17.

Amyra Sadaf.

"Aly mujhe Kuch batana tha. Kahan jaa raha hai. Ek minute ruk to!" I keep blabbering something or the other for him to stop. His movements don't stop even for a split second, he resumes his work on his half gelled hair after his watch is fixed.

I fell asleep very late yesterday after texting him again and again. When I woke up, surprisingly Aly was on the bed beside me and Faizu and what's more! We were completely wrapped in his arms, tucked close to his heart and I finally felt peace, even if it was for a few minutes.

For some absurd reason, he wouldn't even look at me much less talk from the moment his eyes opened. I tried every trick in the book there is to grab his attention but this jackass wouldn't budge.

Astagfirullah! Amyra shohar hain tumhare. Izzat se naam lo.

Ugh! Fine.

"Aji suniye!" I try imitating the desi way of addressing him. And boom. He stops. His body stiffens and he turns to look at me with widened baby blue eyes that I fell so hard and deep for.

A smirk quickly adorns my lips, wouldn't know this could help. Whatever it takes. Thank God Faizu is with Mamijaan. Otherwise my seductive as hell saree walk from the closet to the dressing table where he is currently standing wouldn't be as confident as it is now.

His eyes rake my figure with what I am damn sure is a parched throat. I purposely grab my pleated pallu from my left side and bring it to my right side of the waist tucking it into the under skirt. He gulps loudly looking at my now exposed belly button, serves him right for ignoring me continuously. I know I am taking advantage of the situation but he left me no other option.

Never thought I would be this desperate for his attention, but I am. Clearly accepting it wouldn't make me any less of a woman, having all of his attention is my right and I am definitely exercising it.

I stand just an inch away from him, my own breathing hitched when I feel his scent rushing past my nostrils. Why does it feel so homey? Focus Amyra, focus.

I take his right hand placing it on my waist and hold his left one in my hand, he had clasped it two holes behind. I know he always likes his watch fixed at one place and not lose to move around his wrist. So I remove it from where he had previously clasped and fixed it correctly all the while his eyes are on me and his other hand cups my waist.

After I have fixed his watch I take his gel in my hand spraying it slightly on his hair.

"Kal study room mein Imtiyaz Faizu ko lene ke liye meri chair tak aaya tha aur last moment pe Faizu gaya nai. Wo wapas mere gale lag gaya isliye Imtiyaz apna balance kho kar ham dono par girta usse pehle usne chair pakadli. Aur tum usi waqt aagaye. Mujhe pata hai tumhe koi fark nahin padta isse lekin meri zimmedari thi tumhe batana.

Aur jo parson Saniya ko lekar maine kaha, mujhe ehsaas hai ki wo bahut galat tha. I am sorry. Mujhe pata hai mera koi haq nahin hai tumhare past par koi sawaal karne ka aur isse tumhari sentiments hurt hui hain. Tune mujhe kitni baar maaf kiya hai, ek baar aur sahi. Please! I am sorry." By now all his hair were perfectly gelled and he looked like a model. I place my head on his chest, hugging him tightly.

He doesn't respond, his hands refuse to cocoon me under his embrace. Tears trickle down my cheeks and I can't seem to stop them. He is too hurt with my words. I don't think he will forgive me this time. My stupid self had to get jealous and spew some shit that can't be erased now.

I understand that he can't bring himself to forgive and I guess I have to wait. Even if kills me to be apart from him. I release him from my hold stepping back, he turns his head the other way so I don't look at him. I take one last look at him and turn around waling out of the room, removing my tucked pallu.

"Ammu, main kabse tera wait kar rahi hun. Mujhe tujhse Kuch important baar karni hai." Pari says dragging me to the corridor. I furrow my brows in confusion. What is she doing here, yesterday in evening Imtiyaz and she shifted to a lodge nearby. He said he isn't comfortable here anymore. What happened to him suddenly that he decided to shift, I can't really say. But I couldn't force him.

"Kya hua Pari. Tu yahan kyun aagai? Tujhe bataya to tha ham log ek shaadi mein jaa rahe hain." I say distracted.

"Imtiyaz kal se bahut upset hai. Kuch hua hai kya kal? Wo bata nahin raha par bahut sad hai kalse."  Ab isko kya hogaya. Yahan meri life jhand ho rakhi hai, ye ek aur musibat kahan se tapak padi.

"Mujhe kya pata wo kyun sad hai Pari. Aur main use puchungi bhi kyun." I speak irritated. Ye Aly aaj kal kuch zyada hu bhaav kha raha hai.

She gasps in surprise.

"What has happened to you Ammu. You aren't the same Amyra anymore who was so dedicated to her work she forgot her meals. You didnt even bother asking what is the update about the current case. And you don't care what Imtiyaz is feeling? Weren't you there one who once told me you will marry Imtiyaz if you don't fall in love. Faiz and Aman were a pit stop and you just got stuck there.

I honestly thought you would soon be fed up of playing with that child and will come out of this marriage. Which was of convenience to begin with. How could you be so insensitive towards Imtiyaz, he has feelings for you and you just discarded him like a used tissue." Her venomous took me by surprise.

Before I could give her a piece of my mind, I turn around when I heard something crash. It was the vase on the table, but what widened my eyes was Aly's retreating back. Please tell me he didn't hear any of this.

"Look here Pari. I never dated Imtiyaz or anything for you to tell me I discarded him. It was always professional between us. When I told you I would just marry somebody like Imtiyaz and not Imtiyaz himself to be clear, I was just randomly saying and had no intention of implying anything.

And the child that you were talking about is my son, by all means. I hold more rights over him than his own biological mother would, Islamically, because I have fed him my own milk."

She gasps at that, her face still not softening but now displaying hurt, why is she feeling so bad for Imtiyaz?

"He is no plaything, he is my reason to live. And about marriage, then let me be very clear. I am already married, happily might I add. I love my husband and have no plans whatsoever of being separated from him. Now if I have satisfied your queries, I would like for you to leave my home." She is surprised at my indignant tone, we have been good friends for two years now but then the moment she disrespected my relation with my baby and husband, she had no place in my heart.

She turns around walking briskly towards the main door.

"And Pari! If you really like Imtiyaz, I think you should be upfront and tell him directly. Don't play these games with him when he is vulnerable." Her steps freeze for a while there but she doesn't turn back.

I sigh in frustration, why do problems keep piling up before me.

FROM NEVER TO HAPPILY EVER!On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara