Chapter 8- Heart to Heart

Riley's POV

I woke up with a massive headache and the light hurt my eyes. I tried to get up but I was held down by a heavy arm. I was in Colton's arms. I snuggled closer to him. When I moved he wrapped his arms around me even tighter.

I light placed my hand on his forehead and ran my fingers through his hair. He opened his eyes and gave me a half smile. "Morning princess." I covered my eyes with my hands. "Good morning pretty boy. Do you have Advil?" He rolled over so he was hovering over me. "I do. Also, your funny when your drunk."

He handed me a water bottle with Advil and closed the blinds and turned the tv on but turned the volume low. "I probably made a fool of myself because I don't remember what I said or did. I remember playing truth or dare and then going to the kitchen."

"And then princess I brought you back here because you said you didn't want to sleep alone. You said some interesting stuff to." Shit. I probably embarrassed the hell out of myself. "Tell me please?" He walked over and laid back down next to me. "Wouldn't you like to know."

"Yes I would now tell me." He looked at me for a second. "You said you fell really hard for this guy, but you don't think he would ever fall hard for you." I probably looked like a deer in the head lights. I laid down and just shook my head.

"Riley I know you like me." I closed my eyes preparing to hear the worst thing. "I like you to princess." My eyes flew up and he was looking down at me with soft eyes. "But I don't want to break your heart one day." I hugged him and shook my head. "You won't."

He stared at me for a second and shook his head. "Riley seriously. I don't want to break your heart. You don't know my history with girls." I ran a hand through my hair and faked a laugh. "I'm not those girls am I?" He looked at me and his eyes were bright with amusement.

"Your not but its because I care about you that I don't want to hurt you." I looked at him and sighed. "Um Uh okay. Let's just forget about this, I should probably get home." I quickly got up not even bothering to say good bye. I could give him his clothes back later. It sucks to feel rejected.

Colton's POV

(A week later)

She didn't talk to me at school or in general. I didn't talk to her all.I tried texting her, calling her, knocking on her window, going to her house but nothing worked. "Hey sweetie. Where is Riley? She hasn't been here."

"Uh I'm not sure. I am actually going over there right now so I will be back in a little bit." My mom came over and hugged me. "We will have dinner in about an hour. Bring her over if you want. And invite her family to." I nodded and headed to her house.

I knocked on her door and Lou answered the door. "Hey Lou. Is your sister home?" Lou frowned and nodded. "She is in her room, I heared her crying and I askeded her why and she saided the it's because of some boy." It tugged at my heart and I nodded and headed upstairs.

I knocked on her door and waited for her to answer. Nothing. I opened the door and heard her shower running. I saw a book that read drawing book and I went through it. Her drawings were beautiful. I stopped when I saw one of me smiling and I smiled at it.

"What are you doing here?" I heard her soft voice and I turned around and saw that she was in spandex and one of my hoodies. "I miss you." I told her honestly and she shook her head. "Do you have any idea how it feels to be rejected? I don't think you do."

I walked over to her and stood right in front of her. "You do think I want you? You don't think I would like to know that your mine? You don't think that I wish I could call you mine? Well that's the truth, I do want to call you mine."

She let out a shaky breath and looked up at me. "Prove it." I gently placed my hand on her cheek and pulled her closer to me with my other hand and looked down at her lips and back up at her eyes.

I placed my lips on hers and pulled her closer to me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and our lips moved in sync. She tasted like sweet strawberries. She lightly tugged at my hair and I smiled under the kiss.

When we pulled away I rested my forehead against hers. "Did I prove it?" She let out a breath and nodded. "I'm sorry." I hugged her and Lou walked in the room. "Did princess Riley get her princes kisses?" Lou asked with giggles. Riley smiled and picked up her little sister. "Do you guys want to come over for dinner. Your dad can come to."

Riley smiled and nodded. "Let me just change, and you go change to Lou." Lou skipped out of the room and Riley grabbed her clothes and walked into her bathroom. I sighed and looked through more of her drawings. There was one and it was of me and her hugging. I sighed and looked up as she walked out of the bathroom.

"Don't look at those drawings." She snatched the book away and put it in her dresser. I smiled at her as she turned around. "Come here princess." She walked over to me and I pulled her so she was sitting in my lap.

I pecked her lips again and she smiled. I looked at her hazel eyes and kissed her forehead. "Lets go love birds." Her dad said and we quickly pulled apart and he chuckled. "I don't care if you kiss, hell I don't really care what you do, but I swear to god if you get her pregnant I will chop off your man hood." Riley poked my cheek and laughed. "Haha, you look funny."

I tackled her and began tickling her. I heard her dad chuckle one last time before walking away. When I stopped I was leaned over her and she closed her eyes and sighed. "Get off of me." She pushed me off and ran downstairs.

I chased after her and caught her while she was in the kitchen. "We need to go before we are late." She said and Lou came bouncing around the corner with Bill. We walked over to my house and got settled in for dinner.

"So Riley what are your future plans?" She smiled brightly before answering. "I have always loved art and photography so I want to be in the different art and cultural programs." I grabbed her hand under the table and smiled at her. "And what about you Colton?" Bill, Riley's dad asked me.

"I want to write and produce music." Riley laid her head on my shoulder and smiled. "That's very wonderful."

After dinner was over Riley asked if she could stay the night and we were currently cleaning up the kitchen. "Riley, thank you for selling me that book. Because if it weren't for that book I wouldn't be doing this right now." I smashed my lips into hers and spun her around. "Thanks for getting me fired." She smirked before placing her lips back on mine.