2.

I am woken up with smashing sounds coming from downstairs. I check my phone to see it's already 12:00.
I slept late yesterday thinking about the sudden turn of events. Another loud banging sound echoes and I rush downstairs not bothering about my night dress.

The sight that greets me leaves me shocked, nervous and angry all at once. I haven't ever seen such a murderous expression on Izaan's face as if he has been robbed off of all his inheritance. What got him so enraged like a bull?

Just then he turns around and our eyes meet. I freeze in my spot, looking at the myriad of emotions flashing his eyes that I have never seen before. He walks towards me, standing just a few inches away staring into my soul as if trying to find something,

" Why did you agree to this? How the hell could you even think of marrying me? All this while I thought you were my innocent little cousin but guess not

" Why did you agree to this? How the hell could you even think of marrying me? All this while I thought you were my innocent little cousin but guess not. Don't you dare for a second there think you can have me. I am disgusted with you!" He spats at me eyeing me like I am trash walking into his room leaving a messed up room and a broken heart in his wake.

I am struck in time, unable to recognise this intense rush of pain coursing through my body. Is that what you call a heartbreak? Man is it killing. I wish I didn't get up today, if I did get up I shouldn't have come out of that room. Even if I did come out, I shouldn't have come before that heartless man.

Thank God mama and papa aren't here. They visit an orphanage every Sunday. Taima walks towards me crying hysterically, hugging me.

"I am so sorry beta. You had to go through that. But don't worry, he won't ever behave like that with you again. And about this marriage, it is Razia Durrani's promise to you he will marry you without a ruckus." She says with determination in her eyes and goes into the kitchen.

I am standing in my spot for what could have been just minutes but it felt like an eternity. Izaan hates the idea of marrying me so much he nearly destroyed the entire house and spoke to me in a tone he hasn't ever used on me before. Why Izaan? Why do you hurt me so much? What's wrong with loving you? It's okay if those bimbos that are after your money approach you but I can't even love you purely because it's just you?

I have no strength to face anyone anymore so I directly enter my room locking it and fall on my bed again.
Though I just got up, I want to do nothing but close my eyes and block out everything that just happened. That's all I am going to do. Is it an indication from Allah? What just happened downstairs is giving me an idea of what this marriage is going to be like. A total disaster. That's what this is going to turn out into.

Stop it Noorie. Don't be so negative. Izaan is my love. I can't give up on him already. You are strong enough to win him over. Don't worry, he will fall for you soon enough.

With that determination, I get out of bed get dressed and decide to spend the day outside the house to avoid this depressing environment and anymore encounters with Zaan.