swear to you Victoria, I put that on my life that I didn't cheat. I will always love Riley. No one else. I just want Riley." Shane looked back at me and shook his head. "Well maybe if you wouldn't have let Claire in your house in the first place none of this bat shit crazy stuff would be happening."

"I didn't even let her in, my mom and pops did. And ugh I need to go back to Riley now!" Shane looked back at me and shook his head. "Bro, I really am sorry, but we are four hours away from home and I didn't waist my time to not camp. We are fucking camping." I sighed and nodded. "We will be going back the day before Christmas right?" Shane nodded and looked back at the road. "Man as soon as we get back you better fix this shit because Riley isn't the one to forgive easily." I nodded and leaned back, closing my eyes. I can't fucking lose her.

"Victoria can I use your phone to text her?" She turned around and handed me her phone. "Don't bug her, just ask how she is feeling." I nodded and texted her.

Colton: How are you feeling?

Riley: I miss him and I hate it.

Colton: He really misses you to.

Riley: I found his phone on my counter and then Claire came over. She kept telling me that I wasn't worth his time and that he never loved me. She called me pill popper and a slut. And I just wish he was back here with me but I can't forgive him.

Colton: Riley, princess, baby, I love you so damn much.

Riley: FUCK OFF COLTON!

I sighed and handed Victoria her phone back and she quickly snatched it away and glared at me. "You were only supposed to ask her how she is feeling and that's it." I shrugged and put my head phones in waiting to arrive at the camping spot.

"No it's supposed to go like this." I listened to Victoria and Shane argue on how the tents were supposed to go. I rolled my eyes and since j already had my tent up I went in my tent and zipped up the zipper before placing my headphones back in. All that was on my mind was Riley. Her smile, her laugh, her beautiful eyes, her spunky bold personality, I just miss her.

Shane came into my tent and punched my arm. "Get your lazy ass up. We want to get a fire going." I looked at him and huffed. "What do you need me for?" He rolled his eyes and glared at me. "You were more fun when Riley is around." I nodded and sat up. "Yeah because I love Riley and I want her to have fun, and trust me if Riley and I were still together and I knew she was still mine but just at home sick then I would be having fun. But unfortunately she thinks I cheated on her with Claire."

Shane patted my back and nodded. "I'm sorry man. Just come out here and have a couple of beers with us." I sighed and walked out to the fire. God, fucking Claire, this is all her damn fault. This is what she wanted to. Great now she is going to spend Christmas with. Ugh, three words for yah. Stupid. Fucking. Claire.

I plopped down in a chair and Victoria handed me a beer and I took a big gulp. "Now don't get wasted pretty boy." Victoria said and I turned my head quickly towards her. "Don't call me that, please." Riley is the only one that can call me that. I just want her in my arms, right here right now.

Riley's POV

(The day before Christmas: Christmas Eve)

"Claire can you please just leave!" I said and began walking upstairs but she kept following me. "No Riley. Don't be mad at me because he loves me. But I do understand why you are sad and lonely. It's because I'm better than you and that's why you have always hated me." I rolled my eyes and glared at her. "Claire I don't give a shit if you look better than me. Sure Colton is most likely with you now he made me a stronger better person. And I don't hate you Claire, I don't hate anyone, but I do not under any circumstances like you in anyway possible. Since we started high school you have bullied me and made my life beyond fucking miserable. It's senior year and we graduate in four months for god sake, it's time to grow up."

She stared at me shocked and I was tempted to smack that damn look on her face. "Now will you please get out of my damn house!" I lead her to the door and she smirked at me. "He never loved you, stupid bitch, pill popper." I fought back the tears and slammed the door in her face. I ran upstairs and laid on my bed before curling in a ball. Why? Why did he have to tell me all those lies? Why did he make me believe? God I am such an idiot.

I wiped the tears off of my eyes and pulled out his Christmas present. I had gotten him a custom guitar that has a little note on the back. "Colton, I love you so much. Your my knight in shining armor. Love your princess." I ran my fingers lightly over the engraving and sighed.

I set the guitar back in its case and tucked it away in my closet. I laid down on my bed and closed my eyes. I I cuddled into my big blanket wishing that it was Colton. I felt the tears run down my face. For the first time in this week that we haven't been together because of Claire, I realized truly how much I need him. He is practically my everything. He is Colton, but he is my Colton. No he was my Colton.

I pulled out my drawing notebook and I looked at the picture I drew of Colton. It looked exactly like him. I smiled at it and flipped to a new page to draw. I grabbed one of the photos I had taken and began to draw. It was one of Lou and Colton. I began doing the outline. I didn't realize that I had been working on the same picture for three hours.

I held it out in front of me and smiled slightly. I closed my drawing book, laid down, then pulled out my phone. I haven't read all the texts that Colton had sent me but tonight I will. It was only ten at night. I flicked on some Christmas music to help cheer me up while I'm reading the texts.

Colton : Baby girl?

Colton: Please love answer me.

Colton: I didn't cheat on you.

Colton: Let me explain when I get back.

Colton: Riley just know I won't ever stop loving you.

I held back the tears. I quickly ran downstairs and grabbed his phone. When I got to his house I hoped that his mom or dad would open. I knocked waiting. "Hey Riley what can I do for you?" Cliff asked. I handed him Colton's phone. "He left this over at my house." He smiled and took the phone. "I will go give it to him now. Goodbye Riley. Merry Christmas."I waved and smiled at him before running back to my house.

I got in my room and I saw that my blinds were open, so we're Colton's. He was looking down at his phone with tears streaming down his face. I did that to him. I made him cry. I felt my tears start to come and he looked over at me and just stared at me for a second. I walked backwards to my bed and laid down not knowing what to do. I cried.

My Christmas music shut off and the room was silent. I looked up and saw Colton looking as good as ever. He wasn't wearing a shirt and his sweat pants hung low on his waist. His hair was all messy, looked like he was running his hands through it. He stared at me and I wiped the tears off of my eyes. He came over and sat on my bed. He wasn't very far from me. I wanted to hug him, and kiss the life out of him but I know I can't. He looked at me and slowly started to lean.

I pressed my....