Chapter 37- Life's a High Way

Riley's POV

Today was our last day in New York so our little gang was going out. Today was also the day when Hector was going to purpose to Jake. We were going to go out to eat at this fancy restaurant place. I'm not sure what it's called but I hear it's really expensive and we have to dress nice.

I decided to wear a black strapless dress that went down to my feet with black flats. "Princess, which one?" Colton held up a white shirt and a black one as well. "The white one because I'm wearing black." He rested his forehand against mine and kissed my lips softly. "You." He kissed my lips again. "Are." Then he kissed my lips again. "Ridiculous." Then he kissed me one last time. "But you love me anyways." He nodded and stuck his tongue out at me. "I do." I chuckled lightly and straightened my hair.

It was weird seeing it straight, it was either always in its natural wavy form or curled. I liked it. Colton came back in the white v-neck with nice pants and nice shoes.

"Alright we should be heading out. We have to meet them in half an hour." He said and kissed my lips quickly. I nodded and smiled gratefully at him.

We walked down to his car and headed to wherever the hell we were going. "So do you think that Jake is still going to move?" Colton shrugged. "Not sure princess. But we will still have fun and do all that crazy fun stuff." I chuckled and shook my head. "What ever you say pretty boy."

***

As we were eating I looked over at Shane and Victoria and then at Hector. I gave him an encouraging smile with a thumbs up. He smiled and blushed slightly. Colton grabbed my hand under the table and I continued to eat with my other hand.

"So are you guys ready to move in two days?" Victoria asked and I nodded. "I will miss this place but it's time to leave bad memories behind and make new good memories." Colton gave my hand a light squeeze and we all just kinda sat in silence for a minute.

That is when Hector stood up from his chair and bent down on one knee. Jake looked at him and smiled gratefully.

"Jacob Richards, you have been with me through thick and thin these past years and I want our love to go on. So will you make me the happiest man. Will you marry me?" My brother stuck his arms out and nodded. "Yes! Yeah of course." He had tears in his eyes and Hector slid a gold ring on his finger and they shared a quick kiss before sitting back down. I smiled at the two of them.

"So what are you guys going to do?" Colton asked them and Hector smiled. "I was hoping to move to California with you guys." He said and Jake smiled brightly. "Are you serious?!" He nodded and Jake hugged him again.

I smiled at them and Jake raised his eyebrows at Colton. "Bye guys. See you in a couple of days." I looked at my friends confused but when I walked out front his car was hooked up to up to the uhaul and we got into the cab of the uhaul. "Colton what's going on?" I asked with a smile. "We are leaving now because we just are. Plus I have a surprise for you in California in our apartment." He handed me sweats and a shirt. "Get comfy."

I pulled my dress off and pulled the sweats on with a tank top. I looked over at Colton who changed into sweats and a shirt as well. "Ready to hit the road baby?" I laughed and nodded. This was going to be a fun trip.

I had fallen asleep for a while and when I woke up it was 1:30 in the morning and Colton was still driving. "Babe, how are you not falling asleep." He chuckled and handed me five hour energy bottles. "Those aren't good for you, you know?" He smiled and focused on the road. "Oh well. I don't want us to get in another accident."

I cringed at the horrible memory.

"Yeah Uh yeah." I said and looked out the window. I saw a couple in a car that had their light on the feed their baby. That could've been me one day. I quickly shook the thought out of my head. "Can I turn on music?" He nodded and played the radio.

Colton started singing along with John Legend and that made me smile. "You are quite cute you know that?" He nodded and leaned over and kissed my cheek quickly. "I love you."

I could never get tired of those words.