Chapter 76

✧✧✧

--- Start of Chapter ---

[???'s PoV]

It was dark. No other color was painted there except... the blinking white dots covering some parts of its surface.

Looking at them, an odd feeling overwhelmed my heart. It was as if... I'm---

???: "Uhm..."

A certain voice entered my ear, I looked to the side and found a girl my age fidgeting nervously.

???: "...?"

It was strange, why was she trembling like that?

Girl: "Papa said... that you are a new family member..."

Her voice... was small and soft. I could barely hear what she'd said, but even so, I could strangely hear her words quite clearly.

Girl: "So... Uhm..."

She fidgeted a bit before slowly giving me a nervous stare. And since I was looking at her, our eyes met one another.

A pair of beautiful white eyes...

(...?)

For some reason, something felt weird in my chest. It was as if... something was trembling inside...

Girl: "C-can yo-ou..."

Her nervousness had subconsciously followed along, but that instead made me focus back even more so on her and forget about that weird feeling.

Girl: "B-b-be... m-my... bi-ung?!"

She... bit her tongue?

Girl: "U-uuuuu..."

And suddenly, she started tearing up.

???: "..."

Strangely, there was this urge to do something to her. So, I gave in and quietly brought myself closer to her.

Girl: "...!"

Then, I used the sleeve of the new clothes I had been given to... by that man to wipe the corner of her eyes a bit.

She seemed surprised but didn't say anything and let me do as I will.

After that was done, I noticed that her hands were shaking faintly.

For a moment, I felt... nothing.

But suddenly, I felt another oddness from inside my chest.

???: "I..."

And subconsciously, I had already voiced out my words.

???: "I'm... Ray."

It was my name.

Ray.

But something... was missing.

Ray: "Ray..."

What... was missing?

Ray: "...Kinara."

Right.

My name, Ray Kinara.

My... new name.