009 ╰► THE WORLD IN HER EYES

THE SCORCHING SUN GLARES ACROSS Y/N'S SKIN AS SHE STARED ACROSS THE BRIGHT BLUE SEA

THE SCORCHING SUN GLARES ACROSS Y/N'S SKIN AS SHE STARED ACROSS THE BRIGHT BLUE SEA. News spread around about Eren escaping his cell. 

When Y/N heard the news from her comrades, her heart dropped as she didn't want to believe that Eren was turning into a bad guy. 

"It's all gonna be fine... Surely, Eren wouldn't do such a thing, right?" She muttered.

Y/N went on top of her horse and then made her way towards Wall Sina. Once she arrived, she was escorted towards Niccolo's restaurant. She had no idea why the recruits wanted her to but she followed them anyway.

When she was escorted to the room at the end of a hall, her eyes widened as she saw Mikasa, Armin, Gabi and Eren sitting on a table. "Come in, Y/N. Please take a seat."

She hesitantly sat beside Eren and placed her hand on the table.

"We're going ahead." The red head yelled from the other side of the door.

"Okay" Eren answered him

"That voice... Floch must've come." Armin mumbled

"Yeah. I wanted... to talk with you guys. We don't need to fight to solve Eldia's problems,"

Y/N shifted uncomfortably in her seat. 

He continued, "Don't worry about Hange and your friends. We're moving them somewhere else, that's all."

"Eren, we're the ones who wanted to talk to you. Why did you decide to attack Marley on your own?  Did Zeke and Yelena really convince you to join them?" Armin questioned.

"I am free. No matter what I do or how I do it, I'm acting of my own free will."

"Are you actually, Eren?" Y/N asked.

He ignored Y/N and proceeded to stay silent. 

"Even what you did after you met Yelena? That's your own free will?" Armin questioned once again.

"Yeah."

Mikasa spoke up and said, "No You're being manipulated. You'd never get innocents or children involved, even those from an enemy nation. And you care about us more than anything else! Am I wrong? Back when you saved me in that cabin in the mountains, when you wrapped this scarf around me, that was your kindness--"

He cut her off, with no real expression. "I said keep your hands on the table,"

"I hid myself in Liberio and spoke with Zeke. Brother to brother. I learned a lot then. Zeke know more than Marley does." He continued. "Armin. You're still going to see Annie, aren't you? Do you choose to do that or is it Bertholdt?"

"Huh?! What do you mean?!" Armin exclaimed

"If memories play a major role in forming who a person is, that means part of you became Bertholdt. A part of an enemy soldier that feels love for another enemy soldier is influencing your judgement. You, an adviser to Eldia, Holder of one of the Ten Titans. You weren't soft like this before. You never backed the enemy. Your judgement always led us to an answer. But now, all you say is 'Let's talk'... You're absolutely useless"