Chapter 4- Fun Day

(Riley ^)

Riley's POV

"RILEY PALMER! YOU SNEAKY LITTLE SHIT." Colton began chasing me down the school halls and I ran out to the football field. He was a lot taller than me so he caught up to me fast. Plus I have the legs of a corgi dog. He grabbed my arm and I was smashed into his chest. "What did I do Colton?" He chuckled at me and poked my nose. "You know your a lot more clever than I thought you were."

"Well you didn't think you were getting off that easy for reading my most personal thoughts you douche. And I mean that in the best way possible." He rolled his eyes and smirked at me. "Lets ditch school goody two shoes." I looked at him and he was serious. "Colton we can't." He grabbed my phone out of my pocket and slid it in his back pocket. "Your coming with me."

"Uhh fine." He looked surprised and had to blink a couple times before he could talk. "Princess say what?" I smiled and grabbed my phone from his back pocket. "What?" He sighed and we waited until first period started to go over to his motorcycle.

"Have you ever been go karting or done like any kind of racing?" I shook my head at Colton. "No I haven't had like an actual good time since, uh since my mom passed." He made an o shape with his mouth and nodded. "Well today I am going to make sure you have lots of fun princess. First we are going to go, go karting, then we will have lunch, I am going to take you to the movies and then we are going to go to a party tonight."

I cocked an eyebrow up at him. "Ha me, and parties don't mix well together. Sorry Colton maybe another night." He gave me the 'Are you serious' look and climbed onto his motorcycle. "You coming to a party with me."

"Colton seriously no. Why don't we have another movie night with Victoria and Shane on Friday?" I sat on the back awaiting the cool air to run across my skin and the adrenalin rush that I always get. "Fine. Under one condition. You have to at least take a drink of my beer tonight when I'm at home."

"You sir are teaching me very bad habits. I don't think I should hang around you anymore." He started his motorcycle when someone yelled his name. "But babe, I think you should stay with me all the time." We laughed and turned around and saw Claire.

We were so close to leaving but the bitch had to come and ruin everything. "Colton. Hey, so I was wondering if you would walk me to the library. I'm not sure where it is." I looked at her in disbelief. "Are you dumb or stupid? Pick one. Oops I guess I said that out loud."

Colton chuckled and high fives me. "Claire I'm pretty sure you know where the library is." Colton said before shooing her away. After all that we finally left the school.

The wind made my long brown hair all crazy and my skin was chilly from the wind constantly being against my skin. "Is this where we are go karting?" Colton looked like a five year old on Christmas morning. "Yes it is princess. YOU BEST BELIEVE IT!"

When we walked inside the people that were already in cars were zooming around the place. The engines were roaring and you could hear the room filled with laughter. Colton and I walked up to the main desk and checked in.

"Two helmets please." Colton asked the man and he led us to a room full of different helmets. "I have to measure your heads." Colton went first and picked out a blue helmet. "And now you girly." I picked out a purple helmet and Colton looked at me and leaned the forehead of his helmet against mine and smiled. "Are you ready to get your ass kicked princess?"

I shoved his chest lightly and faked a laugh. "Bring it on pretty boy. I bet you twenty-five dollars that I will beat you." He rolled his eyes and shook my hand. "It's on." I smiled to myself at our weirdness as we walked over to the cars.

Once we were settled in the cars we started our engines. The light were red then yellow the once they hit green I sped off. This was so much fun. Colton was already ahead of me. I kept inching closer and closer until I was in front of him and I cut him off causing him to slow down. "SUCK ON THAT PRETTY BOY!" I heard him chuckling and he lightly bumped the back of my kart and I sped up.

He swerved and got back in front of me. "I WOULD BUT YOU'VE ALREADY GOT THAT COVERED PRINCESS!" I began laughing like a donkey and I tried my best to get back in front of him but I couldn't. He passed the finish line first and I followed right behind him.

I met him back at the front desk and shook my head at him. I grabbed twenty-five dollars from my pocket and handed it to him. "I mean your welcome. I do have to admit though, you've got some skills princess."

We turned in our helmets and walked over to Lenny's Burgers which was right across the street. "So what movie are we seeing pretty boy?" We sat down in a booth and ordered milk shakes and burgers with fries. YUMMY! "We could see that new scary movie, As Above So Below."

"Sounds good. Sometimes I'm not very good with scary movies." He smirked at me and stuck his tongue out at me. "But princess, I will be there to protect you." His words replayed in my head. For some reason I wish he really meant it.