- F O R T Y F I V E -

cw/tw - panic attack

~ technos pov ~

I get home from football, dad had told me on the way about Wilbur and Tommy. He told me about them going off in a strop upstairs which I was excited to see, whenever Wilbur smokes there's always an argument between them.

"Wilbur!" Dad shouted upstairs "Come down now!"

"Fine!" He shouted back.

Moments later Wilbur was trudging down the stairs with Tommy following not far behind him, I rested my arms on the counter ready for the argument and Tommy did the same standing next to me.

"What are you thinking Wilbur? You know what smoking does to people I've told you over and over again yet you still chose not to listen, I thought you stopped with this"

"I did, it was only one I don't see the problem" Wilbur threw his hands in the air.

"Yeah it may be one now but soon enough it will be two, then five then ten and then on a hospital bed"

"Why are you being such a prick!"

"I'm not being a prick I'm just looking out for you! Can't you see that?"

I was too interested in this argument going on in front of me that I didn't realise the hyperventilating boy next to me, I look over to my left and realise he's struggling to keep himself standing up.

"Guys! Stop!" I yell while kneeling down to Tommy who was now on the floor "It's alright buddy, you're fine it's just me, Techno, copy my breathing okay?"

I inhale and exhale slowly as he begins to copy along, I used to help with panic attacks often, I still do sometimes but not as often as it used to be, Phil taught me that trick and it worked,

"Can you hear me Toms?" He nods "Good job, you okay?"

"Yeah I'm better now" I look down to see he squeezing a stress ball, it looked like Wil's old one that he doesn't use anymore so he must have handed it down to Tommy.

I turn around to the two who seemed worried "Can you two just leave? And save your stupid argument for another time"

They both nodded knowing that I was getting angry and left the room which made me turn my attention back to Tommy "Let's get you up off the floor"

I helped him regain his balance as he got up off the floor and sat him on the stool.

"Sorry about them, I didn't realise that would happen, if I knew I would've stopped them instantly"

"It's fine don't worry" He told me, voice still a little shaky "do you play football?"

"Yeah I do, why?"

"Can I come watch your next match?"

"Of course you can, it's on Saturday so try not to get grounded by then" I chuckle.

"I'll try but I can't promise anything"

"If you cant make it there's plenty of others anyway don't worry" I tell him "What happened with you Puffy and Phil anyway?"

"Oh it's just Puffy being over dramatic as per usual don't worry about it"