Chapter 59

--- Behind the Scenes ---

Author: Sorry if this chapter's shorter than usual

Narrator: Since when is 3k categorized as "short"? You do realize that in the past you've written 3k as long, right?

Author: Did I? Huh, how time has passed...

Narrator: No, wait. I don't think that's what I wanted you to realize---

Author: Oh, well. No time for reminiscing

Narrator: Hey! Listen to me---

Author: WIthout wasting any time, let's start the chapter!

Narrator: This little---

--- Start of Chapter ---

[Hyperion, 3rd POV]

???: "Ray's back?!"

With a loud voice, a petite girl entered the infirmary in a rush. It was Theresa.

Rough breath could be seen clearly going in and out of her mouth. It seemed that she ran to this place as soon as she heard the news. But before she could get an answer, she instead got---

Leila: "You're too loud, Shorteri."

Theresa: "Ow?!"

Smacked on the head. As a result, she crouched on the floor and grabbed her head while groaning in pain.

Leila: "But to answer your question... Yes. He's back."

As she moved out of the way, the figure of a young man sleeping peacefully on one of the beds came into her view.

Her eyes widened, she couldn't believe it.

He had, indeed, came back. As that realization hit her once more, a tear slid down her cheek.

Leila: "Come on, no one wants to see a little girl crying on the floor. At the very least, cry beside him. That's a better and more normal alternative."

Theresa: "...shut up."

She swept her tears and stood from her spot. Slowly, she walked closer toward the man and noticed something.

Theresa: "Lei...?"

Turns out, Ray wasn't the only one sleeping. Beside his bed, a girl with white hair was also sleeping while holding his hand.

Leila: "That girl... the moment she realized that he's back, she doesn't want to leave his side even for a moment. It was hard bringing him in here while she was practically glued to him the entire time. As for Mei, she's in her room."

Leila said before sighing, but a faint smile formed just a second later only to disappear the next second. Of course, Theresa didn't miss that change but she was more interested in what Leila had said just now.

Theresa: "Mei? And also, 'bringing him here'?"

Leila: "Ah, right. I haven't explained what'd happened, have I? Well, the thing is..."

After that, Leila started to explain what had happened since this morning.