Chapter 34- Its Your Fault

Rileys POV

I stepped onto the school campus. I grabbed Colton's hand and snuggled into his side. This isn't how I had wanted to spend my senior year. It was a fucked up year.

1. Claire. Need I say more?

2. I lost my adopted dad.

3. Found out I was adopted.

4. I almost lost my little sister.

5. Almost broke up with my first boyfriend.

6. Got in a car crash.

7. Got stuck in a coma.

8. Maryann was a bitch to me but I don't know why.

9. I got my hopes up.

10. I lost the baby.

So now we were going back to school. "Princess its going to be okay." I nodded and realized something. Tomorrow was the last day of school. Holy shit. We graduate so soon.

"Should I tell Claire that its her fault?" He clenched his jaw and nodded. The doctor told us that due to the pressure against my stomach it caused the baby to suffocate someway. "I will see you after school." He turned me and kissed my lips softly. "I love you." He whispered against my mouth. "I love you more." His lips twitched up but it wasn't a smile. Neither of us have really smiled these past couple of days.

I saw Claire walking towards me and I glared at her. "Hey pill popper." I took a deep breath and looked her right in the eyes. "I am done putting up with your shit. Remember when you hit me in the stomach? Yeah well I was pregnant and you killed my baby. Do you understand how much that hurt Colton and I? I don't understand why you feel the need to make my life miserable. Its not fair and I'm done with you. I hope one day you get a taste of your own medicine because karma is a bitch."

I turned and walked away feeling satisfied when I felt someones hand holding my wrist. It was Shane. "Damn girl you still got it." I felt my lips curve up a little but not much. "We graduate in two days, it needed to be said." He pulled me into a hug and we went on with our school day.

At the end of the day I met Colton at his car and we drove to his house. I don't care how mad I was at Maryann, she needed to know about the baby being lost. "Colton you never told me about you biological mother." He rested his hand on my knee and pulled into the drive way. "I will tell you tonight."

We walked up the stairs hand in hand and into the living room. Cliff rushed off the couch and hugged Colton and I. "I am so sorry you guys." Im guessing Colton told him already. I didn't know what to say. I mean what can you say? Oh its okay I just lost my baby no big deal. No, you can't really say anything.

Colton walked into the kitchen and I followed behind him. "Colton sweetie I'm so sorry." He sat down and pulled me into his lap. "Mom its not me you should be apologizing to." She looked at me. "Riley hun. I am so sorry, I shouldn't have done that to you. It was Vivians plan to get Colton back with Lexi and I went along with it and I'm sorry." I hugged her.

"Its alright. We actually have something to tell you." She gave me a soft smile. "What is it?" I felt the tears welling up in my eyes. "We lost the baby." I sniffled and Colton let out a sob. I turned and buried my head in his neck. "Kids I am so sorry." Once again I didn't know what to say.

"How did it happen? Did the doctor say? Oh my gosh I can't believe this guys." Colton picked me up bridal style. "Mom please stop." She clamped a hand over her mouth and Colton carried me upstairs to his room as I sobbed into his chest. Once I calmed down a bit I sat up and looked at Colton.

He had tears on his face. I took his face and wiped the tears off of his face with my thumb. "Your to handsome to cry." I whispered and he leaned his forehead against mine and stared into my eyes. "Your to beautiful to be in this much pain." He lightly rubbed his nose against mine. I wrinkled my nose. "Your to adorable. You know that?" I felt my cheeks warm up but I kept his gaze. He bit his lip and played with NY fingers. Its getting really hard to not kiss him.

He kissed my lips softly and I lightly tugged at his hair. This is when I heard yelling. I pulled away and I heard Maryann and Cliffs voices yelling at one another. Colton took his hands and covered my ears. I pulled his hands off of my ears.

"Let's go to your house." I nodded and we went through his window.

When we got to my house we went straight up to my room. I laid down on my back and Colton hovered over me. "I bet you ten dollars I can make you laugh." I glared at him playfully. "No you can't." He shrugged and began tickling my sides. I began squirming under him and he even had a smile on his face. "Alright! Alright! I surrender!"

He smirked and looked down at my stomach which was now revealed. He kissed my stomach lightly and I pulled my shirt back over my stomach. "So here's your ten dollars." I reached over to my night stand and grabbed ten dollars. "Keep your money princess." He kissed my lips before rolling off of me. "Tell me about your mother." I said and he turned on his side so I copied his motions so I was facing him.

"One word for you babe. Hooker. That's what my mother was. I remember her bringing home random men late at night and my dad storming out. She ended up leaving when I was eight. Then when I was around thirteen he met Maryann and they got married due to her getting pregnant with Corrie when I was young. My mom hated me. She hit me and made me do things when my dad wasnt around. So that's that."

I wrapped my arms around his waist and held him. "How come you didn't tell me?" He shrugged. "I didn't think it was important princess. And about them arguing back at the house, I'm sorry I don't know why they just randomly started fighting but I'm sorry."

I shook my head and kissed his nose. "I will be right back." I got up and walked downstairs and grabbed a tub of ice cream with a spoon. When I walked back into my room Colton and shirtless and in some sweatpants. He smirked when he saw I was checking him out. I looked down at the ice cream and walked to my bed. I grabbed one of his shirts and threw it over my head and removed my jeans. Now I was comfy.

I had put in the movie Frozen because everyone may hate it but its actually a cute movie. I kept singing along to the songs while Colton laughed at me. "Hey my little cutie. I am going to sleep because I'm tired. I love you." He kissed my lips, my cheeks, my forehead, basically my whole face before laying back down. "I love you to pretty boy." He smiled and I kissed his cheek.

As the night went on I couldn't sleep. My mind wandered to Noah. Would he have had my eyes or Coltons? What would he have looked like? I kept asking myself all of these questions I knew I would never get the answers to. But that's what happened when you can't sleep. You think. And I just happened to think about Noah.

In the morning Colton poked my sides in attempt to get me up for school. "I don't wanna go booboo." I said with my head buried in my pillow so he couldn't understand me. "Huh? Never mind. Just get up so you can shower."

"Never!" He picked me up and carried me to the bathroom. "But there's a plus princess, you get to shower with me." He wiggled his eyebrows and smirked. I rolled my eyes and he put me down so I could shower.

After my shower I put on some jeans and one of Colton's hoodies then I put my hair in a pony tail. "Come princess." I ran downstairs and outside to the car. "Tomorrow we graduate princess. And then we pack up our stuff and leave for California in a week." In a week I would be saying goodbye to the place I grew up in.

When we pulled up to school we were actually early so we just stood by my locker. Claire walked up and stood in front of Colton and I. "Before you like bitch slap me, I wanted to apologize. I'm sorry for everything I have ever done to you. I'm sorry for trying to take Colton away from you. And I really am truly sorry that I, k-killed your baby. I will never forgive myself for that."

I noticed today she was in jeans and a fitting shirt and converse, rather than s tight mini skirt with her boobs hanging out. She still had on a lot of make up though. "I'm sorry Riley and Colton." She turned to walk away but I pulled her back and gave her a hug. "Thank you Claire." I pulled away and gave her a small smile. "So is everything good between us now?" Claire asked and I nodded. "Everything's good." She smiled genuinely and walked off.

"Well that was unexpected but okay." Colton said and pulled me into his side. "See Riley that is what I love about you. People can do the worst things but you find the good in them." He kissed my temple and we headed to our classes.

In photography I thought of something. I need to focus and capture the good things in life. And that's what I was going to try to do my last week here in New York.