18.

Hooriya.

"Saroj chachi! Please take care of Abbaji. He needs you." I tell her holding her hands, but she can't stop crying which brings tears to my eyes as well. I just turn away from her letting a lone tear slip. I then move towards Abbaji who wouldn't even look at me. He has been my father all through my stay at the haveli. I wish I had more time with him but destiny is a cruel ringmaster.

"Abbaji, meri aakhri baat maan lein. Nikaah karlein Saroj chachi se. Aapko bohot chahti hain." I speak to Abbaji in hushed whispers softly so that she doesn't hear. Abbaji looks at me with pride in his eyes.

"My son forced you to leave your own home and you still care about  his family. Why are you so selfless Hooriya. Why can't you just ask him to stop this wedding? We will fight him in the court if he doesn't. We will find a way out. Just don't leave, the haveli is incomplete without you now." Abbaji says helplessly and it pains me heart to see this powerful man losing his whims.

I still shake my head, tears pouring out of eyes as I try to articulate my vocals to speak. "It's about acceptance Abbaji. Not forcing our decisions on someone. If he feels I am not his match, that's what it must be. Please don't make this anymore difficult than it already is."

He pats my head reluctantly trying to smile for me.

I sit in the car quickly, rubbing my eyes to stop the tears. The driver speeds off as I keep staring at the haveli I had vowed to keep happy. Guess some promises are meant to be broken.

The moment we enter Sarjung, the smell of mogra flowers fills my nose and I know I am home. I rush into the family house the moment car stops. I see ammi and Amena waiting for me. I hug them tears flowing freely from my eyes. My mother's warmth helps me calm down.

"Kaisa hai mera bacha?" Ammi asks and all I can do is nod. Not wanting to fill in the details.

"Baji, aapto badi mature lag rahi hain . Aisi to nahi thi aap jate waqt." That's my sister Ameena for you. I squeeze her ear and she shrieks running off for me to chase her. When I finally catch hold of her, we hug tightly shedding tears.

After the reunion I go into my old room, reliving all the old memories. The rest of the day was spent in dodging memories that had him.

Asad Khan.

She is gone. Gone. Forever. She left me. How can she do that? Without even informing her husband, she fled.

I shut the door behind me and my eyes scan the room, I see a piece of cloth in a far corner on the couch. I pick it up, her natural scent wafting from it. It's her kurti, the same one which I had removed from her body yesterday. I sniff it again trying to feel my Hoor in it.

I know why she left it here, she doesn't want anything to do with things that hold my memories. So you hate me that much Hoor?

I slide down on the sofa keeping the cloth on me. All I can remember after I left yesterday from her room is her figure. Her glowing skin under mine. Her moaning my name. It was the most beautiful sight to have seen. When she asked me to leave, my heart pricked. It hurt so much to know she doesn't want me.

But that hurt is nothing compared to the amount of pain I am feeling right now. I can't even imagine the horror of living a life without her in it. It feels like a punishment, for a sin too big.

In my anger and resentment, how did I fail to see she was my only anchor. How did I fail to foresee that she might leave me one day. The revenge that I so nicely planned backfired in my ass. It doesn't even make sense to me now, how did I become this cruel. In my blind anger, I hurt the only person who has my heart.

Hoor. Come back. Come back to your Asad. I can't live without you. I can't. It feels suffocating, to know that I won't see her again. Why are you punishing me like this Hoor? Please don't put me through this. I can't take it. Just come back.

"Oh! So the Great Asad Khan is wallowing in self pity. Pray tell, Mr.Great why are you in my daughter's room? You rascal! Just leave already. It is because of you she had to leave her own home. Do you have any idea what she was to the haveli, to me? She took care of this entire haveli like her own. She took care of me like no other ever since she got married. She handled all the taunts of the people when you left her on the wedding day. All the men eye raping her had nobody to punch them. She is a Hoor, an angel. You don't deserve her. Now I am happy she took that decision. You deserve to live alone. Now enjoy with your so called fiancé. And leave my daughter's room this instant." Dad bellows breathing deeply I'm anger.

I can't stop the tears that flow down my eyes. The last I had cried was on my brother's funeral. I run towards Dad hugging him like I did when I was a kid. He was my saving grace. But I still chose to isolate from him when Mom died. That's probably why he didn't marry again. I was always an asshole.

"I am sorry Dad. Sorry for troubling you all these years. Please forgive me. I can't live without her dad. She is my lifeline. It feels suffocating. Dad please do something." I plead my sobs only intensifying.

Dad is frozen for a second there but then shockingly he hugs me back. Running his hand on my head. After I have calmed down, he wipes the remaining tears.

"Ashu, stop crying. If you can't live without her then why did you pull this second wife drama? "

"I was stupid dad. I wanted to take revenge from her dad for not sentencing Fahad's criminals to death.   I am an idiot. I didn't realize until she left how essential she is for my survival." I say gulping.

Dad shakes his head in disappointment.

"Asad, even though the Sarpanch administers the village there are rules that need to be followed. He can't give death sentence for just beating someone they deemed a threat. It is not in his hands. And would Fahad want you to destroy the only source of happiness in your life just for some petty revenge?"

I shake my head trying to remember why did I make this stupid ass mistake. I am getting too heavy a punishment for that though. Why did you have to leave Hoor?

"Dad! What will I do now? How will I get her back? And above that, there is one friend of her who is trying to woo her for a long time now. If he so much as even tries to come in her proximity I am going to kill him with my bare hands."

"Calm down. Asad, you have better business than getting jealous over someone right now. Just keep in mind you have to convince her you regret your decision. Okay?"

"But Dad I know her. She won't come back that easily."

"Oh you underestimate you dad boy. I have a splendid plan for getting her back." He whispers excitedly like a school girl. Isn't he too excited for this plan?