Chapter 13- Awkward

Colton's POV

"Oh my god guys I am so sorry. I didn't mean to walk in. The front door was unlocked and your dad wanted me to check on you and I'm just going to go now." Celeste ran downstairs and we heard the front door close and Riley sighed. "We should get packing for camping tomorrow." She quickly got up and put on her skinny jeans and my hoodie. I changed back into my clothes and walked over and pecked her lips quickly. "I will be back over in a little bit, I am going to go pack." She nodded and smiled. "I love you." I got the biggest smile on my face and kissed her lips again. "I love you to."

I walked up to my room and began packing. "Hey sweetie." My mom walked in and sat down next to me. "Hey mom. What's up?" She smiled brightly before replying. "I was thinking that you can invite Riley over for Christmas to meet the family since her dad and sister are going to be out of town. Also what did you get her for Christmas?" I nodded and smiled at the thought of Riley. My family would love Riley. "I will and I already bought her present." I pulled out a thin skinny box that had her present in it. It was a charm bracelet and it had a cancer ribbon, a camera, a paint brush, and a heart that said I love you on it. "She can get other charms that she wants to put on it." My mom smiled at me with happiness in her eyes. "I'm glad you finally found a good girl. Invite her over for dinner again. I haven't seen her in a little while."

"Yeah okay. I will invite her." My mom hugged me before waking out of my room. She popped her head back in and winked. "I can't wait till she is my daughter in law." I chuckled and shook my head at my mom. If she had said that with any other girl I would have denied it but she said that about Riley and I was okay with that. I smiled to myself as I sang while packing.

"Son there is someone here to see you." I zipped up my bag and the person came up. It was Claire and her best friend Tiffany. "Hey Colton. So now that your done with that pill popper of a girl friend you can be with me." Tiffany pulled out her phone and Claire placed her lips on mine and I heard a camera snap. I pushed her off. "Get off of me." They ran away and snickered. I ran my hands through my hair and my phone beeped. It was from Riley.

Princess<3: Hey love, I'm going to stay at Victoria's tonight and we will meet you boys in the morning. Love you lots babe xoxo.

Colton: I love you to.

I will tell her tomorrow what happened. I can't tell her over the phone. I got my stuff and headed downstairs. "Is Riley coming over for dinner?" I shook my head and sat down at the dinner table. "If those two girls ever come to our front door again don't let them in." They both nodded and we started eating. I hope Claire doesn't do anything with that picture.

Riley's POV

"Um Riley? Are you and Colton still together?" I looked at her confused as hell. "And why wouldn't we be?" She held her phone in my face and I felt a million emotions. I grabbed the phone out of her hand and looked at it. Colton and Claire were kissing and Claire had but the caption "Oh my gosh I'm going to miss you so much while your camping baby! I love you!"

I gave her back her phone and laid back on her bed and cried into her pillow. Stupid fucking Claire. "Im sorry Riley." Victoria rubbed my back soothingly and I just cried. "Tori, I almost gave my virginity away to him earlier." Her mouth dropped open and she pulled me into a hug. "Oh no sweetie it's okay. Maybe there is a mix up. I will tell the guys that they can go on the trip and you and I will hang out at your house." I shook my head. "No you go have fun on the trip just tell the guys I'm not feeling good and I want to be alone." She nodded and ran out to the kitchen. I grabbed my phone and saw that I was getting a lot of texts and calls from Colton so I just turned my phone off and cried.

Victoria came back with a packet of skittle, some ice cream, and dr. pepper. "It's movie and snack time." She put on Dumbo and we began eating our snacks and I tried to wipe my tears away and forget about the liar for tonight.

I closed my eyes and tried to sleep but my mind kept wandering back to him. What if he didn't really love me? Why would he do that? Then again it's Claire, maybe she framed the whole thing. I went back to the picture and Colton had commented on the picture "I love you to Claire bear." I took some deep breaths trying not to wake up Victoria and I laid her phone back down and turned on my side. On her wall she had a pictures and one of them was of Shane, Colton, Victoria, and I all sitting under a tree. I stared at Colton's face before turning my head and going to sleep.

I woke up to Victoria talking on the phone. "Hey Colton. Riley is going to stay home for the camping trip she isn't feeling well." She was silent for a second letting me know that he was talking. "No don't stay home with her, she wants to be alone. She doesn't want to get anyone sick." I sighed and combed my fingers through my hair and threw my hair into a bun. "Ok I will tell her. Bye Colton." Victoria sat down next to me and rubbed my back.

"He wanted me to tell that he loves you and hopes you feel better." I got butterflies again, no I am supposed to be mad at him. "That's wonderful, but you have to get to Shane's house and I need to go home, so have fun camping tori, love you girly." I hugged her before beginning my walk home. I wrapped my arms around myself and rubbed my hands up and down on my arms. Damn cold.

I can't believe he would do that to me. He told me he was in love with me. Then he goes and tells Claire he loves her, god! I am so stupid, I really believe everything he said to me, I believe he loved me and cared about me.

I walked into my house and saw Colton's phone laying on the counter. What was it doing here? He used it this morning to call Victoria. I picked it up and unlocked it. It was logged into Claire's account. What? So he was serious about loving Claire. She had pictures posted of them kissing and hugging. I locked the phone and slammed it down. "God she is such a bitch." I heard footsteps and turned around. "It isn't nice to call people bad names, now is it?"