15.

Suman Malik

" Now we would like to call on board, the gold medalist. The one who finished honours with the highest score, Suman Fayaz Ahmed with her respected family to the stage to recieve her token of appreciation!"

And that's it, I have made it. I walk with grace from the line of students standing, while he begins walking from the parents' section. Both of us step up on the dias from opposite sides and  when my eyes lock with his,  they were shining with so much pride and his body language screams how happy he is.

I shake hands with the guest of honour, and recieve the degree while he is congratulated by our principal and both of us are made to stand together for a picture. His hands settle against my shoulder and he pushes me into his body when the picture is clicked. Then we walk hand in hand from the dias.

I take a deep breath, smiling giddily. Made it.

"Congratulations Suman!"

"Thank you Gaddi Nasheen. Aap aye, ye bahut badi baat hai mere liye." His smile quickly morphs into blankness.

He decides to ignore my chide, "Chalo, let's get your stomach filled. I know just the right place to take you." Then he grabs my hand which seems too real to exist walking towards the exit. I wave my friends goodbye and settle into the passenger seat.

Whoa, the Rolls Royce is fully repaired now. No broken glasses. I made sure his hand got professional help the first thing in the morning today.

Whoa Suman. You fit fast into the wife duties again. No self respect huh?

My mood sours again at the thought, Suman you are supposed to be avoiding him. Forget avoiding, you are supposed to be indifferent.

"I am not hungry, and even if you are I don't care. Now listen to me carefully Mr.Ahmed, I am not going back to Khilb. I have gotten my degree but I have decided I will stay here. I will carve a life out here for myself, starting with a job.

So thank you for being here as my guardian, you can go back when you wish to."

He looks at me dejectedly, his eyes dulling with sadness.

"But you don't even have a proper residence here, you were sharing that dingy room with that friend of yours. Atleast let me buy you a penthouse here?", he says weakly.

I scrunch my nose at him, "I am not your concern anymore Mr.Ahmed. I told you already, what you did was unforgivable. And even though, I want to forgive you so bad, without a proper apology at that, I cannot."

He nods, with no further words. And then drives back to my apartment.

There is sickening silence all through the drive, and I wish I could slam his head into a wall. No efforts whatsoever.

I get down the moment his tyres stop, I look up to see it's not my apartment. It's the suite he is currently occupying.

"Ap mujhe yaha kyu le aye hai?", I state crossing my arms making a pissed off expression, but I have no idea why I am not actually that pissed off. Perhaps it's because of the slightly crooked bowtie around his neck, that keeps grabbing my attention. Or maybe it's his smell, that made every girl in the convocation look back at him. It's insane, the aura that he reclaims yet right now the sullen look in his eyes is pricking my heart.

The way he is looking at me right now, it's as if a small child is afraid of being scolded, so he is being wary of what to say next.

He scratches the back of his neck, "Wo....wo tum yahi raho abse. I bought this for you yesterday, I mean I understand that you do not want to use my money or anything to do with me for that matter. But.....just. Just consider this as my pay back for all that you have done so far..... I meannn....you have taken care of me and Khilb despite knowing I was interested in Huda. So, just take this as a thank you gift? Maybe", Whoa I haven't seen him stutter even once in his lifetime.

But that's not what caught my attention, they way he said Huda burnt my heart. Fine, his Huda and he can go to hell.

"Interest? Ghanta interest. Mai ache se janti hu aap ishq karte hai Huda api se. Mujhse chupa-", I am cut off as his arms swing me in the air that very moment and my back is pushed towards the sides of his car. His expressions have gotten grim, his body takes a languid step forcing my legs apart as his right thigh comes in between, fuck I am just going to cum by the way his chest is pressed into me.

"Shhhhh. Bahut bolti ho tum Suman", he whispers as his thumb caresses the dip below my eyes, while his eyes are trained on my lips.

"Aa...ap kyyaa", it's my time to stutter I guess. My lips are trembling just at the intensity of his gaze.

"Galat. Galat kaha tumne. Mujhe aaj tak ishq nahi hua. Jis din Fayaz ko ishq hoga, us din pura Khilb mujhse ishq karna seekhega. Samjhi?", and there's the Fayaz Ahmed I know.

The intensity of his words dawns upon me only when he has stepped back and begun to make his way to the lift. I still my leg, at the fact that he got the last word. Just too wait Mr.Ahmed!

He waits near the lift for me to come, but I don't even take a step forward. I cross my hands and rest against the car, running my phone.

Few minutes later, I can hear him sigh and then footsteps approaching me. He stands very close to me, atleast close enough for my anxiety to begin shooting.

"Suman please! Is baat par zid na karo. Mai tumhe suite me drop karte hi nikal jaunga. Tumhe pareshan bhi nai karunga, I promise! Bas please yaha raho abse", he pleads and I can't get over the fact that this is the Gaddi Nasheen of Khilb pleading before me.

Whoa. Proud of you Suman.

I stand still though, "Mere pair me dard hai, mai chal kar nahi ja sakti waha tak."

He furrows his eyebrows in confusion, trying to navigate the situation. I internally chuckle at his speechless state. How stupid can he be?

I extend my hands, indicating for him to pick me up. His eyes blink dumbfounded, he looks so cute while dealing with my mood swings.

The next moment I am in air, with my arms hanging off his shoulds as he licks me bridal style and begins walking towards the lift.

He mutters something along the lines of, " Khud bhi pagal hai aur mujhe bhi pagal kar degi!!"