Chapter 39- This Is Ours.

Riley's POV

Only about an hour until we reach California. This has been the longest four days of my life. I looked over at Colton who was focusing on the road. "I wish we were there already. I want to show you the surprise." Colton said and pouted like a two year old. I smiled and held his hand. "If you stop looking at the clock it will go by much faster." He chuckled and kissed my forehead. "So I was thinking. Maybe we could just spend like the first week there by ourselves. Just us two in our little bubble." I nodded and laid on his shoulder as he drove. "I like our little bubble. It's nice." I closed my eyes for a minute. Well at least I thought.

***

When I woke up I was in an unfamiliar room but I was next to a writing Colton. "Babe, where are we?" I said and sat up. "Welcome to our apartment." I looked around our room and everything was already set up. "How is- Just how?" He smirked.

"I sold all of your old furniture and got all new stuff and hired some movers and boom. Go look around princess." He kissed my lips softly and I stood up to go look around. Everything was so pretty. This apartment had a stair case! How did he afford this? I ran my hand over the railing of the stair case and walked down to the amazing living room. It was just so beautiful.

After I looked around I ran back upstairs and into the room and saw that there was a door next to it. I pushed it open and saw a bunch of art and music stuff in it. Colton came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist then rested his head on my shoulder. "This is ours." He left a soft kiss on my shoulder. I turned around and leaned my forehead against his.

He pressed his lips against mine. I pulled myself closer to him but I then realized I was only in a shirt and my underwear but who cares. His hands were holding onto my lower back and he bent down and grabbed under my bum causing me to jump up and wrap my legs around his waist. He nibbled on my bottom lip and walked towards our room. Our room.

He leaned us down and massaged the outside of my leg softly. I ran my hands up his chest and his hands slipped under my shirt. Just as he was about to remove it, there was a knock on the front door. He kept kissing me but slowly stopped. I took a deep breath and smiled at him. "One of us should go get that." He poked out his bottom lip and I kissed it before pushing him off of me. He sighed and ran to the front door.

When he came back up he was holding flowers. "There from the neighbors across the hall. They are a cute little old couple." He smiled sweetly before placing them on our bed side table and crawling back into bed with me. He pulled off his shirt before pulling me into his chest. He ran his hand through my hair ever so gently. "This is where we exist baby. Can you believe it. It seems like yesterday we were just at that book store." I nodded and played with his fingers. "I love it here." I whispered quietly and into his chest.

He smiled and kissed my forehead. "I love it to." I smiled content with where I was. I draped my leg over his waist and pulled myself closer. "When can we go around town and see the campus?" He shrugged and played with my fingers. "I dont know, but for now let's just watch movies, cuddle, and make out because that sounds pretty good to me." I smiled up at him and kissed his cheek. "I'm going to go get some snacks." I went to get up but his hands stayed planted on my waist. "Your not going anywhere." He smiled and kept his hold on my waist. I looked down at him and shook my head. "Okay then I will stay here, but let go of me." He loosened his grip on me and I crawled back next to him.

"I'm going to sleep for a little bit. That drive made me exhausted." I smirked and kissed his lips softly, then his neck while running my hand through his hair. "Riley." He warned but I just gently tugged at his hair more. When he went to bring my face up to his I rolled back over and he glared at me. "That wasn't nice." He whispered and frowned. I smirked. "I know." He chuckled and pulled me back into his chest. I rubbed his stomach. He slowly closed his eyes and yawned before turning on his side and pulling me agaisnt his body.

I kissed his chest lightly and looked around our room. I still had to hang up everything that we packed. I looked at a sleeping Colton and smiled. He is so handsome. I lightly brushed my knuckles against his skin. I eventually feel asleep to.

In the morning I woke up and saw that Colton was walking around the room and hanging pictures. I smiled when I saw him staring at the one he gave me for his birthday. "Morning baby." I said and sat up. He looked my way and smiled. "Morning princess. I was thinking that after we do a little unpacking we could go down to the beach." I nodded excitedly. "We should. But first, while you finish hanging stuff, I'm going to go buy groceries."

I walked out to our balcony to see how nice it was. It was cool but humid. I pulled on shorts and just left on the shirt I was wearing then pulled my hair into a pony tail. "Riley come here for a second." I followed Colton's voice and found him at he front door. He was holding flowers with a small smile. "Look." He handed me a small card that had Corrie and Lous hand writing on it. "We love and miss you guys." I smiled at the note and set the vase of flowers on the counter in the middle.

"Alright I'm going to go now. I will be right back." I kissed his lips softly and hurried outside. Now all I have to do is find a damn grocery store.

Colton's POV

After she left I went back to hanging up pictures. I had been hanging them for about an hour now. I smiled at the last picture before hanging it. There was another knock on the door so I threw a shirt on and hurried downstairs. When I looked through the little peep or peek hole what ever the hell it's called, I saw Lexi standing there. I rolled my eyes and didn't open the door. She kept knocking. "Open up please. I just want to apologize." I opened the door a little to rough.

"Can't you just leave me alone? It's been like a year and a half since we broke up." She gave me that pouty look and I rolled my eyes. I don't know how I used to put up with this girl. "I just want us to work out again. I mean you left the Riley girl." She rubbed my chest and I basically had to pry her hands off of me. "No, I share this apartment with her. Leave."

Riley walked up and looked at Lexi then me. "Who's this?" Lexi stared daggers at Riley. "This is Lexi." She widened her eyes at me then smiled sweetly at Lexi. "I believe my husband asked you to leave." Lexi opened her mouth to say something but just nodded and hurried down the hall. Riley shoved some bags into my hands then ran back downstairs to grab more.

When she came back up we instantly started putting stuff away. "So that was Lexi?" She asked and I nodded. "So I'm your husband. Hmm Riley Black, I like it." I walked behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist then rested my head on her shoulder. "We should go break the bed in." I whispered in her ear and then kissed her cheek. "You've been really needy lately. Plus we are supposed to go to the beach. Remember?" I chuckled and walked around to the other side of the counter. "Well then. And I know. I was just kidding." She gave me a small smile and just stared at me. "I love you." I said and she blew me a kiss before putting the last of the groceries away.

"Are we ready to go?" I asked her. She was in her purple bikini and a strapless cover up. She looked flawless and she didn't even have to try. I smiled and lightly brushed her hair out of her face. "Your so beautiful." She blushed and pecked my lips. "Let's go."

When we looked at the beach it was packed. Then I remembered a place from when I was a kid that wasn't far from here. "Come this way." I grabbed her hand and led her through some trees and bushes. When I lifted up the branch there it was. A secret place that no one knows about. I looked around and thought.

I'm going to propose to Riley someday, right here, in this place because this is where I want us to exist.