- O N E H U N D R E D & T H I R T Y S E V E N -

~ wilburs pov ~

i got upstairs and decided to ring sally, we needed to decided what we wanted to do otherwise it would be too late and the baby would already be here!

"hey what's up?" she asks as her face pops up on my screen.

"i need to talk to you about the baby, my dad said if we don't tell your parents by the end of the week he'll do it himself" i tell her.

"what baby?" i hear a voice in the background which i recognise to be her dad.

"um surprise" she says.

"are you serious? is this your doing wilbur?" he practically shouts.

"partly" i respond.

"i can't believe this, honey get up here now!"

i saw tears forming in sally's eyes as her mum came up the stairs and there's nothing i could do except listen and try to intervene every now and then.

"what do you want?" she asks as she comes into sally's room.

"she's pregnant!"

"really? you're sixteen young lady, whose is it?"

"whose do you think it is?"

"wilburs? stupid boy"

"hello" i say "i'm right here"

"this is why i didn't tell you guys, i don't need you shouting at me!"

"well what do you expect us to do?"

"be supportive and help me like wilburs dad!"

"well if wilburs dad is so supportive why don't you go and live there?"

"because this is my home! a place that's supposed to be safe for me, a place where people will support me but clearly not"

"well what are you going to do with it?"

"we don't know yet, that's why wilbur rang me!"

"you better get rid of it otherwise you aren't welcome in our house!" the man says.

by this time i was already leaving the house while staying on call, i was going to go and talk some sense into them because obviously they weren't listening to her.

when i arrive, i open the door and enter the house which i usually do before hanging up the phone. i run up the stairs to where the shouting was and the two adults turn around, i'm pretty sure they weren't expected me to be there.

"what the fuck are you doing here?" her dad says.

"to stop you from screaming at your own fucking daughter! how do you think she feels?"

"you're the reason she's being shouted at right now" her mother butts in.

"i know so shout at me instead of her, it was a stupid mistake! you think i did it on purpose?"

"yes! you want to take our daughter away from us" he steps closer to me.

"what the fuck are you doing and how dare you say that! i would never want to take sally away from you"

"then why did you give her a baby?"

"i don't know what you're not understanding but as i said, i didn't do it on purpose"

"then why did you do it? why weren't you wearing protection?"

"i don't know!" i then turn to her mum "how old were you when you had your first child? tell me because i'm pretty sure you were also our age so don't act like you're perfect because no one is and you guys especially aren't, so maybe instead of criticising her for our actions help her and treat her with respect because i'm sure it wasn't easy for you guys either!"

they were left silent staring at each other so i took that opportunity to sit next to sally, whispering comforting worlds while pulling her into a hug as she cried into my chest.

when i looked up her parents were gone and i decided it was best for us to leave, i grab sallys phone off the side and as well as her hand. we walk down the stairs avoiding the living room where i heard them arguing and slipped out the house without them noticing.

AUTHORS NOTE

hope you're doing well!! <33