6.

Author's POV

It's midnight by the time Izaan comes back into the house again. He had gone out for some fresh air after storming out of his study. He wanted to go to his usual place, the bar but something stopped him. Maybe it was the tortured look in her eyes when she saw him come with some bimbo. Or maybe the hope that he saw in her eyes today when he didn't resist her actions while taking the blazer out of his hands. Or maybe it's just her presence, both in his house and brain that he didn't feel like going to a bar tonight.

Something within him changed yesterday, he can't pinpoint but he sure has hell has realized he has begun seeing her in a different light now. Previously, she was just an adorable cousin that he admired. She has always been the princess of their home. He treated her like one too, up until the marriage that bound him to her.

He hates the shackles that it has put him into. He hates the fact that his father got the upper hand in deciding the matters of his life while it should have been him doing that. He loves the liberty that comes with the high of booze. The noisy atmosphere smelling of sex and alcohol wasn't the most pleasing sight to him the first time he witnessed it with his friends. But he eventually got used to it. So much that it became a regular thing.

He comes out of his thoughts when he almost crashes into the door before him. He raises his head to look around and realises he is before her bedroom. His eyebrows furrow, how did he come to her subconsciously?

Her room. You came to her room, not her. There is a difference. His conscious brain retorts.

He eventually enters, spotting her curled up in her bed. He walks closer watching the tear-stained cheeks and red nose she is sporting. Why does she cry so much over him?

It's not like she actually likes him. He got that confirmed when he saw her laughing freely with some asshole outside the cinema theater today when he went to pick her up. Infact, he had taken a bouquet for her and her favorite box of chocolates to apologise for what happened yesterday. He might not be the best example of a Muslim, but he knows how big of a sin zina( infidelity) is. Although he didn't sleep with that girl all thanks to his cute wife, he still thought of it and that's wrong too. He even had put on the clothes she left for him on his bed.

But when he watched her let another man hold her hand, something within him desired to set the world on fire right that instant. He wanted to go there and cut off him limbs for touching his woman.

What the hell Izaan, wasn't that why you fought with her today? Just so you could prove to yourself more than her that she isn't your woman. And now you are repeating the same mistake. His conscious retorts.

He sighs, he has been fighting this battle ever since he got married. He doesn't even know why she agreed to marry him. He initially thought she wanted to continue with the luxury life of Durrani's but that can't be because he knows her. She isn't money hungry. Then what could have possibly forced her  to accept this marriage?

He knows she is a pure woman. By heart and by body. She deserves so much better than him. That's one more reason why he can't allow her closer to him.

Come on  Izaan. What are you doing here? What will you explain to her if she wakes up?

He walks out of her room not before putting the comforter over her head. He just has to behave like she doesn't exist for him. He cant hurt her anymore by spewing some shit that he doesn't even mean. Because it is also hurting him back to see the tears in her eyes. She is after all his little cousin, whom he admires so much. She will eventually leave him.

He goes to bed that night with her pure black eyes staring right back at him until he slips out of consciousness.

The next morning comes as slowly as Noor wanted it to, she finally  wakes when her alarm goes off. She reads Namaz and then again goes to sleep because she had nothing else to do.

She has now decided to steer clear of Izaan's path. He doesn't acknowledge her as his wife also, the mere thought of him loving her back seems impossible. Not that she has completely given up on him, there is still that stupid corner of her heart that keeps wishing for him. She knows it will always be there.

She realized it's harder to win him than she previously thought and it's taking a toll on her studies. She needs to focus more on her studies. But she won't back away from her responsibilities.

She cooked his morning meal, then set up his clothes and went to her college without coming infront of him.

And the same routine continues for the upcoming few months with her trying to stay away and him trying to find his balance again.