4.

Amyra's POV.

The moment I enter the room, I am amused to be greeted with a rolling Aman on the floor who is trying so hard to control his laughter and my baby has a weird expression on his face. It looks like a mixture of a grimace and crying. What just happened in my absence?

"Aly, kya kiya tune mere bete ko?"

All this maniac does is roll more on the floor laughing

All this maniac does is roll more on the floor laughing. I pick up my baby who sticks to me instantly staring at Aman as if he has gone crazy. Yes baby, your father has lost it. Finally, after a half an hour filled with him laughing and straining his lungs so much that he coughed, he sobered up and looked back at us.

"Tum dono mujhe aise kyun dekh rahe ho jaise main koi khooni hun?"

"Hogaya tera drama? Ab ye bata mere bete ke saath kya kiya?"

"Maine kuch nai kiya Mother Teresa. Main bas wo tez chips kha raha tha aur tumhara beta use hi dekhe jaraha tha. To maine socha khila dete hain. And he gave that weird expression that had me laughing hard." He says and again starts laughing.

I shake my head at this man child, kissing my son's forehead. But I must say, he looked so carefree while laughing. This is the first time in the last seven days that we have been married that I am seeing his laughter. Maybe, Faizu is the reason he can come out of his painful phase.

Now I feel guilty for even thinking of separating this man from his son. Who is the soul reason for his happiness. Thank goodness I didn't proceed with what i initially planned. Moreover, this way I got back my best friend.

I walk with Faizu towards his father and bend him over his father who is wiping his tears that escaped while laughing. Faizu runs his fingers on his father's face slapping his cheeks slightly. Aman immediately takes him in his arms mumbling sorry and peppering him with quick kisses.

Haaaye! Aren't they the cutest? Nazar na lage.

I settle down beside them running my fingers through my baby's hair.

"Why did you call me"

"Tomorrow is the weekend. So I was thinking let's go to the mall or something." He says his eyes on Faizu.

"What will Faizu do at the mall? Let's take him to an amusement park or maybe just a picnic spot."

"At the Orchid mall, there is a gaming section for kids. Like an arena filled with balloons where they can play and interact with other kids. They also have rides for them." He goes on.

Well I wouldn't know that since I wasn't here for the last two years.

"Theek hai, to phir wahin chalte hain. Aaj to jaldi aagaya tu."

He sighs shifting to get a comfortable position, he props his elbow on the ground as his body slides down completely in a sleeping position supported by his elbow.

"Haan aaj kaam khatam hogaya tha aur manager leave pe tha to maine socha nikal lete hain." Faizu is looking dazed at the huge bear his dad got him. He is a curious kid, observing things keenly.

Aly suddenly turns towards me, his eyes mischievous. Pata nai kya bawander aayega ab.

"Aur ye kya Tu, tum laga rakha hai begum. Shohar hun main, Izzat se baat karo ab." He says humour lining his tone.

"Kaheka shohar, tujhe to meri jooti bhi respect na de." I say with full attitude.

"Theek hai phir, maine doosri shaadi karleni hai. Oops, sorry teesri. Ab izzat karne wali biwi ka swaad hamein bhi chakhna hai." What does he mean by that? Did his first wife no respect him? The question is at the tip of my tongue but I swallow it. What if he goes back to blank mode. Na baba na. Yeh aise hi theek hai.

"Karle, maine kya farak padhna hai. Main to ulta khush hojaoungi. Tu uske saath busy hoga to mujhe mere bete ke saath zyada waqt milega." I grin.

He looks at me like I have lost it, then bursts out laughing. "Tujhe sirf Faiz se fark padta hai na? Baki sari duniya bhaad mein bhi chali jaaye. Tune palak nai jhapkaani jab tak tere paas Faiz hai."

True that. But what is he laughing so hard about? Kahin iski finally satak to nai gayi? Biwi khone ke gham mein shohar paagal hogya aise to pehli baar  news mein sunenge log.

He turns sides trying to put his other hand under his head. So I pull his head into my lap, he would be uncomfortable again. He moves slightly to get a comfortable position and resumes his watch on Faiz.

"Achcha, ye bata tu shaadi wale din mujhse itna khafa kyun tha?" I ask running my fingers through his hair.

"Aur nahin to kya tujhe gale laga leta? Do saal, do saal tune mudkar nai dekha. I was your best friend for God's sake. You abandoned me like I was nothing. In fact, I had told you not to leave town, as selfish as that sounded. I didn't want to stay away from you but you didn't listen. Meri ek nai suni. Upar se meri shaadi bhi nai attend ki." He grumbled complaining like a kid.

How could I attend his marriage? I wasn't happy. I was so heart broken when mom told me he was getting married just after a few months of me leaving. It felt like he was being snatched from me. I tried so hard to ignore the fact that I will now have to share my best friend. But I couldn't. I betrayed him as a friend. A true friend would be happy for him. But I wasn't. So I just decided to stay back like the coward I am.

"Sorry na. Maine naya naya course complete kiya tha. Aur bada junoon tha job karne ka, independent hone ka. Aur usi thrill mein tujhe bhool gayi. Rahi baat teri shaadi ki, to tune mujhe invite hi nahin kiya. Wo to Mamijaan ne call kiya tha. Aise lag raha tha formality kar rahin hain." I told him the half truth.

He looks into my eyes analysing upon my words and then turns his head away. Hope he didn't catch the truth in them. How will I explain to him my lack of happiness for his marriage? When I myself don't know why I behaved like that back then.

I was actually angry at him for making such big decisions without consulting me. I mean, I was the one he shared with the details of his nightmares also. And suddenly I couldn't take the blow of his marriage. I just knew I couldn't and wouldn't willingly share my best friend with another girl. I don't know how to explain my possessiveness towards him without coming off as desperate.

And above that this sudden marriage between us, people pushing us from all sides to take the next step. I don't want to complicate anything more than it already is.

"Alyyy, naaraz kyun horaha hai? Bola na I am sorry." I hold my ears with a pout like I used to in childhood. And he would instantly forgive me. Looks like I need to polish my charms considering the fact that he didn't melt instantly.

"Alyyyy", I whine more and that catches my baby's attention as now he  looks up for the first time from his toys. He begins crawling slowly towards us.

"Maine tere baal kheenchne hain agar tune maaf nai kiya to." I say now coiling my fingers in his neatly combed hair. He immediately gets up, almost scared.

"Okay, okay. Apology accepted." He breathes out in relief. His hair was always his weakness and I made sure to use it against him. What guy doesn't like his hair intact? He is among those that love to cherish their hair and wouldn't let even a fly touch their setting.

I smile in triumph as he picks up Faizu and again laying his head in my lap, but this time an enthusiastic Faizu sitting on his chest. I resume my work in his hair.

Perhaps, someday I can tell you without a hitch how important you are to me Aly. Someday.