- O N E H U N D R E D & F O R T Y -

cw/tw - mentions of abuse & hospital

~ third person pov ~

steve sat there tapping his feet on the floor of the waiting room in the hospital, he couldn't believe he hadn't noticed tommy's pain. he couldn't believe that him or lisa hadn't noticed, he blamed himself for it as he waited for puffy to arrive.

"steve, what happened?" puffy asks as she rushed in.

"i don't know" he replied, head in hands "i was just talking to him and next minute he fell to the ground, he wouldn't wake up and he had bruises all over his stomach, how did i not notice?"

"it's not your fault steve, you couldn't of know and we'll get to the bottom of this alright?"

"yeah, thanks" he nodded.

"i'll be back in a minute, i'm going to talk to tommys doctors" she told him as she stood up and she nodded.

after she found tommy's room she waited outside as the doctor checked on tommy who was on the verge of waking up, stirring as he heard the monitors beep.

as the doctor left his room puffy managed to stop him quite quickly "yes how can i help you?"

"hows tommy doing? i'm his social worker"

"he has two broken ribs that luckily aren't too severe and multiple bruises all over his chest, it's suspected to be from abuse" he states "who's he living with, is it the man in there?"

puffy gulped, no matter how many times she had heard them say that it still hurt "yeah that's him, it his uncle and his aunty is on the way i'm pretty sure"

"alright well, the police have been contacted as you know it's standard procedure and they're on their way" he told her "i'm pretty sure you know that they won't be able to see him at the moment until we know what's going on"

"yeah of course" she nods "can i go see him?"

"yes, he just waking up now so be careful with him"

she just nods again in respond before rushing to tommy's side who's eyes were adjusting to the light "puffy?"

"hi tommy" she smiles.

"w-what what, why am i here?" he stumbled over his words.

"you fainted tommy, don't you remember?" he shakes his head "wanna tell me where these bruises and broken ribs are from?"

his eyes widened slightly at that statement, he stayed silent. he didn't want anyone knowing, he didn't need anyone knowing what had happened either. lisa had warned him of what would happen and the only person he actually had left was puffy meaning whoever was supposed to go after my 'loved ones' would go after her and her only.

he looked away from puffy and she knew something was up instantly, it happened every time unfortunately "well the police are on their way so if won't tell me you'll have to tell them"

"the police?" he perked up and she nodded "why are they coming here?"

"you know why tommy, you have bruises all over you now please tell me who did it"

"me" he muttered.

"what? you did that to yourself?" he nodded "tommy how old do you think i am?"

"i dunno" he shrugged "old"

"hey!" they both chuckled "but seriously tommy, was it steve out there?"

"what?" he scrunched his face up "no, he wouldn't do that"

"what about lisa?" she asks and his face changed slightly from what it was before.

"she wouldn't do that either"

she could instantly tell he was lying right to her face, tommy had always been the same. he never wants help which is the worst thing because all puffy wants to do is help him.

AUTHORS NOTE

thank you guys for reading my stories!
i can't express how much i appreciate all
of you, when i started this i would've
never imagined i'd get this many wtf

hope you have a good day anyway &
please vote and drop a follow as it helps
a lot!! :)