Chapter 33- Why?

Maryanns POV

Colton pulled Riley out of the kitchen and I looked at Vivian. "Thank god she is gone. Now I need you to take Corrie and Lou to where Lexi lives. Colton will go after the two and then that's when we will break the two up." I felt like crying. Riley and Colton were such a good couple. I mean I know I am Colton's stepmom and all but I still care about him. "Vivian I don't think I can do this. You promised you wouldn't tell my secret and now your black mailing me with it."

Lexi came out from behind her. "Maryann we used to have so much fun back in Washington but then you guys moved." I glared at her. "You cheated on him! He is actually in love with Riley. She is caring his baby." Vivian let out a frustrated sigh. "If you won't take the kids Lexi will."

Vivian went upstairs and grabbed the kids. I tired to stop them but they kept pushing me away. "Please not my son!" I heard Lexi drive off and I ran to look for Cliff. Vivian called Colton and I heard his panicked voice on the other line. "Its Maryann Colton, she took the kids. She is going back to Washington with Lexi."

I broke down right then and there. What have I done? I ruined the poor kids life.

I outside and next door to Riley's house. I pushed open the door and ran over to Riley. "Maryann took Corrie and Lou." I looked at them. "No I didn't! Vivian and Lexi took them. I'm so sorry Riley. They are going back to Washington." Riley glared at me. "This is all your fault." She ran after Colton.

It's all my fault all because I didn't want them to find out that I was having several affairs.

Riley's POV

"Riley just stay here alright. I will be back soon. I love you." He kissed my lips for a moment before running to a car to try and find them. I ran back in the house and looked at Maryann. "You are a bitch. You are the cause of all of this. Get out of my house." I began crying. Stupid hormones. My mom, dad, grandma, and grandpa left after saying goodbye.

Now it was just Shane, Jake, and I. Shane pulled me in his arms. "Hey its going to be okay he is going to get them back." I took a deep breath and looked up at my brothers. "I will be fine, you guys can leave if you want." They both gave me a stern look. "We aren't leaving you." I nodded and sat down on my couch and fell asleep.

I woke up at midnight and my brothers were still here watching a movie. I stretched and stood up. "Hey Colton wants you to call him." I grabbed my phone and called him.

"Hi princess." He sounded tired. "Hi. How's everything?" I wanted to be with him. "Well I'm in Washington. I'm at a hotel for the night. Its weird with you not in my arms love." I felt my lips curve up. "Well it isn't the best sleeping alone." I heard him chuckle. "I am going to try to get some sleep and you should to. I love you." I closed my eyes. "I love you to." I hung up and looked over at Shane and Jake. "You guys go to sleep."

"Not a chance smalls." I grabbed them blankets and pillows. "Goodnight guys. See you in the morning." As I was walking up the stairs I felt a horrible sharp pain in my stomach. I winced in pain and crouched down on the stairs crying. It began to hurt extremely bad. "S-shane J-jake!" I yelled. I felt bad disturbing them but I really needed them. They both came running.

"M-my stomach it feels like someone is s-stabbing me." Jake picked me up and Shane ran out to the car and they rushed me to the hospital. "I have only been preganant for three months, there is no way I could be giving birth or having contractions." Jake rubbed my back. "You have to call Colton when we get there." I sighed. "He is already worrying about-"

"Riley you have to tell him. He is the father of your child." I nodded and wiped my tears away. "Your right I'm sorry." He gave me a soft smile.

As we walked into the hospital the pains got worse. I laid down on the hospital bed and thought about what could be wrong. The doctor came in and walked over to me. "Riley Richards?" I nodded. "So why are you here today?" I explained to him the pains in my stomach and everything and he had a worried look on his face. "I am going to do an ultrasound."

I felt the familiar coldness of the blue gel on my stomach. The only thing that was different was that Colton wasn't here to hold my hand. I closed my eyes and waited till the doctor was done. "I uh, I can't find the heart beat. I'm sorry." That means I lost my baby. No mine and Colton's baby. "What do I do?" I whispered and buried my face in my hands.

"Well we could do a surgery to get him out." I looked at the doctor with my eyebrows up. "It was a boy?" He nodded. "Can we just get the surgery done and over with." I asked in between sobs. Colton was so happy when I told him and now our son was gone and we didn't even meet him.

-2 days After Surgery-

I opened my eyes and I was back in the hospital room with my brothers watching the TV, deprived of sleep. "Can I have my phone please?" Jake handed it to me and it was four thirty in the morning. "You should call him." Shane mumbled. "I will when you both go to sleep." I whispered.

When they were finally asleep I picked up my phone and called Colton. After seven rings he picked up. "Princess! I got the kids! I have them!" I smiled and imagined them passes out in the backseat. "Colton that's great." I could hear all of the stress leave his voice. "So is something wrong love? You should be sleeping."

"Colton we l-lost the baby." He was silent on the phone. "I will talk to you when I get back. Love you." He didn't even give me time to respond, he just hung up. I silently cried not wanting to wake my brothers. I will never forget my son. He will always be there. I just dreaded saying those words to my family and friends. I lost the baby.

I didn't want to tell my family but I would have to eventually. I thought everything was going good. It was but then it wasn't. I closed my eyes and tried to forget about everything just for tonight.

When I had woken up Jake was filling out my discharge papers and Shane was still peacefully sleeping. "Can I leave now Jake?" He nodded and kissed my head. "Your going to stay at mom and dads for a little bit." I can't believe I lost the baby. Its Claire's fault. She is the one who hit me in the stomach. Or maybe I was just stressed. Either way this situation sucks.

I quickly changed out of the hospital gown and into normal clothes. I looked in the mirror and sighed. My hair was in some crazy messy bun, I had bags under my eyes and my cheeks were red and slightly puffy from crying. I put some cold water on my face and patted it with a towel. When I stepped outside Colton was sitting in a chair with his hands tangled in his hair. Jake and Shane were no where to be seen.

I walked over to him and took his hands in mine. "Colton I'm sorry." He looked as bad as I did. He closed his eyes and a tear fell. I wiped it with my thumb and talked to him. "It was a boy, like we wanted. Hey look at me." He looked up. "Baby we will get through this as a team I promise." He leaned his head in my neck and left light kisses. "We are using protection more often until we are married." He said seriously. "I don't want to lose anyone else." I wonder how he lost his mom because Maryann isn't his real mom.

"Colton how did you lose your mom?" He hugged my waist and pulled me close to him. "That is for another night. Tonight we should name our baby boy." I nodded. "I already have one and you already have one so on the count of three say it."

"One."

"Two."

"Three."

"Noah." "Noah." We had both said at the same time. "Little Noah will forever be in our hearts. I hope you hear that kiddo. Because daddy loves you and so does your mommy. We will miss you very much." He whispered. Why did we have to lose Noah? Why?