16.

Aman Ali Haider.

"Look Aman, I know why you are here. It was just a misunderstanding." The only thing I can focus on right now is his jaw and how would it feel to see it broken.

"Listen here you asshole. I don't give a fuck about what you have to say. The only reason I am restraining myself from beating the shit out of you is because you are my wife's guest." I snarl pressing on the word wife.

He seems flabbergasted at my tone, he should be anything but that.

I step closer to him, my tall frame hovering over his intimidated form.

"My wife might be too innocent to understand your fucking intentions but I clearly do. Forget about being within ten steps vicinity of her, if you even lay your dirty gaze on her again for anything other than professional work I will personally chop your limbs off your waste body. Then let's see how you will cage somebody in your arms after that. And this is not a warning. It is a clear threat. Bear it in mind before you even think of my wife." I resist my intense urge to throw a quick punch at him before leaving. I storm out of his room trying to control my anger.

I have no idea how I lost my temper on this shithead . I have always held my emotions in close check and I rarely ever lose control of them. I was suspicious of this nutcase the moment I met him, he kept staring at my Jass with googly eyes. She is a rare beauty, I have known it all my life while scaring off boys that tried to impress her. It was a common thing for me, keeping her away from any boys that lurked in the corners.

But today was different. It took every single fibre in my body to not burst out at this fucker for being so close to my wife.

Wife? When did you begin calling her that Aman?

Don't be crazy Aman. This is Jass. Wahi ladki jisko tumne piggyback rides di hain. I keep chanting that to myself these days but strange things are happening to me.

I have always treated her like a baby, she was such a procrastinator all her life that I did most of her things. She annoyed me for almost everything, she had even forced me to play barbie dolls with her. I used to be so irritated with her sometimes that I didn't speak to her for days back then. But eventually we could never stay away for longer.

But now, a day without speaking to her seems like the hardest punishment. For the one month that she was upset with me for misbehaving with her was so torturous I almost lost my shit.
This has never happened before.

She always took care of me even when we were kids and she was younger than me. Whenever I caught cold or a fever she became the mother hen and used to make sure I am looked after. It was all normal, then why did my heart flutter like it would rip out of my chest when she took care of my fever and pressed my head a few days ago?

Her body suddenly looks like that of a goddess to me now, when I have even seen her in shorts back in highschool and never felt myself grow hard. Lately, she had been giving me wet dreams ever since we made out two months ago.

I can't help but notice the peace displayed on her face while she is feeding Faizu. I can't stop recalling the way she moulds into my hands and her sweet moans that are still ringing in my ears as I pepper kisses on her neck. I have begun loving the moment she comes to remove my tie after I return from office and that provides me the opportunity to sniff her heavenly scent.

And when she spoke about my relationship with Saniya, it hurt like a bitch to hear that condescending note. I was broken, it's not just the girls that feel shattered with verbal abuse. Men do too. And the way she taunted me as if I was too dirty and impure for her to touch. It cut deep through my heart, digging deeper wounds than I thought was possible.

Does she really think I am unworthy of being her partner because she believes I have had sex a one too many times with my first wife? Does she feel disgusted by my touch just because I am not a virgin anymore? The bigger question is, why is it hurting me so much if she thinks like that. It never bothered me when Saniya had assumed the worst of me and accused me of cheating but a mere two sentences from Amyra are shaking my world.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I am developing feelings for her. Something that is forbidden for me. I am not the right man for her. I need to stay away. I can't afford her falling in love with me. I am a curse. I cannot bring happiness in anyone's life but death. I can't  lose her too. She is my last hope of living a normal life.

I will never let my feelings for her overpower our friendship. It will shatter everything. No no no. Breathe Aman. Breathe slowly. I inhale and exhale for a few seconds. Once I am calm, I dash out of the house. I need to stay away from her for a few days. After that, maybe everything will become normal again and I will stop feeling horny for her. She is too precious to put our relationship at stake just for lust.

Amyra Sadaf.

Later that evening.

It's been six hours since Aly went out. Mamijaan had told me he rushed out due to some work after handing over Faizu to her with a bottle of milk which obviously my baby didn't drink completely. So he didn't say anything to Mamijaan about the incident in the study. For some reason, it's hurts me even more. He just doesn't care, does he?

Whatever it is, I will explain the whole scenario to him. Whether he is bothered by it or not, it is my responsibility as his wife to tell him exactly what happened. For that, he has to come home first which he seems to have forgotten about.

After pacing back and forth for another hour, I finally decide to call him. I dial his number waiting for him to pick up but he never does. I try another five times but nada! Damn him for ignoring me.

Aly please ghar aaja. Kahan hai tu, mujhe ajeeb si bechaini ho rahi hai. Atleast ye to batade ki tu safe hai ya nahin.                                          9:05PM

I text him. After five minutes, there are two blue ticks. But no reply.

Aly maine tujhse kabhi baat nai karni. Kyun itna sata raha hai? Bas ghar aaja, main explain karungi. Promise. Jaisa tu soch raha hai waisa kuch nai hai.                                                  9:10PM

Blue ticks.

Mujhe aur Faizu dono ko tere bina neend nahin aarahi.                   10:20PM

Faizu ro raha tujhe yaad karke.
                                                      10:45PM

I miss you Aly. I miss your warmth and your protective embrace. I miss the chaste forehead kiss you place on me before falling asleep. Mostly, I miss your manly scent.                  11:39PM

Blue ticks but no reply.