- O N E H U N D R E D & T W E N T Y T H R E E -

~ tommys pov ~

after the not so nice we had eaten for dinner steve invited me to the park with him to play football and i agreed, i told him that i had no clue how to play but he offered to teach me which was nice of him.

"lisa, we are going out to play football at the park! we'll be back later on" he shouts down the house as i put my shoes on.

"alright, bye!"

i put my shoes on and stood back up, he opened the door for me and i left the house with him following behind before catching up with me shortly after closing the door.

i know he was trying to build up a relationship with me and i appreciated it but i didn't want that, i don't like trusting people and letting them get close. i didn't even do it with phil, wilbur or techno so why would i let him do it?

when we got to the park he started asking question about my life since he 'last saw me' which was like eight years ago but every time he did i shut him down with one word answers immediately, i didn't want to tell him anything about me. i didn't trust him at all.

"alright how about we do some tackling first and then we can do some shooting if you want" he offers.

"sure" i shrug.

"you don't talk much do you?"

"no, i don't like people knowing my business"

"oh" he pauses for a short moment "i'm sorry for asking all those questions then, i was just trying to get to know you, i won't ask anymore"

he seemed like a nice man, i mean he's pretty considerate anyway but that doesn't mean i trust him. anyone can act considerate and be the worst person ever.

"it's fine, shall we start then?"

"sure" he nods while kicking the ball over to me.

i stopped it with my foot before gaining control and passing it back over to me, it was quite easy and i got the hang of it pretty quickly as well.

after a few times of passing it to each other he decided to go in goal and let me take a few shots but i wasn't very good at it, my kick wasn't very powerful but he told me that we could work on it by playing in the garden as well as coming back here to play.

shortly after he had the idea to switch around meaning i was in goal and he was shooting, i did quite a good job at stopping the ball which surprised me. i saved almost all of them and i was definitely shocked, i think steve was as well.

"you're really good in goal tommy, how about we get you some gloves eh?" he suggests.

i shake my head "you don't have to do that, it will be a waste of money"

"no don't worry it's only a couple of quid, it's nothing so don't worry about money" he smiles "think of it as an early christmas gift from me"

"okay, thanks" i nod my head.

i've never like receiving presents from people, it feels scummy of me because i usually leave the house a few weeks later so it's like i'm just using them. i know these people have adopted me but it doesn't matter, i was just used to hating it and i probably always will.

AUTHORS NOTE

sorry about the late update i'm
staying at a friends house!!

have a good day <33