- S I X T Y O N E -

~ phil's pov ~

"thanks dad" he whispered as he went back to sleep.

i froze for a moment while a smile formed on my face, i turned around and left the room quietly as i tried to hold my excitement in. when i get to the kitchen i see wilbur sitting there on his phone that he puts down as i walk in.

"did he say it?" he asked, the reason he knew is because my reaction was the exact same when him and techno said it for the first time.

"yep! but he's half asleep so he might not have meant it"

"he probably did mean but has been scared to say it"

i was about to talk when i was interrupted by techno coming down the stairs, who saw my enthusiasm.

"what's up with you?" he asked while sitting down next to wilbur.

"what do you think techno?" wilbur replied before i could form words together.

"he already said it?" he raised his eyebrows.

"yeah, he was half asleep though" i tell him.

"where is he anyway?"

"he's asleep still, i don't think he got much sleep last night"

"yeah he came into my room last night for a bit but when i woke up he was gone"

"probably exhausted from school" wilbur adds.

"yeah" i nod "well you two better be heading off to school now otherwise you'll be late"

they both let out a groan before leaving the room and not long after slamming the door, i'm guessing they made a mutual and silent agreement to forgive each other for last night as they seemed fine this morning. i just hoped nothing happened while they were at school.

~ T I M E • S K I P ~

it had been about three hours since the boys left and tommy still wasn't awake so i decided to check up on him, i knew that he was tired but i didn't realise he was this tired. i enter his room after not getting an answer from him inside, he was still in the same position as he was when i was in there earlier on.

"tommy" i shake him "i know you're tired mate but you need to wake up"

he groan as he rolled over to face me while rubbing his eyes "what time is it?"

"around eleven, you're gonna wake up even more tired tomorrow if you stay asleep"

"okay" he yawned while getting out of bed and following me downstairs.

"did you not sleep well last night then?"

"mhm, i woke up at like 4:30 in technos room and went to my room but i just watched the clock tick and tick until like 7"

"do you know why? have you been stressed or anything recently"

"i dunno" he shrugged "its a bit overwhelming at the moment"

"that's understandable tommy, this is all new" i nod "it's a whole new family in a whole new house and then it's a new school as well which doesn't get any easier no matter how many times you do it"

"yeah and yesterday was bad as well"

i furrow my eyebrows "what happened yesterday?"

"i had a panic attack and ran off from Mr. Hill because Mrs. Hill was eating too loud"

"did anything else happen? what did Mr. Hill do?"

"he went after me and helped me calm down, i like Mr. Hill hes nice" he tells me "then he gave me some noise cancelling headphones and took me to techno in the library which was nice"

"that's nice of him, what are your classes like?"

"they're okay sometimes, i guess" i shrug.

"that reminds me that i need to ring them still" i remember "do you want anything to eat before i ring them?"

"no it's fine i'll get something"

"alright, shout me if you need help"

i leave the kitchen and grab my phone off the couch as i ring the school, a number i had become very familiar with over the past few years.