2.

The voting is low peeps, if you really like the story I expect of you to keep voting and commenting. If you don't, mention that as well. But do leave a feedback.
                                 ....Nijapa2003.

"Aaah. Gosh, I am so tired", Nazanin exclaims dramatically jumping on her heart shaped bed with a dark pink satin bedsheet on it, her room is as girly as it can get. She realized she couldn't play her usual dose of Xbox today because she was busy in the function. But what she lacked in gaming, she made it up in her lovely royal blue gown.

Even Dani said she was looking like a princess, a smile appears on her face at his compliment. Then she pouts at the thought of getting up from her soft bed and changing her clothes, but if she doesn't Mama will scold.

"Ugh! What should I do? I just want to snuggle into my bed", she thinks out loud when her door opens and a grinning Dani pops up. She instantly gets up, jumping down then racing towards him. Then she jumps on him, like she did on the bed, wrapping her legs around his waist and arms around his neck, "Daniiii, where were you?" she whines.

Dani stumbles for a split second, then holding his hand against the wall to balance himself, he reprimanded her, "Niny, araam se. Abhi ham dono gir jaate." He flicks his index finger on her forehead.

She looks at him pouting more, she never liked Dani scolding her. It makes him look like a big boy and she hates big people. They always keep scolding us, Naaz don't do this, don't eat that and blah blah blah.

"Don't scold me, otherwise I'll start crying", her lower is trembling and tears have quickly gathered in her waterline. Even at an age as young as ten, she knows her tricks all too well. Dani can never tolerate her crying, so she uses that to her advantage.

"No, I am sorry. I won't scold you ever again. Please don't cry, okay", he rubs her head slowly and softly.

With all his strength, he begins striding towards the bed and finally drops her on the bed, exhaling a huge sigh in relief, he was afraid he would drop her in the process.

Nazanin immediately retracts to her pillow, falling butt flat on it. Her bed feels so good, she sighs in delight. Danish shakes his head at her, knowing she would fall asleep any minute now if he doesn't get her pjs for her to change. He walks to her closet, getting her favourite Mickey Mouse pjs in one hand and a pair of socks in the other.

"Niny, c'mon. You need to get  out of that heavy dress and also brush your teeth before you fall asleep", he instructs her only to receive a whine of disapproval. After persuading her for five minutes, she finally gives in stomping to the bathroom to change.

Danish sits on her bed, waiting eagerly for her to get back because he got something for her. He wants to see if she will like his gift. The bathroom door opens revealing a sleepy Nazanin looking extremely cute in her pjs.

Danish stands up, clearing his throat in nervousness. He removes his hand from pant pocket, revealing a single rose. Nazanin looks at the rose, then at him, then again at the rose and repeats the process until Danish finally utters, "For you."

Nazanin then asks him confused, "Why did you bring me a red rose? Mama always told best friends should give yellow roses to each other."

"Yes, but now that you are my dulhan, I thought I could give you this. I have seen baba putting red rose on Mama's head several times and baba always calls her begumjaan." Niny nods her head, now understanding that since they wrote their names together today, they have become like Uncle Walid and Maasima(Aunt).

She then steps forward, tapping Dani's head, "Then why are you standing pagal, put the rose in my hair."  Dani grins happily, complying to her demands. He places the rose close to her right ear and fixes it in her tiara.

After he steps back, Niny asks him confused, "But Dani, why do we have to write our names on a paper to stay together, why can't we just be like that without doing it?"

"Who said we can't be together just like that, the sign we did was just an additional surety that even if we fight, you can't leave me alone. The same goes with me. Understood now, silly?"

"Daniiii, I am not silly. I am integ....intelligent. Yes I am intelligent", she says flipping her hair and walking haughtily towards the bed.

Danish could only look at her in awe, smiling tirelessly at her antics giving all his attention to her. As usual, she did not wear her socks by herself. She never wears them herself, Dani had to  put them on her feet otherwise she would sleep barefoot and catch cold the next day.

Danish sits near her feet, grabbing them and tickling slightly under her knees, and she bursts into a fit of giggles. He gently places the sock on her heel, then pulling it upwards and then repeating the same for the other all the while Niny keeps glancing at him.

"Dani, you know I learnt to play the piano in the music class today. It was amazing. But it's tough, I can't seem to remember the notes clearly. But I am confident if I practice it everyday like you do football, I will be a pro at well.... ", and then she goes on and on about how her day was spent not missing a single detail.

"Dani, why was Uncle Walid crying today? I saw him and maasima crying while they were sitting in the drawing hmm g room today", she asks what has been bugging for an hour now.

Danish becomes sad at the mention of his baba crying, he had seen that too. When he asked his mother about it, she only said that he was missing Uncle Saeed.

"Mama said baba was missing Uncle Saeed."

"Oh. Does he really miss baba so much?", she asks getting a mental image of the photograph she was shown of her baba who is now not in this world.

Dani nods, "There were best friends, just like you and I. They never did anything without each other it seems, just like us. But then one day, some monsters came and took Uncle Saeed away. Leaving baba alone and without his best friend."

Tears gather in Niny's eyes, thinking if what would happen if the same monsters would take her Dani away from her.

"Dani, what if you leave me one day too. Just like baba left", she says on the verge of breaking down.

Dani rubs her head softly again, smiling down at her, "I won't ever leave you alone Niny. I promise. Ham hamesha saath rahenge. Kyunki hamne nikaahnama sign kiya hai, ab to koi tension nai hai. Haina?"

Niny doesn't seem too convinced, she just can't think of losing Dani. So she ran to her cupboard getting a ring from there that she had gotten for him from her pocket money. Coming back on the bed, she slides the ring in his index finger.

Grinning satisfactorily, she looks at a surprised Dani, "This is a promise ring. You just promised to never leave me, so whenever you are not with me this ring will remind you that you have to come back to me from wherever you are. Understood?"

Danish nods knowing there won't be any need for him to be reminded of her, because no matter what he is doing Niny is always on his mind. Even when he is solving algebra, he could be thinking about Niny eating pizza and getting it all over her face.

Nazanin then gets up on the bed, kissing Dani on his cheek, muttering a long goodnight.

(The background is her bedroom and it is night time)

"Good night princessa! Sleep tight"