Epilogue.

Hooriya.

"What are humans but broken pieces of dreams, expectations and plans." I whisper to the winds as my tresses flow freely in the air, a cup of coffee in my hands.

"The twist in the tale is that the pieces can be joined back to perfection with deep rooted love." Am I hallucinating? Because I can hear him now. I turn around in shock only to find him standing there in flesh. A black button down shirt and jeans and his hands tucked in their pockets, he looks just perfect.

"What are you doing here?" I question trying to keep a check on my thumping heart.

He walks casually towards me like he has all the time in the world, his eyes taking me in. He stands close to me, too close for my liking. Before I can pull back, his hands find my shoulders tugging me forward. He drops his head on my shoulder, inhaling me in. He murmurs something that I couldn't hear.

He then straightens up, looking at me with a glint in his eyes.

"I am here to invite the Patel family for a Khan wedding." The fuck did he just say? My hands fist my dress tightly lest I slap him. The fury in my eyes somehow  seems to amuse him if his chuckle is any evidence. Glad he finds my helplessness amusing.

I push him hard on his chest, and I can proudly state he stumbled back. Before he recovers, I use both my hands to push him on the ground.

"Ouch!" He let's out. Yes. Ouch. The guts this bloody man has.

I bend on either side of his torso, holding his collar to pull it up so his face is close to mine.

"Maardungi. Jaan se maardungi agar kisi aur se shaadi karne ka socha bhi to", I threaten in a dangerous voice but all this maniac can do is grin. I hit his chest with strong fists and he let's me. When I am finally exhausted, I slump on his body. My eyes betraying me as they shed tears of happiness at seeing him. He rubs my back soothingly kissing my hair repeatedly.

Why is he being so affectionate today? What are you doing Hooriya? He is here to invite your family for his wedding and you are jumping on him like you have never seen a man in your life.

I sit up on his abdomen, coming out of his embrace. His hands slide to my waist, holding me protectively. All his actions scream he loves me too, but his words.

"Leave me. Just go back to your fiancé. Just leave me alone." I try to get up from  him but he doesn't let me.

"How can I leave you alone when I have strict orders from the Sarpanch of Vijayapet to get his daughter home? Because who else will look after all the preparations of the wedding if not the you" Did he hit his head somewhere? Now he wants me to take charge of his wedding?

"Main nai aarahi. Kisi decorator ko bulalein aap. Main hargiz nahin aaungi. " I state firmly.

"Oh! Sad. Dad will be very disappointed if his beloved daughter won't attend his own wedding."

"Do whatever you want to. I wo-..... wait. What? His wedding?" I gasp in surprise. What is happening?

He pulls my head down, staring deeply into my eyes. "Yes. His wedding. He finally decided to confess to Saroj chachi, oops now she would my ammi. So yeah, they are getting nikaahfied next week. And he has told strictly nobody but you will do all the arrangements." He says as if bored out of his mind to repeat the same lines.

I can only stare at him in shock. I mean, I knew Abbaji had a thing for Saroj chachi but wasn't it his son's wedding coming. Please tell me Asad dropped the idea of marrying that witch.

He seems to catch on my confusion as he places his head in my neck, his warm lips touching my mole. Don't get  distracted Hooriya. First listen to what he has to say.