Chapter 24- Hate is a Strong Word but so Is Love

Colton's POV
(Two days later)
I looked at her window hoping to see her standing there. I was wrong to do what I did to her. It was stupid but in my defense.... I don't have a defense. Lou came over to me and sat down on the floor with her doors. "Why are you crying?" I looked at her and she made the same facial expression Riley makes when she is concerned. "Me and your sister aren't princess and knight in shining armor anymore." She looked at me and her mouth dropped open. "But you two were like from my fairy princess books. And she isn't my sister, she doesn't like me."

I sat up and looked at Lou. "Louise Palmer, she might not be your sister by blood but she loves you so so much." Lou looked at me with sad eyes. "I miss her." I picked her up and began walking downstairs. "Lets go see your sister."

I knocked on her door and Cason opened it. I cocked my head back and looked at him. "We came to see Riley." He stood aside and let us in. "She is in her room."

Lou looked up at Cason and then ran upstairs. I went to follow her but Cason put his hand up, holding me back. "I don't think you should go up there." I moved his hand.

"Thanks for the information but I am her boyfriend." He looked at me with dull eyes. "Ex-boyfriend bud." I rolled my eyes and walked upstairs and stood outside of the door.
"Riley? Why did you and Colton break up? I wanted him to be my uncle."

"Well Lou. Sometimes people make silly mistakes and you can't change that. And it really hurts to know that someone you love very much leaves you." I didn't leave her! She chose to push me away. But it's because of what I did. "Do you still love him?" I stepped in the door way and Riley just stayed staring at Lou. Lou looked over at me and I gave her a small smile and Riley looked up at me. "Can I help you?"

"Do you hate me?" She looked at me with sad eyes. "Hate is a strong word." I walked in and replied quickly. "But so is love, and I don't think I can count how many times we have told each other that."
Lou walked out of the room and into her old room. "Colton, do you understand how upset and hurt I am?" She said softly and tears welled up in her eyes. "Yes but we can go back to the way we were." She shook her head and that's when the first tear spilled out. "That's the thing, it's hard to forgive someone, but it's even harder to try to trust them again." Cason walked in the room but I lightly pushed him back and shut the door.

"Then maybe let me show you that you can trust me again." She cried more and shook her head rapidly. "No! You have to give it more time. I'm not okay. I just want Cason right now." Her words stung and I guess she could tell by the look on my face. "And don't think anything wrong because he has a girlfriend."
I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "How can you just let go of everything like that?" She looked at me and gave a dry laugh. "You think I have forgotten it? That's all that's been going through my damn head the past two days." I walked over to her and sat down on her bed. I so badly wanted to kiss her but I knew I couldn't.

"I'm sorry princess." I went to hug her but she pushed me away. "You need to leave. Lou can stay here." I looked into her eyes and she looked into mine for a second. "Okay then. Bye Riley." I said softly. Did I really just fucking lose her. No I can't lose her. "I can't lose you."

"Colton you promised you wouldn't leave me like everyone else, so when you were having a make out fest with dumb ass Claire I saw it and I felt so hurt. I felt like my whole body was being stabbed with pins and needles." Cason came in the room and sat down next to Riley. He rubbed her back and placed ice on her still swollen ankle. "Riley you know that I love you. I am in love with you. It's so hard to see you like this and know I was the cause." Riley shook her head and Lou came running in the room and cuddled up next to her sister.

"You messed up." She stood up and walked over to me. She placed her lips on mine softly then pulled away. "Goodbye Colton." I knew she meant that this really was goodbye. I looked at her and my heart tugged at my chest. I want my princess back.

Riley's POV

I looked into his eyes and he looked sad and tried. I didn't want to say goodbye, but I had to. I still love him and I always will. He was my first love. I tore my eyes away from his and Cason came over and hugged me quickly. "I have to go, I am taking my girlfriend out." I nodded and hugged him quickly. When he walked out Lou looked at Colton and I before running into her room.
"Colton please just go." He looked at me and I just turned around and walked over to Lou's room but he grabbed my wrist. "Will you let me at least explain things to you?"
He pulled me so I was facing him. "Why?"

"I had a lot to drink and Claire kissed me and I got caught in the moment, I'm sorry I called you clingy and annoying because your far from it." Lou walked back out with her little arms over her chest. "You guys need to be nice to each other if you guys love each other."
I looked down at Lou. "Sometimes things just don't work out that way sweetie." Colton turned my chin so I was looking at him. "Please just give me another chance." I felt my tears roll down my cheek and he wiped the tear. "Go Colton. Please!" He sighed and gave me a dry chuckle. "Drop Lou off when your done."
"Sissy, why are you mad at him?"
"He kissed another girl." She sighed and furrowed her eyebrows together. "But he came back to you." I let out a cry about what Lou just said. "Your right."

"Lou go in your room and stay in there till I get back." She jumped up and down and ran into her room. I grabbed the crutches that I had to use since I had my sprain ankle. I went as fast as I could. I knocked on his door and his mom answered it. "Hey Riley. Colton is upstairs." I
nodded and tried the best to get upstairs with my crutches. I tried to open his door but it was locked. "Kids were going to go get Lou and take her to the park. Your dad and I will be back in a couple of hours."
I knocked lightly. When he opened the door his towel hung low on his waist. "What are you doing here Riley?"

"Just like how you made a mistake. I made one to. You came back to me even after you made out and stuff with Claire." He looked at me with wide eyes. "What are you saying?" I looked at him and sighed. "We aren't getting back together. We will start out as friends if you really want to gain my trust back. So don't get mad if I see other guys because I'm not yours anymore." He held his chest faking a hurt look. "So nice about it aren't you princess?" I smiled and hugged him. He instantly responded.
"How long do we have to do this friend thing?" I looked up at him and flicked his ear. "I never said I wasn't mad at you anymore so cut the shit pretty boy." I pulled away from him and realized he was still in his towel.

"And put some clothes on you perv." He smirked and kissed my nose. "Okay princess." I looked at him and shook my head. "No more kisses." He made an 'o' shape with his mouth and nodded. "Im sorry, I kinda forgot." With that Colton and I had a movie day. That was until Bitch Claire interrupted.