Chapter 5- Loosen Up

Riley's POV

Right now we were sitting in Colton's living room and he took a drink of his beer. His lips looked soft and plump. Okay you know what. No I can not like him. I don't like him. "Just one sip and then you don't have to drink any more ever again." He shook his head. "Never mind. I'm not going to pressure you into something you don't want to do." I smiled at him and took the beer and placed it against my lips and sipped. It wasn't good but it wasn't bad. I'm pretty sure I made a weird face because Colton was laughing his ass off.

"Oh my god princess. Your fucking adorable." I felt a light blush rise to my cheeks and I handed him the beer back. "I should get home Colton." He shook his head. "How about just you and I have a movie night tonight?" I couldn't resist. "Okay." He made a make shift bed on the floor and I laid down and I felt his body heat.

In the middle of the movie he scooted closer to me and began playing with my hair. I looked up at him and he just looked straight ahead at the tv. I scooted myself closer to him and he rested his hand on my waist.

I felt little tingles. No this isn't right. I don't like him. "I have to use the bathroom." I quickly got up and walked into the bathroom. I splashed some cold water on my face and walked back out. Colton was talking to someone at the front door.

"Why does it matter if she is here or not Claire? I don't have to tell you where she is." I heard Claire's high pitched screechy voice. "Well do you even like her, like, like like her?" He sighed and shook his head. "No Claire. I don't but it doesn't matter and you can leave now." I felt kinda sick to my stomach. What is wrong with me lately? "But Colton, we could be great partners." I heard it go silent and I walked out and saw Claire's lips on his and I cleared my throat.

"Colton I can leave now. You are obviously busy with Claire. I will see you tomorrow at school." I pushed Claire out of the way and ran home before Colton could stop me. I dragged myself upstairs and looked in my little sisters room. "Hey Lou." She ran up and hugged my legs. "Hi Riley. Who is that boy that you like?"

I sat down in front of her and smiled. "I don't like anyone Lou. He is a friend. Don't ever grow up okay?" She nodded and pranced around her room in her pink tutu and fairy wings. I smiled at her and walked into my room and looked out of my window. Colton was on the phone with someone and he turned around and looked at me as I closed my blinds so I could change.

I don't care if he has a girlfriend but he knows that Claire has been rude and hurtful to me and he allows her to kiss him. I may sound selfish but I am just speaking the truth. I opened my curtains to where I could see but he couldn't see me. He was just staring at my window.

I opened up my blinds and just stared at him for a minute. He hung up his phone and lifted his window. I did this as well. "Riley I'm sorry. She kissed me." I scoffed at him. "I don't care if you date people." He climbed over to my window and came in my room. "I don't like her. I don't like anyone." He said and his face was expressionless. "Well that's good because then you don't have to worry about constantly being let down because they choose someone else." He nodded and shrugged.

"Yup and I actually can get someone to like me unlike you." I looked at him with disbelief and his eyes widened when he realized what he said. "Oh my god Riles I didn't mean that. Shit." I felt a tear roll down my cheek. "I'm not going to be like one of those people in a romance book and tell you to get out because I actually have stuff to say."

"Colton first off, you know I can't control that, I didn't ask to be single in my last year of high school. Second off I guess you wouldn't understand what it would be like to even get rejected by a girl you like because fucking everyone loves you. I try to be happy but it sucks constantly seeing everyone around me have someone and yet I am eighteen and I have never had a boyfriend, a kiss, or even a damn kiss on the cheek. I have never been told I'm beautiful by a guy and I hate that because it makes me think that I'm not good enough for anyone. But you wouldn't understand."

He looked at me with so many different emotions in his eyes and I just kept a angry stern face at him letting him see my tears. "I'm sorry princess. I didn't mean to say that." He walked closer to me and hugged me. "I'm so sorry, so fucking sorry." He kissed my cheek and left my room. I placed my hand over my cheek where he kissed my cheek and felt little tingles again.

I slammed my window shut and closed my blinds. I'm so fucking confused and it fucking sucks. I set my alarm and closed my eyes trying to get sleep but I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned all night.

I remember that one day I stole Colton's shirt so I changed into it and breathed in his smell. I began to relax and I slowly drifted off to sleep.

Colton's POV

After I left her room I sat in my room thinking about what I did to her. When we were watching the movie I shouldn't have played with her hair and pulled her closer to me. I honestly don't know if I like her or not. I don't think I do. She is to sweet and kind for me. She is just a friend.

I had called Shane and told him what happened. God I am such a dick sometimes. Its not fair to her. I looked back at her window and saw the lights were off. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I need to loosen up. I got on my clothes and headed to a party.

I pulled up to the party and I heard loud music and loud people. As soon as I walked inside I grabbed some vodka and chugged it down. It burned and tingled down my throat. I didn't care if I got shit faced tonight. It's not like I would be driving.

After many shots we were all huddled around in a game of truth or dare. "Colton truth or dare." I chuckled and slurred my words. "Trruuuth."

"Who do you like?" I let out a burp mixed out with a laugh. "I don't like anyone man. But this girl Riley is my best friend." And it was true. She was my best friend. I don't think she even wants to see my face anymore.

I stumbled up the stairs of this persons house and found an empty room to sleep in. I locked the door and fell back wards on the bed.

I closed my eyes and ran a hand through my hair. God I'm stupid. I need to apologize to her and get my best friend back. She is my best friend.