Chapter 22- Hi Mom and Dad

Riley's POV

I was meeting them tomorrow. Tomorrow. I laid down on my bed messing with my camera. Colton and Shane were gone all week, and Victoria had to go to her parents family reunion. Then Lou was at her little friends house. So I was just stuck with my thoughts. I changed into some comfy shorts and a hoodie then tried to take a nap.

When I finally began dozing off the damn doorbell rang. I got up and sighed. When I opened it, it was Jake and a girl. "Hey little sis." He pulled me into a hug and I hugged him tightly. "Hi Jake. Who is this?" I smiled softly as the girl stepped in.

"This is our cousin Winnie." I smiled and shook her hand. "I'm Riley." She stared at me for a minute before lightly laughing. I raised my eyebrows in confusion. "Oh, well the way Jake described you, he made you seem like a creepy character out of on of my video games." She had a ginormous smile on her face. I glared at Jake and flicked his forehead. "Well I look like you, so that was an insult to yourself to."

Winnie walked over and tripped over the leg of the couch. She popped her head up and smiled sheepishly. "I Uh, ha ha. Yeah I totally just did that. Didn't I?" I began laughing so hard that I couldn't breath and I was holding my sides. Along with Jake who was rolling on the floor laughing. Winnie got up and squinted her eyes at both of eyes. "Fine forget you both. Now leave me to my video games." She set up a game and began playing.

"What game are you playing?" I asked her and she just ignored me. I poked her shoulder. "Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey, Win. Win. Win. Win. Winnie. Winnie. WINNIE!" She knows the silent treatment well. I like her. Jake came over to me and pushed me over. "Where's your boy toy?" He asked and I smiled. "With our brother." Gosh that's so weird to say. I'm used to saying my sister. "How are you holding up? I know this is a lot for you to take in."

"Well it's obviously hard you know. Even though they were my adopted parents, I still loved them both. So it's hard to let go. And poor Lou. She is moving to England with Cliff and Maryann, then Victoria, Shane, Colton, and I are moving to California soon and it's just over whelming." Jake sighed and pulled me into his side. "I know, but I'm sure mom and dad will love you. Also I might be moving to California to." I squealed and hugged him. "Yay!"

Winnie turned around. "Hey keep your mouths shut when your talking to each other. I'm trying to focus you butt heads." She stuck her tongue out at us before going back to her game. I chuckled at my cousin and I heard the front door open. It was my boyfriend.

I got up and ran over to him. He smiled and picked me up. "Oh my god, you guys haven't seen each other in week." Jake said and rolled his eyes. I flipped him off and Winnie laughed and walked over to Shane and hugged him. Colton kissed my lips softly and i snuggled my head into his neck. "Get a room." Winnie yelled at us and Colton and I walked over to her. "Who is this?" Colton asked.

"Jake, Shane, and my cousin." They shook hands and Colton yawned. "Well I'm tired so. Goodnight all of you fucking crazy people. Night princess. Nice meeting you Winnie." He kissed my nose and walked walked up to my room. I frowned and hugged Shane. "Did you guys have fun?" Shane nodded and scratched the back of his neck. "He may have gotten wasted like twice."

I hugged everyone bye and walked up to my room. When I opened my door Colton was laying on my bed, watching tv. He was laying on his stomach. I walked over to him and kissed his forehead before stripping of my hoodie and cuddling next to him falling asleep.

When I woke up in the morning I was trapped in Colton's arms. I turned to face him and I smiled. I brushed my knuckles lightly against my cheek, admiring how lucky I was to have him. Before I met him, I thought that I would never be loved or anything involving a relationship. He took care of me, loves me, and I don't do anything for him. I have been to caught up in myself and it wasn't fair to him. "Riley, I love you so damn much and it hurts me to see you like this because I can't do anything."

"Babe, no, your doing everything right. I'm the one that isn't there for you like I should be and I hate it. Just know that if you ever need someone to talk to I'm always here love. I need to stop being so self-centered." He brushed a piece of hair out of my face.

"Princess..."

"No don't say I'm there for you, because I'm not. I haven't been the best to you."

"Shut up for one minute princess." He lightly chuckled. I sighed lightly and kept my mouth shut. "There isn't anything that I need help with right now. And honestly, you just being here is enough for me. You see, its this thing called love, and I love you so if I need you in a troubling time, then you will know. Now let's get up and shower, your idiotic brothers will be here soon."

I smiled and nodded. Once I finished I pulled on some skinny jeans and a purple tank top. I pulled my hair into a ponytail then headed downstairs to meet Colton, Shane, and Jake. "You ready?" Jake asked me and I sighed then pressed my lips together before nodding. "I sure hope so." We walked out to Jakes car and the whole time I was messing with my charm bracelet. Colton looked at me and gave me a reassuring smile. "You'll be okay." I nodded and leaned on his shoulder.

We pulled up to the house. I wiped my sweaty palms against my jeans. "Let's go." We walked up to the front door and Shane unlocked the door and kissed my forehead before he walked inside. I stepped in behind Jake and Shane along with Colton. We walked into the kitchen where I found my parents. I look exactly like my mother, the long hair, the eyes, the facial structure.

"Hi, I'm Riley. I'm your daughter." My mother got up and hugged me. "I never thought I would see you all grown up." She had tears in her eyes. "My name is Laura, and this is your father Marcus." My dad hugged me. "I can't believe it's really you."

We walked out to the living room and I continued to play with my charm bracelet. "I remember our last couple of days with you. Jake was maybe three or so. He was holding you in his lap not wanting to let go of you. Boy was it the hardest to let go of you. But I'm glad you were with a family you loved."

I smiled slightly. We sat there silently for about five minutes. "I'm sorry I don't know what to say." My mom rubbed my back. "Its alright, I know this is extremely tough on you. If you need to we can let you be to think things through sweetie."

I shook my head. "So did anyone tell Lou about this? I mean I can't just leave her hanging." Colton squeezed my hand and I felt tears in my eyes. "She thinks that you don't like her, she said she doesn't want to see you." My dad said slowly. "I need a minute." I let go of Colton's hand and ran out front. It was hard to breath. My chest felt like it was on fire. I clawed at my chest. My breaths became shallow. I was getting dizzy. I sat down and ran my hands through my hair. No! Not Lou! I did the first thing that popped into my head. I ran and ran.

When I stopped I sat under a tree and cried. I heard one voice that mattered the most. "Princess..." He was out of breath as well. "Colton I-" He cut me off by pulling me into a hug. "Don't fucking scare me like that." He said and I wrapped my arms around him. "Riley we need to go back." I nodded and we walked back.

"I am sorry for running out like that. I am just in a difficult place right now and I hope we can meet up a different day when I'm okay." My mom and dad hugged me. "Take the time you need. Goodbye sweetie."

I climbed into the car with the boys and we headed to my house. "We should go to a party. We need to loosen up and have a little fun." I looked at Colton and I gave him a small smile letting him know I want to go. "We are in." I cuddled into Colton and waited till we got to my house. When we got to my house I quickly got inside and plopped down on my couch.

"Princess, Scoot over." I moved over so he could lay on the couch with me.

"Colton I'm sorry again."

he tilted my chin up and lightly kissed my lips. "Shut up love." He said with a chuckle at the end. I smiled at him and he nibbled at my ear. "Colton...stop. I want to actually go out to the party tonight." He chuckled and pecked my lips quickly. "Fine be that way." He smirked before muttering under his breath. "God knows I might never let you leave the bed." I shook my head at him and pushed him off the couch. "Your a perv but I love you anyway."