Chapter 38- Weird Car Talks

Colton's POV

"No! What if I had your name and you had mine but it was completely normal." I chuckled then smirked. "What if faces were called asses or butts. I'd say you have a really nice ass." She smacked my arm and I laughed at her. "Ha ha ha so very funny."

"You do have a nice ass though." I muttered under my breath and she just shook her head and smacked me. Unfortunately she missed my leg and hit me where the sun don't shine. I pulled over on the side of the rode and grunted. I laid my head on the steering wheel. "Baby I'm so sorry!" She said panicked. She grabbed my hand and rubbed in circles.

I looked up at her and then closed my eyes. "Your lucky I love you." I kissed her lips quickly and she scooted into the middle and laid her head on my shoulder and we started driving again. "Maybe when we stop at a hotel you can kiss it and make it feel better."

She sighed and flicked my ear. "Do you want to be left on the side of the road?" She laughed along with me. "You wouldn't ever leave me." She shook her head and pressed a soft kiss into my neck. "I'm going to sleep for a little while." I nodded and she pulled her legs up on the seat and used my shoulder as a pillow.

You know it's amazing how much love you can have for one person. Like honestly. You find one person that literally means the world to you. The perfect one for you, and even through all the fights and bickering you could still look at the same person and go 'I love you.'

Before I met Riley, I was rebellious. I would get drunk before I thought that Corrie had passed away. I would sleep around with endless girls. I even smoked for a short period of time. When I actually had a conversation with her that first time almost a year ago, I knew she was different from everyone else. She stood up for what she wanted. She stood up to me and I wasn't used to that.

She made me a better person. She got me to open up and let it all go. To try and forget the past. Riley saw the best in everyone, even when they treated her like shit, she saw the good qualities about them.

When I had found out she was pregnant I was so unbelievably happy. I thought we were going to move down here raise a family of our own. Then he got taken away from us. I would have loved that little boy to death. I hope he knows that his mother and I love him so much.

My phone started ringing and I grabbed it and answered it.

"Hey mama."

"Hey. How is the drive so far?" She asked.

"It's good. Dark. Riley is asleep."

"Alright well Corrie wanted to talk to you." She was lightly laughing.

"Okay put him on. I love you mom."

"Love you to."

It was silent on the line for a minute then Corries voice sounded through the phone.

"Hey Colton! I forgot to tell Riley something."

I chuckled. I love it how he adores her. "She is asleep right now buddy but I can tell her."

"Tell her that I love her. I can't wait till she is my older sister. Oh and I love you to Colton."

I smiled to myself. "I will tell her. We love you to. Give Lou and big hug from us."

"Alright have a good drive. Bye Colton."

"Bye buddy."

I hung up my phone and focused on the road.

When my eyes became heavy I pulled up to a hotel. We had been driving for fourteen hours straight. When I parked I grabbed the bag of extra clothes that Riley and I had packed then went around to her side and picked her up bridal style. When we walked inside I headed up to the front desk. "One room please." She looked at Riley and then at me. "You kids make a cute couple." I smiled at the lady and she handed me a room key.

I took the stairs and when I got to the room I unlocked the door and pushed it open. I threw the bag on the floor and pulled out Riley's sweats and put them on her.

When I laid her down on the bed she grabbed my hand and slowly opened her eyes. "Hurry and lay down so I can cuddle with you." She closed her eyes when I laid down next to her. I pulled her close to me and turned off the lights.

I kissed Riley's forehead then nuzzled my head into her neck. She always smelt good.

"I love you." I whispered and hugged her waist tight. "Love you." Was what I heard before I passed out.

In the morning Riley was sitting on the bed with my head in her lap. Her hair was down and thrown over to one side but it looked pretty. "I like your hair like that princess." She took her eyes off of her phone and looked down at me. "Morning. And this is how it was when I woke up." I smiled lightly and sat up.

"We should get back on the road soon." She nodded and yawned. "I want to shower." I smirked. "Want to save water?" She rolled her eyes and pulled me into the bathroom.

When we got out Riley brushed out her hair and left it down then pulled on sweats and another tank top. "Alright let's go."

California here we come.