032 ╰► THE WORLD IN HIS EYES

TW: MENTIONS OF STABBING

"EREN..." He turned his head towards the direction of that voice and saw her standing there.

He motioned for her to sit down on the bench beside him as he left out a huge sigh. "It's been months, hasn't it?" Eren asked, with no expression whatsoever. "Are you here because they sent you?"

"No... I'm here to talk to you in my own free will," The (h/c) girl gave him a small smile. "Me and Alice miss you so much... Why did you have to go?"

"I had my reasons," He then grabbed her hand and started rubbing circles with thumb on it. "How's Alice?"

"She's learning so much things now... She drew so much drawings of us, being a happy family."

A wave of guilt rushed through Eren upon hearing that come out from his wife's mouth. He knew that Y/N only wanted all three of them to be together, happily.

"I'll be back soon... I wanna see Alice before I die."

Y/N immediately looked at Eren, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. "You're not actually planning on dying, aren't you?"

"I'm sorry Y/N--"

"But you domised! You promised that you won't ever disappear on us! I mean, you did disappear on both me and Alice months ago but that's different! I don't want you to die sooner than the time you actually had to die!"

Y/N was crying on Eren's shoulder as she hugged him tightly. She was his weakness. He knew that he couldn't keep the promise they both made to each other ever since they were cadets.

"Alright, Y/N. I promise to not die." He flashed on a fake smile as he caressed her (h/c) hair.

━━━

"D-DADDY? WHY A-ARE YOU INSIDE A CELL?" The small three year old girl uttered as she looked up at her father.

Feeling hesitant, Eren answered, "I... I did something bad, Alice."

"Bad? But you're a good person, daddy!"

Y/N looked at the two with a slight smile. "Alice, darling... Daddy's there because... He's doing it for all of us. Don't worry, he's not a bad person..."

Eren looked at her, with tears forming in his eyes. He crouched down to Alice's level and caressed her cheek. "Alice, whatever happens, don't forget how much me and Mommy loves you, alright?"

Alice tried to hug Eren with her small hands through the iron bars. "Alright! But please come home with us! I miss you so much!"

"I miss him as well, Alice but he can't go out yet. It's too dangerous."

"But--"

"Alice, it's fine. I'll go back home with you guys soon enough."

Y/N then stood up and carried Alice. She then went towards Eren and pecked him in the lips. "Keep promise, alright? I love you, Eren."