Chapter 11

St. Freya, 3 years later, 3rd POV

A boy is sleeping on a bed without any disturbance, until the door slammed open, revealing a girl with white hair, she then shoutted to the boy to wake up.

Kiana : “HEY, WAKEY-WAKEY IT’S TIME FOR SCHOOL.”

The boy then throws a sword to her, luckily she dodged in time.

Kiana : “HEY ! THAT COULD KIIL ME !”

Ray : “SHUT UP TUNA ! IT’S STILL 5 IN THE MORNING !”

A slam then was heard from the wall beside them, signaling them to be quiet.

Ray : “See ? Because of you, Lei is mad now.”

Kiana : “It’s your fault ! You said yesterday that we will train together !”

Ray : “I did ?”

Kiana : “Yeah ! Here’s the proof.”

Kiana then picked up her phone, playing an audio.

Kiana (audio) : “Hey, Ray.”

Ray (audio) : “Yeah ? What’s wrong Kiana ?”

Kiana (a) : “Can we train together tomorrow ?”

Ray (a) : “Sure.”

Kiana (a) : “Then I’ll wake you up at 5 okay ?”

Ray (a) : “Okay.”

The audio stopped, and Ray is cursing himself inside on why did he think that Kiana won’t seriously wake him at 5 in the morning. But, promise is a promise.

Ray : “Okay, okay, just give me a few minutes to get ready.”

Kiana then got out of the room while saying “Okay”, Ray sighed. He picked up the sword he just threw to Kiana that is stuck inside the wall now, he looked at the sword. He remembered the first time he got the sword, it was when the five of them, squad V got their first mission, 3 years ago.

(Flashback)

St. Freya, Ray’s POV

We just got our first mission, and it’s about an exploration on an unknown cave. But, before we go. Theresa asked me, if I don’t have any weapon. I said “I don’t”, so she brought me to the armory. She said I could pick up whatever weapon I wanted, so I tried a few weapons.

First, I tried a spear, it doesn’t feel right to me, so I picked another weapon. Second, I picked up a gun, just like Kiana’s weapon, but my accuracy isn’t good. Third, I tried a sword, it feels nice. So, I just grab the sword and the mission started.

After the mission, I lost the sword. It’s broken to be exact, because I tried slicing a honkai beast, but it:s skin is too strong. So, my sword bent. But, when I got into my room. Naron asked me, if I wanted to have a weapon trial in my dream. I said, “yes”. And so, that night I tried many weapons that Naron created using his power.

After a while, I feel that a dual sword fits me. So, I choose that. When I wake up, the dual sword was beside my bed. It was quite difficult to make them calm down, because they thought someone sneaked in to our dorm. But, doesn’t they think it’s strange if there’s someone that sneaked inside just to give them something good ?

(Flashback End)

Squad V’s dorm, Ray’s POV

I lifted my gaze from the sword, and put the sword inside the one of the sheath. I got out of my room, not forgetting to close the door, and got down the stairs. To see that Kiana is in front of the tv, I sighed. I got in the kitchen to see if there's something I can eat as a small breakfat, there was some bread, so I made a sandwhich.

Kiana noticed me making a sandwhich and was making a sad face, I sighed again and ask if she wants one, she replied with a “Yes please !” and a smile on her face. I made one for me and one for her, I put it on the table in front of the tv. I ate my sandwhich and it was delicious as always, Kiana also has a smile on her face as she was eating her sandwhich. After that, I got upstairs to my room to change my clothes.

(Timeskip)

We are now at the training facility, we did some warm up before setting the simulation machine to summon some honkai beast and zombies. Kiana is wearing her usual White Comet battlesuit, while I have my own suit.

Ray : “So ? How difficult do you want it to be ?”

Kiana : “The highest.”

She said with a smug on her face as she was confirming the difficulty, the machine reply with “Are you sure ?”. She almost pressed the “Yes” button, before I chopped her head.

Ray : “Are you insane ?! Do you want us to die ?!”

Kiana : “Ah ! That hurt you know ?! And besides, I’m sure both of us can handle it.”

Ray : *sigh* “Just because me and Durandal at that time can finish it doesn’t means we can do the same, you do remember that Durandal is the current strongest right ? If not for her, I can’t even finish it on my own.”

Kiana : “But the fact you and Durandal finished it means it’s possible !”

Ray : *sigh* “Just put on the hard difficulty for now, if you can finish it under 3- No, 5 minutes, we will challenge the highest difficulty.”

Kiana : “Deal ! You won’t go back on your word right ?!”

Ray : “Yeah, yeah, if you can do it in the first place that is.”

I then set up the simulation machine, there’s 5 of each normal honkai beast.

5 Chariots.