Epilogue.

Noor's  POV

FIVE YEARS LATER.

" Zaar!!! Zaar!!! Go Zaar!!!", the adrenaline coursing through my body seems as if I am on the track instead of her. Almost there. Allah, just let her cross the ribbon. Yeah!!!!?

"Yes!!! She won dammit. Ashfa my daughter made me so proud today." This is the first time in the last five minutes I turn towards her, Ashfa also having a winning glint in her eyes.

She hugs me tightly, "I am so happy to see your real smile after a long time". My smile disappeared instantly hearing her comment. No Noorie. Don't go there. Red flag.

"Momma, I wanna go there and hug Gul too. Look that guy is hugging her, he might crush her with his hold. Come on Momma. Be fast. Or I will go there myself and punch him." Comes the boyish but cute voice of her cute little son, Ahad. I laugh at his jealousy, he is already so protective over Zaar. Surprisingly, inspite of being married after us, Ashfa and Riz popped out their baby before us.

Ahad is five years old whereas my munchkin is three. He runs towards her as fast as he can and separates the other toddler hugging her.

"Gul, stay away from him. He isn't a good boy." And Zaar happily nods hugging the life out of him, her hug seems to melt all his worry as he wraps her in his embrace almost immediately. The other boy walks off not before stomping his feet. My girl is a charmer already.

After they have had their time together, Zaar runs to me, "Muma, I won the running race". I smile proudly.

"Congratulations baby. You can eat as many scoops of chocolate ice-cream as you want today. " And she squeals in excitement whispering in Ahad's ears about how they are going to have fun.

I sigh, at least my daughter is happy.

"Ashfa, I have to go to the clinic. Will you drop Zaar at the mansion on your way?" She nods and I am off to work. The one place that can give me an escape from reality without being questioned.

8 hours later.

I slump on the chair exhausted. There were a lot more patients than the usual today. I check out of the reception and tell Martha we are done for the day. I lose my balance while walking to the car. Goodness, my head hurts like a bitch. When the blurry vision fades, I slowly tread towards my car unlocking it. I drive towards the mansion as slowly as I can. Though my baby must be waiting  for me, the place haunts me. Nothing feels good there.

I just feel suffocated there, everything reminds me of him. The lounge of our cuddles while watching the movie, the dining table of his hand teasing me under the table, the bathroom of all the times we showered together, and that bedroom. I don't even feel like going there, I just sleep there so that the family doesn't get suspicious.

I wish I could stop living, I hate this feeling, without his scent engulfing me, without his gaze focussed on me without blinking for a second while I dress up, without his possessive hold on my waist, I feel half. As if I have been brutally attacked by the merciless monotony. As if the world is conspiring against me. It is, it is doing everything it can to keep me away from him.

Stop the depressing thoughts Noorie, just go there and behave as if his absence doesn't matter. He doesn't matter anymore. I hate him. I always will. Yes, that's the spirit Noorie.

With that, I Noor Sajid Durrani solemnly resolve to put in every bit of my acting to use and  not think of that man. With that being said, I enter into the living room. The loud chatters among the members leaving me confused because it's been quiet ever since he left us.