Chapter 32- New Family

Riley's POV

I opened my eyes and saw the sun peeking through Colton's blinds. Today was the day when we have a big family dinner so I can meet my biological mothers side of the family. I looked over at Colton who was watching his tv. "Well good morning sleeping beauty." He smirked and kissed my forehead. "Hi." I yawned and walked into the bathroom.

"Hey princess, I will be downstairs." I nodded lazily and redid my messy bun. I walked downstairs and the house was already busy. Maryann was making breakfast, Corrie and Lou were playing tag, Cliff was hooking up something on the TV, and Colton was helping set up the table in the kitchen. I smiled at all of them and walked into the kitchen.

"Hey hun. How are you feeling?" I shrugged. "So far so good. My next check up is in like three or four weeks so yeah." I looked over at Colton who was shirtless and I smirked. I walked behind him and squeezed his waist with my arms. "Hey princess." He turned and faced me. He pecked my lips softly and I heard Maryann go "Aww." I pulled away and laughed at her.

"You guys are too cute." I leaned my head on Coltons chest and sighed. "So I heard you guys are moving to Europe?" Maryann took a deep breath. "Um yeah. Did he tell you about how Lou and Corrie are moving with us." I gave her a sad smile and nodded. "Yup."

"Colton can I talk to you for a minute." I walked out of the kitchen and over to Lou. "I'm going to talk like this from now on." She said in a British accent and I laughed. She ran upstairs along with Corrie. "No! Its my life! You can't just up and say I'm going with you."

"Colton, Corrie needs you. I love Riley and all but I need you to move with us. Riley will understand." I sat down on the couch and continued to listen.

"Mom you don't understand. You told me moving here would be great. And you were right. But I cant just give up my future to move for my little brother. For goodness sake. Riley is my future. She is carrying my baby. She is my fucking everything." I heard him yell. I went to walk up to his room but someone grabbed my arm. I turned and saw Cliff. "Hun I think you should go." I looked at him and shook my head. "If Colton needs me I will be in his room." He looked at me and nodded. "I'm sorry you have to hear this." I shrugged and ran up to his room.

I laid down on his bed and I heard his door open. There stood a crying Colton. I stood up and hugged him. "Riley please." I looked at him confused. "What?" I asked him and touched his cheek. "Run away with me. Just me you and the baby."

"Colton we can't. We have to finish school and graduate and go to college and California. Why don't you just come lay with me and cool off." He shook his head. "I don't want to be in this fucking house." I went up to him and held his face in my hands. I leaned my forehead against his and looked him straight in the eye. "Listen to me. We can go somewhere else but I need you to calm down."

"I have been calm for to damn long princess. This has been going on for years. Me and her arguing. Its been to long." More tears started falling so I threw him a shirt and some shoes while I got my shoes on. I grabbed his hand and pulled him downstairs. Thats when I had heard Maryann say something I never thought she would say. "I can't believe he is running around with that little slut Vivian." I looked at an angry face but I kissed his lips softly. "I got this one."

I walked into the kitchen where they were seated. "You know you have a lot of fucking nerve calling me a slut. I have only been with one guy and its your son. Yes he got me pregnant but so fucking what? I'm eighteen he is almost nineteen so shut the fuck up."

She glared at me. "So Colton didn't tell you everything did he?" Colton grabbed my arm and pulled me out of there. "We are leaving." I looked back at his mother confused. What did she mean? Colton pulled me to his car and he sped down the road. "What the hell is going on Colton." He looked at me quickly. "Goddamit Riley she is my fucking stepmother." I sucked in a breath.

I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. "Why didn't you tell me?" He looked over at me another time. "Its not always fucking about you Riley! Maybe I was embarresed or I just didn't want to talk about it. But its not like you bother to check in on my problems."

"Are you serious? I have asked you before if there was anything wrong; you tell me no or its okay. And its not like I want it to be all about me. Obviously I'm a self centered now." I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I felt the car come to a stop. "Riley I-" I shook my head. "Just stop Colton , I try to help you and you don't want it but I tell you every detail when I don't feel alright." He opened his mouth to speak but quickly closed it. My stomach started hurting again.

He pulled up to a hotel and I quickly got out and checked in and quickly grabbed the room key. I rushed upstairs and opened the door. What the hell is wrong with me? I try to help him but he doesn't want help. I laid down on the bed with my back facing the door. I closed my eyes when I heard the door open. The bed dipped down and I felt his presence. He kissed my cheek lightly. "I do love you Riley." He whispered but I just laid there; quiet and still.

I woke up in the middle of the night and turned to cuddle with Colton but he wasn't there. I looked at the time on my phone and it was 2:17. I redid my bun and wrapped a blanket around myself. When I stepped out of the room I looked down the hall. I saw him sitting against the wall drinking a beer. I walked over to him and kneeled down in front of him.

"How much have you had to drink babe?" He looked at me. "I have only had two I promise." He wasn't slurring or acting like a drunk so I took his word for it. "Go back to sleep Riley." I held my hand out to help him. "Now you fucking want me?!" That hurt. I pulled my hand back and sat down next to him. "If I didn't want you I wouldn't be here right now." I whispered.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and he pulled me into his lap. He made me look up at him and he smiled lightly before placing his lips on mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he pulled away. "Sleep princess." I threw the blanket over us both and fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up in the bed cuddling with Colton. His breathing was even and he looked peaceful. Shit we were supposed to meet my family last night. I grabbed my phone and called Jake.

"Where the hell were you?" Jake said and I sighed.

"A bunch of stuff happened and Colton had me leave with him. We are at a hotel. I feel bad trust me. I will make it up and we can have dinner tonight. I promise."

Jake was quiet for a second. "Alright I love you sis." I smiled. "Love you to Jake." I hung up the phone and laid back down on Colton's chest. "Princess..." I looked up at him and pecked his lips. "We ditched the dinner last night." His eyes opened wide. "Shit I'm sorry." I shrugged. "We should go. And by the way will you tell your dad I'm sorry." He looked at me with worry in his eyes.

"Your not coming back to my place with me are you?" I shook my head and closed my eyes. "I just don't want to be there." He nodded and we head out.

- Dinner time -

I looked in the mirror. I was wearing a light purple beach dress that showed my baby bump. I pulled my hair up and pulled on some flats. When I walked downstairs I saw my brothers, my parents, and Colton. "They here yet." My mom smiled. "There in the living room." I grabbed Colton's hand and pulled him into the living room with me. There was an old couple sitting on the couch. "Hi I'm your granddaughter Riley." My grandpa stood up and hugged me. "Your so pretty. I'm Carl. But you can call me grandpa."

My grandma stood up and when she saw me we both gasped and so did Colton. It was the little old lady that helped us in the ice cream parlor on Christmas. "I didn't know you were my granddaughter! And I see you still have that handsome boyfriend of yours." I laughed and looked over at him. He smiled and hugged my grandma. Then shook my grandpas hand. "You take good care of her and your child you hear." Colton smiled and nodded. "I will."

I smiled at them and we took a family picture before we started dinner. Dinner was normal. We didn't talk about anything sad or personal quite yet. We told stories about funny moments and were just being a family. "Riley I have to go like right now. You stay with your family." Colton said with a worried look on his face.

"What's wrong?" He frowned. I "Maryann took Corrie and Lou."