Chapter 17- Things Happen

Riley's POV

I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't. I tried to move my hand, I couldn't. I tried to do everything but I couldn't. I heard a door open then footsteps. "Hey Riley, its Shane. I just wanted to let you know that we all miss you and love you. You have been out for about four days now and we miss your crazy ass. Lou is doing good, she has been asking to see you but you know with the death of your father, we don't want her to be scared that you might not make it either. Colton is getting better, he is going to come down here later to day and stay with you. So why don't you wake your stubborn ass up and make out with your boyfriend. Anyways we all love you very much." I heard him sigh then he kissed my forehead. "If you die then I will lose my little sister." I heard the door open then close. I wanted to get this down and over with I just want to wake up. I miss Colton, and Lou, Victoria and Shane. I miss my life.

Colton's POV

"Am I allowed to sleep in her room?" I asked the doctor hoping he would let me. He looked at Riley then back at me with a quizzical look. "Are you related to her?" I thought for a moment before answering. "I'm her fiancé." The doctor smirked at me before nodding. "Sure you are, I will let the others know." He winked at me then exited Riley's room. I looked at myself in the mirror and frowned. My hair was all different directions from running my hands through it, my eyes were red and puffy from crying along wit dark circles. I walked over to Riley, kissed her forehead and walked into the bathroom to shower.

I let the hot water run down my aching body. What happens if I lose Riley? It may sound cliché but I wouldn't be able to live with out her in my life. She taught me how to be a better person. Not to sleep around with endless girls because I'm depressed. She taught me how to be happy and fun. But she taught me the true meaning of love and I am in love with her. She is mine, my everything, my princess. I still can't get over how amazing the night before the accident was. I wanted to feel her bare body pressed against mine. I wanted her back in my arms. Knowing that there is a chance she might not wake up hurts so much. It's like my heart is being ripped out and stomped on. God I wonder if it was a drunk driver that hit us.

I stepped out and wrapped a towel around my waist. I grabbed my sweats and hoodie then slipped them on. When I walked out I saw Claire standing there. I glared at her and walked over and sat next to Riley, I took her hand in mine. "Hi princess." I placed my lips on her ear. "Claire is here." I looked up at Claire who was busy texting away on her phone. "What do you want?" She popped her head up and smiled sweetly at me. "Just checking to see if Riley is still like not alive in a way." I glared at her. "Why the hell are you posting all of those things about Riley?" I stood up and walked over to her. "What did she ever do to you?" Claire scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Ever since we started high school, I just didn't like her. She wasn't popular, I was, so I made her miserable. Then she got you, so I made her life even more miserable. Guys like you shouldn't go with girls like her." I raised my eyebrow at her and scoffed.

"Girls like her are amazing, the only girl like her, IS her. I just happen to be so fucking in love with her. She is one of the most amazing people I have ever met. She is sweet, kind, and caring. One more thing, he isn't fucking fake like you. Claire it's time I grow up, we graduate in four months." Claire looked at me shocked. "She deserves this. She deserves to be like this." She glare at Riley before storming out of the room. I looked over at Riley. I missed her so much. She seemed as if she was here but she wasn't. I only wanted her in my arms.

***

Riley's POV

(3 weeks later)

Colton was sitting there with his head in his hands looking at me, well my body. I was out of my body. I looked around the room and cried for a minute. Once I could control myself I walked out of the room to see where everyone else was. I saw Shane and Victoria. I smiled at them before turning and walking back to my room. Colton was now crying. His hands were pulling et his hair extremely tight. I walked over to him and stood in front of him even though he couldn't see me. I whispered his name. "Colton." He looked up then right into my eyes. I repeated his name. "Colton." He sat up straight never letting his eyes leave mine. "Great now in fucking hearing her." I lightly laughed at him and placed my hand on his cheek. He perked up like a puppy dog then put his hand on his cheek. "I love you Colton." I wiped the tear off of his cheek and walked over to my body. How do I do this, I want to wake up. I closed my eyes and opened them again. I looked around the familiar hospital room and saw Colton looking at me with happiness in his eyes.