9.

Suman Malik.

I step aside from the table and tap Daniyal's shoulder meanwhile eyeing Gaddi Nasheen to join me. Because there's no other way out now. I won't do the gul poshi, no matter what.

"Daniyal maine kaha tha na, kuch mat karna", I whisper yell at him with a smiling expression.

Daniyal whispers back, " Aur bhabhijaan maine bhi apse kaha tha, Huda se mai gul poshi nahi karwaunga"

While I am talking to Daniyal, Gaddi Nasheen walks towards us and I thank all the stars for his move. As he reaches us, his supreme cologne engulfs me and I am swayed for a moment, forgetting everything else.

But I can't, he loves Huda api. So I slightly step away from him while he badges Daniyal up and puts the medals in his neck, officially giving him the tile he deserves.

Once he is done, both men share a manly hug but I can see stiffness on Daniyal's end. Then Gaddi Nasheen announces in his dominant voice, " Khair Mubarak ho sabko, Khilb ki hifazat ka zimma aaj se Daniyal Ahmed Pir ka hai, ye honge Khilb ke Military Commander"

Then Daniyal is made to take an oath in honor of protecting the country.

And the crowd goes crazy over the announcement. I smile in glee, once again patting Daniyal.

I grab the mike from Gaddi Nasheen, "Aaj ki khushkhabri yahi par khatam nahi hoti. Daniyal ka Nikah meri khas dost, Zaima Nazeer ke sath tai hua hai. Aap sab inko apni dua me shamil kare."

One more round of applause rings in the hall and we soon ask the kazi sahab to proceed with the Nikah.

Through the Nikah, Gaddi Nasheen was back to standing and talking with Huda api while I was left alone. With nothing better to do, I go back to standing with Sahir who was just as lonely if not more.

I would greet people whenever they would talk to me, occasionally glancing at Zaimi to make sure she is okay and seeing if Daniyal needs something. Other than that, I had nothing better to do for the rest of the function.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I have just changed out of the heavy wedding outfit when my head maid Rakeena enters with my night oil. But with her facial expressions i already know she is up for some gossip.

I sigh, tired and so not in the mood for this.

"Salam Mallika-e-Khilb! Mai abhi Huda begun ke kamre se guzarte aa rahi hu. Zor zor se awazein sunai de rahi thi to socha kuch der darwaze par teher ke chalu", she whispers like she is about to let out the biggest secret.

"Kyun Rakeena, tum mere kamre ke bahar bhi yahi karti ho kya?", I question trying to not be too rude.

"Arre baat to suniye Mallika-e-Khilb! Apke kaam ki hai. Pata hai apko Gaddi Nasheen kamre me the, aur dono lad rhe the. Huda begum keh rahi thi unse ye nahi hoga. Ab kya nahi hoga ye to Allah jane. Aur Gaddi Nasheen unhe manane ki koshish kar rhe the, keh rahe the wo sare haq sirf unko dena chahte hai. Phir Huda begum kuch aise boli, wo behen hai meri Fayaz. Mai ye uske sath kabhi nahi kar sakti"

"Bas Rakeena. Bahut suna chuki ho, ab tel idhar lao aur malish karo meri. Peet me dard hai mere", I ask her while laying down comfortably on the recliner.

I unfasten my robe and sleep on my chest, she does her work and I moan each time she does an excellent job. No matter how much of a snitch Rakeena is, she is hella good at her job.

"Shukriya Rakeena, bahut rahat hui tumhari malish se", I mumble sleepy.

"Ye kuch nhi hai Mallika-e-Khilb. Kuch bhi kaam pade to mujhe turant awaz lagaiye. Aur jate jate, chota mu badi baat karungi. Apki behen apse dagabazi nahi karegi, khot to apke sikke me hai Mallika", she leaves quickly while closing the door behind her.